Seller refusing to cancel order

briosbo

So I wanted someone to do a character illustration for my dnd character, and hired an artist to do a full body high detail rendering. I provided ample detail, as well as a few reference photos.

Today i got the first delivery to review and discovered that the artist basically traced over one of the reference photos and colored it in with different colors as well as adding minor details to look different. When I saw this I was confused as to why the quality didn’t match the portfolio that they sent me to, and realized that they had deleted (or hidden idk) their sellers page. Also, looking deeper into their portfolio link I discovered that a large number of illustrations they claim to be theirs had the signatures of other artists on them (professionals from different countries).

I put in a request to cancel, but the “artist” is claiming that since their file they sent to review is different than that of the picture I sent it is 100% original work. Is there a way to force them to cancel so I don’t have to pay for work that didn’t match the level of expertise that they presented in their portfolio?

Put in a request to customer service, let them know that the seller stole their portfolio, then hid it so you can’t review it again, that the order style & quality is not to the quality of the portfolio presented, and you would like to cancel but the Seller is refusing.

I hope this works out for you.

Put in a request to customer service, let them know that the seller stole their portfolio, then hid it so you can’t review it again, that the order style & quality is not to the quality of the portfolio presented, and you would like to cancel but the Seller is refusing.

I hope this works out for you.

I sent in a customer service request, but in the mean time the seller keeps messaging me claiming that “their portfolio has many artists” and that it doesn’t match the rest of the portfolio because there are many artists they work with.

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on fiverr as that reflects on our community. Yes there is lot of sellers who play unfair showing portfolio of other artists to get the work. This is a problem but you can catch the cheaters very easy just comparing the price and the product they offer. You can be sure that there is no professional talented artist who is ready to work for a long time with the low price in most of cases you will be highly disappointed with the result it will be even cheaper than you paid for. Design studying is very expensive and the programs artists use also take money and only with the experience of years people become real designers and illustrators so they can’t simply offer you their services for low prices. You can message to customer service about the issue you faced but I’m not sure that customer service can do much in this case as the seller you work with deliver the artwork and they spend a time to make the illustration good or bad it’s another question and if the quality isn’t good you can ask them to make revisions and refine that. Customer service can help you if the seller didn’t complete the task or refused to make promised revisions or because of inappropriate behavior. I have an idea but not sure if it’s appropriate could you share your task and the result you get from your seller here? so we can help giving advises how to improve the artwork maybe giving some tips? as here is many illustrators and artist designers.

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on fiverr as that reflects on our community. Yes there is lot of sellers who play unfair showing portfolio of other artists to get the work. This is a problem but you can catch the cheaters very easy just comparing the price and the product they offer. You can be sure that there is no professional talented artist who is ready to work for a long time with the low price in most of cases you will be highly disappointed with the result it will be even cheaper than you paid for. Design studying is very expensive and the programs artists use also take money and only with the experience of years people become real designers and illustrators so they can’t simply offer you their services for low prices. You can message to customer service about the issue you faced but I’m not sure that customer service can do much in this case as the seller you work with deliver the artwork and they spend a time to make the illustration good or bad it’s another question and if the quality isn’t good you can ask them to make revisions and refine that. Customer service can help you if the seller didn’t complete the task or refused to make promised revisions or because of inappropriate behavior. I have an idea but not sure if it’s appropriate could you share your task and the result you get from your seller here? so we can help giving advises how to improve the artwork maybe giving some tips? as here is many illustrators and artist designers.

This was what I laid out in the task, as well as their first update on the design:

B5B946AC-0A5A-4984-A246-A26CF6BF3302.thumb.jpeg.6d57a3baa7d2481cd4f185a739e2f7ab.jpeg
image842×1191 75.4 KB

As per my request, I’m looking for someone to do concept art for my DnD character. I would like a full color, detailed illustration. The character (Pyrrha Gremory) is a 30yr old, 6’2" toned female elf (winter eladrin specifically) assassin rogue with light grey skin, and white mid-length to long hair, and silver eyes (left eye has a purple glow). There is a scar that crosses over her eye on the left side of her face, and she has a full sleeve of tattoos on her right arm. She normally wears black studded leather armor and a hooded cloak. She dual-wields two magic shortswords. One sword is called “Glimmer” it is blue and glows white with radiant energy, the other is a relic called “whisper” which is black and emits shadows. She also carries 3 daggers across her chest in her baldrick. Personality: she is an assassin, rough around the edges but soft when it comes to kids and animals. Most of the people she cared for died and she was framed for treason in the country she once protected, so she trusts no one. As the former Shadow guard Captain in Evermeet, she has a commanding presence when she needs it, but can easily disappear untraced. (think if Ciri from the Witcher crossed with one of the lovely ladies from Assassins Creed)

This was what I laid out in the task, as well as their first update on the design:

As per my request, I’m looking for someone to do concept art for my DnD character. I would like a full color, detailed illustration. The character (Pyrrha Gremory) is a 30yr old, 6’2" toned female elf (winter eladrin specifically) assassin rogue with light grey skin, and white mid-length to long hair, and silver eyes (left eye has a purple glow). There is a scar that crosses over her eye on the left side of her face, and she has a full sleeve of tattoos on her right arm. She normally wears black studded leather armor and a hooded cloak. She dual-wields two magic shortswords. One sword is called “Glimmer” it is blue and glows white with radiant energy, the other is a relic called “whisper” which is black and emits shadows. She also carries 3 daggers across her chest in her baldrick. Personality: she is an assassin, rough around the edges but soft when it comes to kids and animals. Most of the people she cared for died and she was framed for treason in the country she once protected, so she trusts no one. As the former Shadow guard Captain in Evermeet, she has a commanding presence when she needs it, but can easily disappear untraced. (think if Ciri from the Witcher crossed with one of the lovely ladies from Assassins Creed)

This is one of the pictures I sent for reference

96C543E0-C930-45B7-A8D6-F83032144348.thumb.jpg.8c07884bebd260438183f5029308017c.jpg
image750×1334 177 KB

I also got another message from seller saying that the illustrations on their profile were for another artist in their group, and then got a link to their portfolio (which consisted of about 6 GIFs straight from the movie frozen of Elsa).

I sent in a customer service request, but in the mean time the seller keeps messaging me claiming that “their portfolio has many artists” and that it doesn’t match the rest of the portfolio because there are many artists they work with.

I sent in a customer service request, but in the mean time the seller keeps messaging

Hi @briosbo,

Please just wait for CS’s reply. It could take up to 48 hours, depending on their work load. Meanwhile, simply ignore the seller’s messages.

This is one of the pictures I sent for reference

Thank you for clarifying and sharing the visuals. The issue is that the reference photo is made in Photoshop (raster) and it’s called digital painting the artist should have painting skills very high skills. You got the result done in adobe illustrator or in corel draw which is vector programs. The good news is that they didn’t trace the image they draw with the shapes but forgot about the anatomy and I see the issue with the legs with the arms with the shadings the neck looks weird the cloth doesn’t fit correct and the whole image looks flat. They should try to draw the illustration in photoshop or photo paint or in procreate the adobe illustrator and corel draw will not work for this type of illustrations. The best they can do to turn the illustration to match attached styles

1.thumb.jpg.cdd1aee2b1e89a3bc169bd3b15739250.jpg
1600×849 35.7 KB
2.jpg.970cfb21ac4143269c098d159c42d9df.jpg
2600×634 155 KB
3.thumb.jpg.b48bdb3231cb2cbeb17ac18a4827e583.jpg
31000×1406 445 KB

And the good news is that if the illustration doesn’t match the quality they show in their portfolio Customer service can give you a refund. Frankly speaking I don’t think that the artist who draw that character can do something near to your reference artwork. And if they have many illustrators and they are good enough to make something close to your reference why they give the task to someone who is far from drawing characters. They can give you another try but these time they should give the work to the illustrator whose works were shown in portfolio it’s otherwise they must refund as you paid for the high quality they offer

That’s why I was confused when I received what they sent me, because I paid a decent amount, and was expecting original work and not a close copy to one of the 3 photos I sent as concepts to draw from. I sent CS the original portfolio link (for an outside source) that the artist sent me (since they have proceeded to delete their seller page), so that they can get an idea of the level of work that I was expecting based on the portfolio they provided and the sum I paid.

That’s why I was confused when I received what they sent me, because I paid a decent amount, and was expecting original work and not a close copy to one of the 3 photos I sent as concepts to draw from. I sent CS the original portfolio link (for an outside source) that the artist sent me (since they have proceeded to delete their seller page), so that they can get an idea of the level of work that I was expecting based on the portfolio they provided and the sum I paid.

I sent CS the original portfolio link (for an outside source) that the artist sent me (since they have proceeded to delete their seller page),

@briosbo, if the seller’s account is not available anymore, it means the seller closed it or Fiverr banned the account. In either case, the order should have already been canceled, so you just need to ask CS to please refund you.

I’m sorry but people who just rip people off and straight steal othe people’s art sickens me, he 100 % traced pixel for pixel this drawing, most likely on sketchbook autodesk

36A67A9E-FB9E-4027-AD45-40C51F8EBCF6.thumb.jpeg.0cc3187780f030b5e4c53c3458690166.jpeg
image2048×2732 539 KB

With just the smallest amount of change he stole this image and tried to rip off the buyer see image above

Sorry for the low quality image I just threw this together on my iPad to show that all of his ”Work” lines up exactly with the reference image

This is stealing of intellectual property

You can be sure that customer service will help you with this. Fiverr is one of the safest places to make business and you are protected just wait for the customer service’s reply don’t worry about. There is a tones of excellent artists here on fiverr you can find the correct one just keep in mind

1. Check portfolio and check the illustrations if they aren’t stolen
  2. Ask to confirm that they can do the job in the same quality.
  3. Ask for timeframe if they said that they will do for 24h just leave the character drawing in that style will take at least one week
  4. Ask them to tell you about the process and what programs they will use. The answer should be photoshop, procreate or at least photo paint. These can be drawn only in raster programs not in vector
  5. Ask to give sample of illustration process with the steps. Every illustrator can give that from scratch to final

I’m sorry but people who just rip people off and straight steal othe people’s art sickens me, he 100 % traced pixel for pixel this drawing, most likely on sketchbook autodesk

With just the smallest amount of change he stole this image and tried to rip off the buyer see image above

Sorry for the low quality image I just threw this together on my iPad to show that all of his ”Work” lines up exactly with the reference image

Yes you are correct he take a reference image and draw with shapes but not traced if he trace this will look better he draw a legs couldn’t handle the shadings couldn’t understand how that works also if you take a look at hands they are modified slightly also the armor is changed that means that the illustrator draw from the image but being far from painting make a lot of mistakes turning the image flat and weird

Did you share this in your evidence to CS? It’s clearly deception and theft. Sorry you went through this.

You can be sure that customer service will help you with this. Fiverr is one of the safest places to make business and you are protected just wait for the customer service’s reply don’t worry about. There is a tones of excellent artists here on fiverr you can find the correct one just keep in mind

3. Ask for timeframe if they said that they will do for 24h just leave the character drawing in that style will take at least one week
  4. Ask them to tell you about the process and what programs they will use. The answer should be photoshop, procreate or at least photo paint. These can be drawn only in raster programs not in vector
  5. Ask to give sample of illustration process with the steps. Every illustrator can give that from scratch to final

Deceptive sellers would just make up lies to all of these points, though. They aren’t going to say anything that would incriminate themselves or prevent themselves from getting jobs. Sellers like this want the job no matter what. They don’t care what fraud they have to commit to get the project.

Oh, sorry, I meant deceptive sellers, not deceptive buyers. Just corrected myself.

Oh, sorry, I meant deceptive sellers, not deceptive buyers. Just corrected myself.

Yes but there is a good trick to catch their lies. You ask to show the portfolio and choose random illustration you like and ask to show you the working files send you a screenshot of the process or at least to open the file in graphic program and show the layers 🙂 in most of cases just silence or they just starting another lie but you already understand that

Update: Thanks for all the help everyone. Seller FINALLY cancelled and I got a full refund.

Never got a response back from SC so I’m not sure if they had anything to do with it or not? (I’m guessing they did but not sure)

Update: Thanks for all the help everyone. Seller FINALLY cancelled and I got a full refund.

Never got a response back from SC so I’m not sure if they had anything to do with it or not? (I’m guessing they did but not sure)

Good luck! I hope you have a better experience with another seller!!!

Archived