Seller review after you give your review?

galerainh2o

What is the point of a seller reviewing a buyer? You have a bad experience give an honest review. (And all these sellers expect even ask for 5 star review) Then the seller gets a bad review and of course, seller isn’t gonna give you a good review.

What is the point of a seller reviewing a buyer? You have a bad experience give an honest review. (And all these sellers expect even ask for 5 star review) Then the seller gets a bad review and of course, seller isn’t gonna give you a good review.

What is the point of a seller reviewing a buyer?

Some sellers wonder that, too, because the review doesn’t show on the buyer’s profile. However, there are several good reasons for a seller to leave a review:

1. Telling their side of the story.

2. By being polite in their response, showing that they’re professionals.

3. Warning other sellers (for example, that the buyer tried to get more than they paid for, and got abusive when they refused to work for free).

Either way, that review is unlikely to affect buyers; it might help sellers get new jobs if they manage to respond like professionals.

I think the point is for the seller to be able to defend themselves. Some of us have had experiences where we have been asked for work beyond the scope of our gig and then been threatened with a bad review if we did not deliver what we do not offer at a low price. 😕

Then the seller gets a bad review, and of course, seller isn’t gonna give you a good review.

Maybe so, maybe not. However, a buyer does not lose their buying status due to poor reviews. Sellers are evaluated monthly and can drop their level based on reviews. TRS have lost their levels clear down to level 1 or even new sellers since the Fiverr monthly evaluations that started in January.

You have a bad experience give an honest review.

Yes, I agree. However, many sellers have been threatened with bad reviews as a way for buyers to get free or cheap work. So please understand that.

(And all these sellers expect even ask for a 5-star review)

It is against Fiverr ToS to ask for 5:star: reviews. They can ask to be given a review, but sellers can not ask for a specific review, not even a good review.

I think the point is for the seller to be able to defend themselves. Some of us have had experiences where we have been asked for work beyond the scope of our gig and then been threatened with a bad review if we did not deliver what we do not offer at a low price. 😕

Then the seller gets a bad review, and of course, seller isn’t gonna give you a good review.

Maybe so, maybe not. However, a buyer does not lose their buying status due to poor reviews. Sellers are evaluated monthly and can drop their level based on reviews. TRS have lost their levels clear down to level 1 or even new sellers since the Fiverr monthly evaluations that started in January.

Yes, I agree. However, many sellers have been threatened with bad reviews as a way for buyers to get free or cheap work. So please understand that.

It is against Fiverr ToS to ask for 5:star: reviews. They can ask to be given a review, but sellers can not ask for a specific review, not even a good review.

They can ask to be given a review,

And even that is not recommended, because Fiverr already reminds buyers twice to leave a review.

Some sellers wonder that, too, because the review doesn’t show on the buyer’s profile. However, there are several good reasons for a seller to leave a review:

1. Telling their side of the story.

2. By being polite in their response, showing that they’re professionals.

3. Warning other sellers (for example, that the buyer tried to get more than they paid for, and got abusive when they refused to work for free).

Either way, that review is unlikely to affect buyers; it might help sellers get new jobs if they manage to respond like professionals.

It is pretty simple in this case seller gave me a bad review only because he got a bad review. Why is it seller can reply after the buyer reviews them maybe is the question.

Some other person threatening has nothing to do with me.

It is pretty simple in this case seller gave me a bad review only because he got a bad review. Why is it seller can reply after the buyer reviews them maybe is the question.

Why is it seller can reply after the buyer reviews them maybe is the question.

Because it’s only fair to let them tell their side of the story. If you feel that their review is inappropriate, you can report them to Customer Support.

Some other person threatening has nothing to do with me.

It doesn’t, but you can’t demand that the system not take that into consideration when setting things up. If you didn’t do anything wrong, then it shouldn’t matter what the seller responds to you; after all, you’re a buyer and the review won’t affect your stats or anything.

Archived