Seller stealing my pictures

viatammyle

Yes, it’s copyright. Make sure to show Customer Service the same things you displayed here and the link to both their and your gig. I would also state they’re using a photo of a model that is not them. It’s not allowed.

Here’s how to submit a ticket: http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/200051096-How-to-make-sure-I-get-quick-resolution-

I’d be tempted to order a gig just to see what the hell they do. Then cancel it 😃 Do they expect that people are going to be fooled by their work that’s pretending to be yours? They’ll get declined deliveries for sure. I don’t see how they get to make any money out of this sort of thievery at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imagemode

I have so far detected two gigs selling illegal copies of my eBook. Both even used my website sales page, that has my copyright clearly shown.

So far I have had one taken down, and now I have to go through the red tape process again.

There are other sites where pirated copies are sold and I have had nearly a full time job lodging MCPAs. In almost every case, the vendor claims to have bought my book with rights to the copyright.

Is this just ignorance or stupidity, or is it just an excuse to try to escape having their accounts cancelled? The law is very simple: A person can’t pass on title that they do not own. That means that the only person who can sell copyright to my property is me, and I never do. The copyright claim appearing on my eBook is a legal claim and should be sufficient for any decent, honest, and moderately intelligent person to know that they are buying the book, but not the right to sell it to others.

If you steal a car and try to sell it, any mug who pays good money for it will lose the car and the money once the police do a license check. Same principle.

It looks like the copycat gig has been removed from what I can tell. I hate when people take what isn’t theirs, but if it’s any consolation, I’m guessing that if the seller can’t even offer an original product or service, they won’t see much success here on Fiverr.

Archived