Seller Won't Cancel Order

Before selecting a graphic designer for my logo I sent the person pictures of exactly what I wanted. He said that he could do it, so I booked him. After taking about an hour he sent me four logos that weren’t remotely close to what I asked for. I have asked for my order to be cancelled numerous times and still he won’t even acknowledge the request. He sent another round of logos and once again it is nothing like I asked for.
What to do?

If he delivers the logo what you didn’t ask for, you can always use modification from the resolution center. If he doesn’t accept, you can offer mutual cancellation, If that not works either, Contact CS, explain everything, they will cancel the order.
See, there are lots of “if”/ things you can do. However, make sure, that you have a valid point to ask any of it. 🙂

Before selecting a graphic designer for my logo I sent the person pictures of exactly what I wanted. He said that he could do it, so I booked him. After taking about an hour he sent me four logos that weren’t remotely close to what I asked for. I have asked for my order to be cancelled numerous times and still he won’t even acknowledge the request. He sent another round of logos and once again it is nothing like I asked for.

What to do?

Submit a request here https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and ask fiverr to cancel it on yuor behalf

I am not sure if a cancellation is the way to go since he has done the work already.

Here are a few options:

1. Remind him of the instructions and the type of logo you wanted and ask him again to deliver what he promised

2. The seller has spent the time working on your project and deserves to be paid. You can accept the delivery and leave
    an honest review.

3. Click on resolution center in the upper right corner (on the order page) and ask him to cancel the order if he is unable
    to deliver what he said he could

4. Contact customer support for assistance

The seller used files from freepix to create the logos hence the reason he finished so fast. He should get paid for doing the work I asked him to do not whatever he wanted to do.

I agree. If you ask for eggs and they give you toast, it’s not what you ordered.

contact Customer Service and explain. Screenshots of what you asked for and what was delivered will help.

• 3 years later...

Funny thing. Exactly the same thing has happed to me. I paid for the logo to be drawn, provided him my drawing, and he just generates logos from Canva and other free sites. This is disgusting. He claims to be a graphic designer with years of experience and he does this BS and gets back to me once in like 30 hours!

Funny thing. Exactly the same thing has happed to me. I paid for the logo to be drawn, provided him my drawing, and he just generates logos from Canva and other free sites. This is disgusting. He claims to be a graphic designer with years of experience and he does this BS and gets back to me once in like 30 hours!

This is a 4yo post

In almost every case where someone admits the budget they chose for their seller, they have chosen to spend way below real market value for the service.

e.g. if a Logo done well is $5,000 they have decided to choose a seller who is $15.

Logic alone says that if a cheap but passable logo sells for $5,000 how can anyone realistically expect that $15 will deliver anything remotely similar?

This is buyer beware. A Ferrari costs almost as much as a house because it is not the same as a Hyundai. They may seem similar to the untrained, but they are very different products as indicated by price. Therefore buying a Hyundai and expecting Ferrari outcomes is unwise at best.

The seller who says that a Hyundai will go as fast (and score as many hot models for the owner) as a Ferrari is dishonorable and should be sacked. However the buyer who chooses to believe him is at fault too seeing the claim is clearly dubious if not outright false.

While I am sorry to hear of your frustration it would seem to me that if you, like most others in this predicament, spent less than at least $500 on a logo design process in which the designer asks questions about your business, who your customers are, why they buy from you… then you have let yourself down.

I will also bet that the seller’s portfolio only shows bot-made logos. That becomes the equivalent of buying a Hyundai then being upset that what is in your driveway is not a Ferrari seeing the product you saw, touched, tasted was a Hyundai.

🙂

Archived