Sellers are totally unprotected

th3osy

If the buyer does not like something, then the seller has no mechanisms to protect their work.

Only two options:

1. Either the seller will receive payment, and then negative feedback.
  2. Either the seller will not receive payment.

For a long time working as a freelancer, I ran into an orgus number of customers who do not know what they want, cannot clearly articulate their requirements, and are constantly dissatisfied with everything wihtout any reasons (without any constructive criticism).

• Like 29

If the buyer does not like something, then the seller has no mechanisms to protect their work.

Only two options:

For a long time working as a freelancer, I ran into an orgus number of customers who do not know what they want, cannot clearly articulate their requirements, and are constantly dissatisfied with everything wihtout any reasons (without any constructive criticism).

Either the seller will not receive payment.

It is more possible :roll_eyes:

• Like 8

Seriously I think that depending on the case, sometimes one should receive a percentage of the payment if the client asked for the cancellation especially if one did everything that was asked but that is very utopian.
I would ask fiverr not to lower the rates. Not long ago I happened that a client in her words told me that she regretted making that gift and asked me to cancel the order. There was no problem with my work, she simply was not going to make that gift. After 4 months of having my OC below 95% it reaches 100% and for a single order it is canceled low to 97% and there are many more orders that have to be completed in order to go up at least one point. I think it’s too much punishment and what we lose if we have at least one below 90% and it generates unnecessary stress.
I really don’t have problems canceling sometimes, it’s even better for me. I consider money sometimes not worth as much as my tranquility or a job that does not please the client, and it’s my job. but being careful to have everything over 90% sometimes becomes stressful and extra work.

• Like 13

Seriously I think that depending on the case, sometimes one should receive a percentage of the payment if the client asked for the cancellation especially if one did everything that was asked but that is very utopian.

I would ask fiverr not to lower the rates. Not long ago I happened that a client in her words told me that she regretted making that gift and asked me to cancel the order. There was no problem with my work, she simply was not going to make that gift. After 4 months of having my OC below 95% it reaches 100% and for a single order it is canceled low to 97% and there are many more orders that have to be completed in order to go up at least one point. I think it’s too much punishment and what we lose if we have at least one below 90% and it generates unnecessary stress.

I really don’t have problems canceling sometimes, it’s even better for me. I consider money sometimes not worth as much as my tranquility or a job that does not please the client, and it’s my job. but being careful to have everything over 90% sometimes becomes stressful and extra work.

think it’s too much punishment and what we lose if we have at least one below 90% and it generates unnecessary stress.

Fiverr has metrics that need to be achieved in order to push sellers to be excellent sellers.

If a buyer asks you to cancel a completed order, just say “no”. You did the work, you deserve to get paid for it. The more you agree to cancel, the more your cancellation rightfully goes down. If you don’t want the cancellation rating to go down, don’t agree to cancel completed orders.

• Like 16

think it’s too much punishment and what we lose if we have at least one below 90% and it generates unnecessary stress.

Fiverr has metrics that need to be achieved in order to push sellers to be excellent sellers.

If a buyer asks you to cancel a completed order, just say “no”. You did the work, you deserve to get paid for it. The more you agree to cancel, the more your cancellation rightfully goes down. If you don’t want the cancellation rating to go down, don’t agree to cancel completed orders.

In this situation, he will leave a negative review which also spoil the seller profile. How can seller avoid this. And also refuse to cancel the order.

• Like 8

In this situation, he will leave a negative review which also spoil the seller profile. How can seller avoid this. And also refuse to cancel the order.

You can not. Wear the buyers shoes, they didn’t get what they wanted and even it’s unfair to the seller that’s how they feel and if they can’t get a refund they also should be entitled to at least leave a review that they feel is fair. And you can always comment of their review with your side of the story.

I find it totally fair.

• Like 11

You can not. Wear the buyers shoes, they didn’t get what they wanted and even it’s unfair to the seller that’s how they feel and if they can’t get a refund they also should be entitled to at least leave a review that they feel is fair. And you can always comment of their review with your side of the story.

I find it totally fair.

The same thing, I said…If a buyer ask you to cancel order. you have to. You cannot refuse. Otherwise, you’ll be rewarded with a negative review.

• Like 7

The same thing, I said…If a buyer ask you to cancel order. you have to. You cannot refuse. Otherwise, you’ll be rewarded with a negative review.

No that’s not the same thing I said. I never cancel orders when buyer is asking me to after I completed the order. They can leave whatever review they feel is fair but I’m not going to cancel the order that I spent my time working on. Coma.

• Like 8

If a buyer ask you to cancel order. you have to. You cannot refuse.

No, most definitely not. 100% untrue in every possible way. You do not have to cancel an order if a buyer asks you to – and certainly not after the order has been completed. This is why Fiverr allows the seller to accept or deny a cancellation request. If the seller didn’t have a choice, Fiverr wouldn’t allow them to choose.

Otherwise, you’ll be rewarded with a negative review.

So you’ll get a negative review. It happens. Learn to accept it and move on.

• Like 16

If a buyer ask you to cancel order. you have to. You cannot refuse.

No, most definitely not. 100% untrue in every possible way. You do not have to cancel an order if a buyer asks you to – and certainly not after the order has been completed. This is why Fiverr allows the seller to accept or deny a cancellation request. If the seller didn’t have a choice, Fiverr wouldn’t allow them to choose.

Otherwise, you’ll be rewarded with a negative review.

So you’ll get a negative review. It happens. Learn to accept it and move on.

I agree with jonbaas. Just accept a negative review. It’s not the end.

Or if you cannot do that cancel the order. Either way it’s what you have to do to work on fiverr. It shouldn’t happen too often.

• Like 12

Only two options:

• Either the seller will receive payment, and then negative feedback.
  • Either the seller will not receive payment.

there’s actually a 3rd option as well… a bad review then a chargeback :)) … so you get the negative review and no money ha ha

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

there’s actually a 3rd option as well… a bad review then a chargeback :)) … so you get the negative review and no money ha ha

cre8iveartwork This is the worst option I think and I had faced this as well once or twice

• Like 7

Only two options:

Explain how that is different to almost any business anywhere?

Any business can have a client who is unhappy. They might be unreasonable and demand a refund or leave a review about the company on one or more of the many thousands of review websites online.

These businesses can choose to refund and hope the client is happy then or they can take a negative review. Same as on Fiverr. It’s up to you to learn how to deal with customers, that’s freelancing.

• Like 13

I disagree that the seller is unprotected. The secret is to send a short message with screenshots to customer support in a very professional way if you have done everything right and nothing wrong.

Be very professional, very brief, very unemotional and explain with screenshots what is going on if there is a problem and they might help you and you will not get penalized in any way.

While this may not always be correct, it does happen that customer support will help you.

• Like 10

It depends on what you’re selling.

If you fix wordpress errors, then the errors are either fixed or unfixed, so unless the buyer is a crook, you will get paid and get a good review.

If you write songs, design logos, illustrate children’s books, then it’s a question of having portfolio samples and attracting the people that like your samples. Even then, there’s a danger they won’t like your work. Those gigs are risky.

• Like 12

It depends on what you’re selling.

If you fix wordpress errors, then the errors are either fixed or unfixed, so unless the buyer is a crook, you will get paid and get a good review.

If you write songs, design logos, illustrate children’s books, then it’s a question of having portfolio samples and attracting the people that like your samples. Even then, there’s a danger they won’t like your work. Those gigs are risky.

It becomes 100 times riskier for sellers who give unlimited revisions.

It all comes down to how well you do your job and how well you communicate, and how often you are targeted by buyers who cause problems, which is affected by your prices. Be smart about your business.

• Like 14

No way! If I already did the work, especially for a nightmare client, I won’t cancel the order. My gig says one revision but I do more than one if it makes sense and will make the buyer happy. Once I suspect I’m work-shopping a script or that they are never going to be satisfied I play the “one revision” card. I don’t use it often, but it’s essential to have in my hand. It’s basically an insurance policy that protects against assholery. I’ve never responded to a review but I think you can. So if it’s bad, you could explain and even offer to show prospective buyers the rejected work so they can decide for themselves. Maybe they will be like “if that’s his ‘rejected’ work imagine how good the good stuff must be!” Lol

• Like 10

No way! If I already did the work, especially for a nightmare client, I won’t cancel the order. My gig says one revision but I do more than one if it makes sense and will make the buyer happy. Once I suspect I’m work-shopping a script or that they are never going to be satisfied I play the “one revision” card. I don’t use it often, but it’s essential to have in my hand. It’s basically an insurance policy that protects against assholery. I’ve never responded to a review but I think you can. So if it’s bad, you could explain and even offer to show prospective buyers the rejected work so they can decide for themselves. Maybe they will be like “if that’s his ‘rejected’ work imagine how good the good stuff must be!” Lol

So if it’s bad, you could explain and even offer to show prospective buyers the rejected work so they can decide for themselves. Maybe they will be like “if that’s his ‘rejected’ work imagine how good the good stuff must be!” Lol

That made me laugh, thank you. I wouldn’t recommend doing it, though. Privacy …

• Like 12

If I already did the work, especially for a nightmare client, I won’t cancel the order.

Suppose your 60-day rating is 4.7, and you deliver that order, he gives you 1 star, even 3 stars will make your rating drop to 4.6. Then you get demoted and your orders fall by 50%, maybe more. How will you feel then?

The old Fiverr was better. My order completion rate was 87% and I was making $1,500 to $2,000 a month. Then came the level system, and I lost everything.

• Like 7