Seller Support for Crazy Clients

igexperts1

I have a nightmare customer… I completed the work for my client…went above and beyond actually. He was thrilled with the work but the relationship was contentious and draining as he loved to argue, change scope and belittle in his messaging…a day or two before the end of the contract, he asked me several times to continue for another month. When I declined, he started acting outrageously…putting the gig in revision when there was no work left to do, making up “expectations” that were never discussed in the gig or our comments, truly mean and petty, and today, he put in to cancel the order which I declined.

I haven’t received the decision from FIVERR yet but I did send a message (prior to his cancellation attempt) in an effort to get support…I can’t wait to block him as soon as this is resolved one way or the other. It’s $850 (before fiverr’s cut) and I earned every penny of it.

Up until now, I’ve had zero issues with buyers and my rating is 5…any insight into what the process is or how FIVERR will land on this? I will be devastated if they allow this abusive creep to not pay.

Horrible experience for you. Unfortunately some buyers prey on sellers and hope to get free work.

You really need to read the terms of service so that you can avoid this situation in future.

Don’t get upset with them. Terms of service don’t allow gigs that last more than 30 days. Nor do they allow abuse of either you or the revision button. You can offer as many revisions as you like, or none. If you offer none, you should put that in your FAQ and as part of your buyer requirements - make them agree to additional charges for revisons.

And, finally: If you’ve delivered what was ordered, they’re not allowed to cancel.

Read the terms of service and quote them verbatim. Stand your ground. If CS cancel, then argue it out with them and you may be compensated.

Read the terms of service.

Horrible experience for you. Unfortunately some buyers prey on sellers and hope to get free work.

You really need to read the terms of service so that you can avoid this situation in future.

Don’t get upset with them. Terms of service don’t allow gigs that last more than 30 days. Nor do they allow abuse of either you or the revision button. You can offer as many revisions as you like, or none. If you offer none, you should put that in your FAQ and as part of your buyer requirements - make them agree to additional charges for revisons.

And, finally: If you’ve delivered what was ordered, they’re not allowed to cancel.

Read the terms of service and quote them verbatim. Stand your ground. If CS cancel, then argue it out with them and you may be compensated.

Read the terms of service.

Thanks so much for the support and advice! I will definitely read the terms of service and prepare myself should this happen again. I intend to stand my ground. I’m so glad everything in FIVERR is tracked…all of our conversations, the details of the order and the deliverables I sent to him more than once. Sigh… so glad this is a virtual environment, I can’t imagine having to deal with this guy in person.

I feel for you. i had a very bad experience with a buyer this month. I was accused of all sorts, including racism, transphobia and scamming.

I went way above and beyond what I should have and was treated like dirt, and she even wrote to me telling me she was going to kill herself because of “me and people like me”.

it was awful, I reported her and sent the entire chat history to fiver, and unfortunately they let her cancel the gig, and my figures suffered for it.

but onward and upward

I feel for you. i had a very bad experience with a buyer this month. I was accused of all sorts, including racism, transphobia and scamming.

I went way above and beyond what I should have and was treated like dirt, and she even wrote to me telling me she was going to kill herself because of “me and people like me”.

it was awful, I reported her and sent the entire chat history to fiver, and unfortunately they let her cancel the gig, and my figures suffered for it.

but onward and upward

OMG I’m so sorry for your experience! Truly horrible… I’m also extremely disappointed to hear that they let her cancel allowing her to get your work for free…not to mention the stress you endured…

I’m glad we have this area to share our challenges and support each other. I hope YOU are ok and wish you many more great clients!!!

Nicky

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Thanks, I will. As a matter of fact, I will copy and paste it to the customer service person who keeps telling me “we can’t force them to accept delivery” utter horseshit…

• 2 months later...

Forgot to update… I got paid for the work. I don’t think FIVERR was much help in the resolution as they kept telling me “we can’t force them to accept”…anyway, I ended up kicking it back delivered (since it was) and repeatedly reminded the fiverr person of the guidelines (which I copied and pasted twice). I think it closed normally because the client expected fiverr to hold it up … thankfully he has not refunded and I have since blocked him. The lesson, reduce over-pleasing, stop people on the front end when they try to change scope, communicate FREQUENTLY so that the conversation trail is strong and have snippets of the fiverr guidelines at the ready to copy and paste to clients who want to act the fool.

Archived