Sellers be aware of your presence

jjpanday

I am a newbie to Fiverr. I have had 3 unhappy experiences with Fiverr and 1 happy one. I am a retired business consultant of 30 years. Each time, before I placed/paid for an order I sent the potential designer a complete layout of what I wanted. I asked them if they could do the gig for $5.

Each time I was asssured they could. I paid and I got ‘crap’ back, from one. I then asked for a revision based upon my original info. Instead, I get a reuest to cancel. The second time I was told yes they could do it… Then I get a notice they can’t do it becasue it requires more time thus more money. I explained that if they keep their word and it meets or exceeds my expectations I will be very happy to give them more money. I also told them I would be happy to give them ‘free’ advice on their business to make it grow. I’m told 'Wow, thanks. I’ll have the order done in 3 days. 1 day later I get a notice to cancel - they want me to re request the order and pay more. The 3rd did an excellent job with my logos. I asked for a quote on a cover - giving all the particulars. I was given a price which I thought was too high. They said to send them what I was willing to pay. I did and they never bothered to answer back one way or the other.

I spent my life trusting others to be people of their word as I am. There were times when I found I had overstated what I could do for my client, and it would cost me more than what I was charging. To keep my client happy, and avoid any negativity I kept my word, and delivered at a cost to me. This type of service built my reputation as being honest and fair.

I delivered at the same quality as I did if I had been paid the full price. I am very disappointed in those I have had contact with here at Fiverr - I do hope that does not apply to all of you. The one thing I see Fiverr does not do is to allow a client to rate their experience ‘even’ if the sale is not consumated. Bad move Fiverr - you’re allowing the fly-by nights to bring your reputaion down.

I will it give one more trial and if not then I will move on and encourage others to not deal with Fiverr.

JJ

The 3rd did an excellent job with my logos. I asked for a quote on a cover – giving all the particulars. I was given a price which I thought was too high.

When you are only paying $5 for a design you shouldn’t expect much. The seller only gets $4. If one out of 3 did an excellent logo for only $5 I’d say you did very well.

I also told them I would be happy to give them ‘free’ advice on their business to make it grow

Yes, I think I’ve spotted your main problem, combined with the fact that you’re only spending $5 on design work. You know the old adage “you get what you pay for”, I’m sure. It works both ways. $15 outlay for an excellent logo isn’t bad–yet you’re still complaining?

Yes, I agree the $15 was a very good buy with quqlity work - However if you had read what I wrote - “The 3rd did an excellent job with my logos. I asked for a quote on a cover – giving all the particulars. I was given a price which I thought was too high. They said to send them what I was willing to pay. I did and they never bothered to answer back one way or the other.” My complaint wasn’t about the LOGOS it was that I made a counter-offer and received NO reply back.

I wrote: 'The 3rd did an excellent job with my logos. I asked for a quote on a cover – giving all the particulars. I was given a price which I thought was too high. They said to send them what I was willing to pay. I did and they never bothered to answer back one way or the other."

My complaint wasn’t about the $5 it was that I MADE AN OFFER BACK (for the book cover) AND DID NOT GET THE COURTESY OF A RELY.

I wrote: ‘The 3rd did an excellent job with my logos. I asked for a quote on a cover – giving all the particulars. I was given a price which I thought was too high. They said to send them what I was willing to pay. I did and they never bothered to answer back one way or the other.”

My complaint wasn’t about the $5 it was that I MADE AN OFFER BACK (for the book cover) AND DID NOT GET THE COURTESY OF A RELY.

Yes, maybe because your offer was too low for them and they didn’t feel like continuing the conversation? I mean, that’s one potential reason.

I think we missed that this was the main complaint as it was buried in mountains of other stuff, tbh.

I try to trat equally each buyer, whatever the price is. If i find it too low i simply explain it and try to light the point to my customer.

But what i cant explain is how it is possible to make a logo in a bunch of hours.
I have respect for each seller and i respect their work, but personally i did stop to propose myself for logo, because i’ve learned that a logo doesnt come fast. You need to know the customer, the brand, the mood, the audience and more you should at least study for some proposal before just approach few good design solutions that would fit to everyone.

I’m sorry Sir if you could not find the desired product in our marketplace. I would suggest to avoid any rush and take the time to study an appropriate design and “Visual Communication” before go to the final design. My suggestion is to start with sketches, if the seller can do it by hand, this would be welcome as much as a final design.
I want to remind that for my point of view, a logo, first off must communicate… Then, if it is nice and good to stay in your mind after you saw it, it is even better.

Sorry for my post, but even if im no more inside the logo business i wanted to share my opinion.
Have a great day and enjoy our community =)
Ren

Archived