Sellers badger clients for excellent ratings

marcvella

Having used Fiverr many times and I found that even though feedback throughout to adequate completion, I am constantly confronted by seller’s to give a very good review. If I post anything other than a good review, it is met with disapproval and badgering from the seller to coerce you in giving an excellent rating. Why? This is because any other review will affect their rating, reputation and earning potential.
Whilst I explain my reasons clearly without malice and try understand their side of the story (because I know I am not always right) and reach some common ground, the seller doesn’t care what I say and just wants an excellent rating.
Like I said, I listen to their side will be the first to admit to my own failings such as not communicating as well as I should or assuming the seller is an expert. Still,I’m left disappointed by the lack or accountability from the seller and the focus to just get an excellent rating .
The disputes team is are not their to mediate but simply to record the details and refund money. The easiest resolution is to just give them a 5 star review and some BS review and just to walk away.
To avoid these situations, I try provide examples of work, templates and more detail at the start to ensure all is explained. Don’t get me wrong; I am happy to give someone a well deserved honest review but I don’t want to hounded by the seller just to post an excellent review.
There has to be a better system for the seller and buyer. Maybe not have a mandatory review on completion but more like a survey that isn’t posted for everyone to see but still leaving the “option” to post a review on their profile if you wish.
As anyone else found this or is it just me?

Please report all sellers who do this to you. It’s actually agaisnt the ToS and Fiverr is very strict about it. They will be penalized.

Sellers need to stop thinking it’s ok to harass buyers into giving them a good review. It’s so unethical and unprofessional.

Thanks for your feedback and support. I’ll keep this in mind should I experience another situation like this.

Having used Fiverr many times and I found that even though feedback throughout to adequate completion, I am constantly confronted by seller’s to give a very good review. If I post anything other than a good review, it is met with disapproval and badgering from the seller to coerce you in giving an excellent rating. Why? This is because any other review will affect their rating, reputation and earning potential.

Whilst I explain my reasons clearly without malice and try understand their side of the story (because I know I am not always right) and reach some common ground, the seller doesn’t care what I say and just wants an excellent rating.

Like I said, I listen to their side will be the first to admit to my own failings such as not communicating as well as I should or assuming the seller is an expert. Still,I’m left disappointed by the lack or accountability from the seller and the focus to just get an excellent rating .

The disputes team is are not their to mediate but simply to record the details and refund money. The easiest resolution is to just give them a 5 star review and some BS review and just to walk away.

To avoid these situations, I try provide examples of work, templates and more detail at the start to ensure all is explained. Don’t get me wrong; I am happy to give someone a well deserved honest review but I don’t want to hounded by the seller just to post an excellent review.

There has to be a better system for the seller and buyer. Maybe not have a mandatory review on completion but more like a survey that isn’t posted for everyone to see but still leaving the “option” to post a review on their profile if you wish.

Maybe not have a mandatory review on completion but more like a survey that isn’t posted for everyone to see but still leaving the “option” to post a review on their profile if you wish.

Hi @marcvella,

It’s your prerogative as a buyer whether to review your sellers or not, so it’s ok if you choose not to review them.

Regarding the survey, and as @coerdelion just said, there’s a private review (for Fiverr’s eyes only) that every buyer is asked to leave. I believe it’s not mandatory.

Sellers can do nothing after you post your honest review so go for it !

And if they ask you to give excellent or any particular reviews, grab a screenshot and reach to CS with that !

Hi surajrenuka, That is maybe true that “Sellers can do nothing after you post the reviews” but even after it is posted, I have still been contacted after the job was closed off. The seller questioned my reasons which was clearly explained and still insisted I retract / remove my earlier review and give him an excellent review because he was losing jobs & money.

Hi surajrenuka, That is maybe true that “Sellers can do nothing after you post the reviews” but even after it is posted, I have still been contacted after the job was closed off. The seller questioned my reasons which was clearly explained and still insisted I retract / remove my earlier review and give him an excellent review because he was losing jobs & money.

That is maybe true that “Sellers can do nothing after you post the reviews” but even after it is posted, I have still been contacted after the job was closed off. The seller questioned my reasons which was clearly explained and still insisted I retract / remove my earlier review and give him an excellent review because he was losing jobs & money.

Please immediately report these situations, and the sellers, whenever they happen.

There is also an opportunity to give a “secret” review that is not published. I bought a couple of gigs recently - fiverr sent me several messages to complete the secret review!

Hi coerdelion, True, however the secret review is limited with only 3 general questions which is not that helpful.

I have still been contacted after the job was closed off. The seller questioned my reasons which was clearly explained and still insisted I retract / remove my earlier review and give him an excellent review because he was losing jobs & money.

That shows ignorance of your seller and that they didn’t even read the rules of the platform they work on. Whenever that happens just how others advicesd, you can just report it to CS. (Or you can even press a report button next to the message they sent)

Fiverr is international platform and unfortunately that kind of behaviour is totally in normal in some countries and some sellers just ignore the rules and international etiquette

Maybe not have a mandatory review

You can mark an order as complete without leaving a review. Or you can just leave it and it will be automatically completed after 3 days.

even after it is posted, I have still been contacted after the job was closed off. The seller questioned my reasons which was clearly explained and still insisted I retract / remove my earlier review and give him an excellent review because he was losing jobs & money.

It’s not allowed to talk to a buyer about a review, plus the review can’t be changed, so bothering you with it is pointless. Just report them and block them.

By the way, I’ve checked your account, and it looks like you gave everyone you worked with 5 stars, except for one seller, who got 4 stars and a tip. Do you have more than one account, or was that 4 star seller messaging you?

Archived