Sellers Advertising More Than They Offer

davidd999

This is regarding sellers (in the album/single covers dept.) who advertise more items than they actually do deliver. It is something I’ve noticed a couple of times, so I thought I’d tell you about it.

Certain sellers will, for instance, advertise the following items for the “Basic package”:

• 1 Design Concept
  • Back & Spine
  • Social Media Kit
  • 3D Mockup

But only deliver the main, front cover. Others will even advertise the source file but not deliver it or change the listing after the order was placed. Some sellers will even fail to deliver items listed in the “Standard” or “Premium” packages.

I get that the main front cover is what matters the most and that oftentimes, its value may surpass the price asked. I totally get that, and I am always grateful for the work done. I don’t wanna sound ungrateful or whiny at all!

It’s just that, out of professionalism and transparency, the seller should deliver all of the advertised items without the client needing to remind them of that. If some items are listed by mistake, it should then be rectified as soon as noticed.

In some cases, it may be an honest mistake, but they should rectify it. In other cases, they may list more items in order to lure customers, but it is dishonest if they do not intend to deliver it all.

This is regarding sellers (in the album/single covers dept.) who advertise more items than they actually do deliver. It is something I’ve noticed a couple of times, so I thought I’d tell you about it.

Certain sellers will, for instance, advertise the following items for the “Basic package”:

• 1 Design Concept
  • Back & Spine
  • Social Media Kit
  • 3D Mockup

But only deliver the main, front cover. Others will even advertise the source file but not deliver it or change the listing after the order was placed. Some sellers will even fail to deliver items listed in the “Standard” or “Premium” packages.

I get that the main front cover is what matters the most and that oftentimes, its value may surpass the price asked. I totally get that, and I am always grateful for the work done. I don’t wanna sound ungrateful or whiny at all!

It’s just that, out of professionalism and transparency, the seller should deliver all of the advertised items without the client needing to remind them of that. If some items are listed by mistake, it should then be rectified as soon as noticed.

In some cases, it may be an honest mistake, but they should rectify it. In other cases, they may list more items in order to lure customers, but it is dishonest if they do not intend to deliver it all.

But only deliver the main, front cover. Others will even advertise the source file but not deliver it or change the listing after the order was placed.

This is against fiverr TOS to deliver “partial” work. They have to deliver everything was advertised and you have a right not to accept a delivery until they deliver everything what’s promised in their gig. On top of that if you report that behaviour those sellers will receive a warning for the incomplete delivery.

Even if they change their gig after you placed an order the original description and items will still be displayed in your order page.

Do not let it pass and ask for what you paid for.

Archived