Seller trying to get refund by putting false allegation after three months

shubhamjaisw460

Three months ago i got an order to create a website for event ticket booking i completed the website and gave revisions to the client as he wanted he gave me a 4.7 rating and the job was done i gave him all the login details and even asked him to change the password for safety.

After few days he said the website is working and he got a mail from the hosting that the website has some malicious file and we had to delete that.

I checked it and solved it but again it happened i couldn’t find a permanent solution then he started saying that is it you done something i said absolutely not the site files are on the server and i no longer have access to it i even talked to hosting provider and he also said that it is hackers who got into it.

I asked him to find another developer who is good at cleaning site.

Few days back he messaged me saying everywhere that i uploaded something which causes the site hacked his hosting provider confirmed it which is a complete lie because i also talked to the hosting people they did not said that ever and he needs full refund for website development it’s been almost three months.

Today i got a notification from fiverr that your order has been canceled and the refund has been given to buyer.

Please suggest what should i do i have more than 160 positive reviews with alot of return clients i was also a level two seller which i lost due to late deliver time few days back but next month i will get it back m sure.

I am total blank here he is harassing me to get a refund of a work which is done completely and he is currently using the website.

For clarity, you created a website and the site was flagged for having malicious files, in the end you couldn’t solve the malicious files problem. The site was hacked and the buyer asked for a full refund. At this point I don’t think anyone can help you. You provided something that was broken and contained a security risk. you can’t just simply ask the buyer to look for another developer and still expect to keep the money.

For clarity, you created a website and the site was flagged for having malicious files, in the end you couldn’t solve the malicious files problem. The site was hacked and the buyer asked for a full refund. At this point I don’t think anyone can help you. You provided something that was broken and contained a security risk. you can’t just simply ask the buyer to look for another developer and still expect to keep the money.

What if the customer comes you after a month?? in my case after three months?

Just adding one more thing the hosting guys mentioned the date the malicious file where uploaded it was one month after.

What if the customer comes you after a month?? in my case after three months?

Just adding one more thing the hosting guys mentioned the date the malicious file where uploaded it was one month after.

I don’t think it would matter when the customer came back, as long as what you provided wasn’t at per with what you said you would provide. The site you provided had malicious files which might have been the gateway to the hack that took place.

I don’t think it would matter when the customer came back, as long as what you provided wasn’t at per with what you said you would provide. The site you provided had malicious files which might have been the gateway to the hack that took place.

The site you provided had malicious files

How can you be so sure that it was infected from the beginning, not after???

KNOWING THAT THE HOSTING PEOPLE MENTIONED THE DATE THE SITE GOT INFECTED

Well in this case if you make a website and it is not working after a year i can ask you for a refund because i am sure it must be you who had something into it from the beginning?

Well in this case if you make a website and it is not working after a year i can ask you for a refund because i am sure it must be you who had something into it from the beginning?

202263_2.png shubhamjaisw460:

You can’t do anything now… Its very rare to get back your money!!

Now you’ve to payback to your future earning 😄

Three months ago i got an order to create a website for event ticket booking i completed the website and gave revisions to the client as he wanted he gave me a 4.7 rating and the job was done i gave him all the login details and even asked him to change the password for safety.

After few days he said the website is working and he got a mail from the hosting that the website has some malicious file and we had to delete that.

I checked it and solved it but again it happened i couldn’t find a permanent solution then he started saying that is it you done something i said absolutely not the site files are on the server and i no longer have access to it i even talked to hosting provider and he also said that it is hackers who got into it.

I asked him to find another developer who is good at cleaning site.

Few days back he messaged me saying everywhere that i uploaded something which causes the site hacked his hosting provider confirmed it which is a complete lie because i also talked to the hosting people they did not said that ever and he needs full refund for website development it’s been almost three months.

Today i got a notification from fiverr that your order has been canceled and the refund has been given to buyer.

Please suggest what should i do i have more than 160 positive reviews with alot of return clients i was also a level two seller which i lost due to late deliver time few days back but next month i will get it back m sure.

I am total blank here he is harassing me to get a refund of a work which is done completely and he is currently using the website.

got an order to create a website for event ticket booking

This is what you wrote, it means you created a site from scratch not editing a preexisting site. So you can’t say it was infected from the beginning because there was nothing to infect to start with.

After a few days of you providing the final product. So after the files you provided were uploaded online, the buyer received a message of malicious files.

got an order to create a website for event ticket booking

This is what you wrote, it means you created a site from scratch not editing a preexisting site. So you can’t say it was infected from the beginning because there was nothing to infect to start with.

After a few days of you providing the final product. So after the files you provided were uploaded online, the buyer received a message of malicious files.

you must know that there were two websites one was already there on which I did some editing and other I created the seller received for the first website which was already there not for the second one that too after a month the after one more month the second one also stopped.

Nobody can just say that you did this or that you need to show some evidence.

I work hard to complete all my project if this is what I was doing then I could never be still here with 160+ positive ratings

you must know that there were two websites one was already there on which I did some editing and other I created the seller received for the first website which was already there not for the second one that too after a month the after one more month the second one also stopped.

Nobody can just say that you did this or that you need to show some evidence.

I work hard to complete all my project if this is what I was doing then I could never be still here with 160+ positive ratings

I am no longer in a position to provide any more input regarding this, contact Fiverr Support for more information and a solution

If you send CS proof you did the job as shown on your gig you may get your money back from customer support although it’s possible you won’t too, depending on what they decide.

Three months later if a problem develops, it seems to me it wouldn’t be your fault.

2018983979_Screenshot2019-08-20at10_17_41PM.png.1c49e3ddcf6cb36a42e12addf629d6ca.png

See he gave me a 4.7 star review and now after three months as you can see the order was cancelled without even hearing my side of the story

See he gave me a 4.7 star review and now after three months as you can see the order was cancelled without even hearing my side of the story

Send that screenshot to customer support and send a VERY BRIEF message saying that he gave you a very good review. Say that it has been months since you delivered the order and there was no problem when he got it. Let us know what customer support says.

Do not send them a long detailed explanation at all. Just one or two sentences.

Send that screenshot to customer support and send a VERY BRIEF message saying that he gave you a very good review. Say that it has been months since you delivered the order and there was no problem when he got it. Let us know what customer support says.

Do not send them a long detailed explanation at all. Just one or two sentences.

I have already raised a ticket asking why this happened and what was the case in brief let’s see what they reply I will update here.

But I strongly think Fiverr should heard my side also before cancelling the order. 😦 I even gave revisions to client until he was satisfy

I have already raised a ticket asking why this happened and what was the case in brief let’s see what they reply I will update here.

But I strongly think Fiverr should heard my side also before cancelling the order. 😦 I even gave revisions to client until he was satisfy

Send them that screenshot!

@techengine742
This is the reply I got from Fiverr

Hello,

I’m Hugo and I’ll be assisting you today. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. I reviewed the order, and I see that there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor, and are not in our hands.

Please note that whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

Keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and we have no access to the funds. Be aware that we want every Gig order to be successful. If a buyer abused his payment privileges, it is something literally beyond our control, but our Trust & Safety Team is already reviewing this buyer’s actions.

Buyers who do file disputes on their payments made to Fiverr, whether intentional or purposely held by payment vendor for security screening, must resolve those disputes in order to participate again in the Fiverr community, as they are in clear violation of our [Terms of Service]

In this way every buyer can get their work done and then file a dispute with their bank and get their money back because Fiverr will take it from the seller and give it to them instantly.

What about my hard work time and money??? they said it’s beyond their control 😦

@techengine742

This is the reply I got from Fiverr

Hello,

I’m Hugo and I’ll be assisting you today. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. I reviewed the order, and I see that there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor, and are not in our hands.

Please note that whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

Keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and we have no access to the funds. Be aware that we want every Gig order to be successful. If a buyer abused his payment privileges, it is something literally beyond our control, but our Trust & Safety Team is already reviewing this buyer’s actions.

Buyers who do file disputes on their payments made to Fiverr, whether intentional or purposely held by payment vendor for security screening, must resolve those disputes in order to participate again in the Fiverr community, as they are in clear violation of our [Terms of Service]

In this way every buyer can get their work done and then file a dispute with their bank and get their money back because Fiverr will take it from the seller and give it to them instantly.

What about my hard work time and money??? they said it’s beyond their control 😦

@shubhamjaisw460

yeah it seems that @brenna_n is correct nothing can be done now. But it can be taken as a lesson. What happened to you is unfair. I have an idea though it won’t apply to all gigs, it would only apply to gigs related to programming.

Suppose your gig like mine was related to programming(I sell bots) then I would have made the bot in such a way that if a buyers tries to act smart by taking the bot and after say 1 month or 5 months claim a refund(falsely accusing me that my work was not upto mark), I would have said okay no problem, In a snap I would have deactivated the bot from here and the buyer won’t be able to use the bot for free.

This is what I would have done if this incident had happened to me. Though not possible all the time, but sellers should have some upper hand in these type of cases.

@shubhamjaisw460

yeah it seems that @brenna_n is correct nothing can be done now. But it can be taken as a lesson. What happened to you is unfair. I have an idea though it won’t apply to all gigs, it would only apply to gigs related to programming.

Suppose your gig like mine was related to programming(I sell bots) then I would have made the bot in such a way that if a buyers tries to act smart by taking the bot and after say 1 month or 5 months claim a refund(falsely accusing me that my work was not upto mark), I would have said okay no problem, In a snap I would have deactivated the bot from here and the buyer won’t be able to use the bot for free.

This is what I would have done if this incident had happened to me. Though not possible all the time, but sellers should have some upper hand in these type of cases.

you are right altleast seller should get a chance to explain before a decision is made 😶

I’m sorry this happened to you OP. I assume that the hacking was the reason. While you are not to blame, fiverr has to give a refund in this case. It looks like you got caught in the middle but this is not the usual thing that happens.

Right I got stuck in between and loss is mine 100% what’s even worse is he is still using that website in free now.

Archived