Fiverr Forum

Sellers copying other sellers' gig descriptions

Hello everyone! Lately, I have discovered that several sellers have copied my gig description word by word, including my credentials (educational background, etc.).

Yesterday, I have edited my description. They will probably copy that too.

How would you proceed if you were in my place? I don’t think it’s fair that you’re working hard to create a compelling description and someone steals your work!

You can’t ‘name and shame’ others on the forum. Please remove the reference to another seller.

You have two options -

Either change your description (looks like yo have) and maybe mention that you are the original - beware of imitators!

Or -

Report to customer services. I’m not sure what they would do about it, but it might get you a resolution.

I have deleted the name, but I think there should be a way to report these people! I have contacted customer service. I have also uploaded a screenshot of my diploma to prove my credentials.

Why cant people just write what they are providing or get someone else to do it, its really not that hard. not very trustworthy sellers in my opinion.

@andra33 You report to customer services with the proof or you flag that person stolen your article . I hope customer services must be action.

Have a nice day.

You can report those people to Fiverr CS because it is a violation of the TOS. I do a sweep like once or twice a week because my description for my tshirt gig gets stolen on the daily. Sometimes I contact the person and give them a chance to remove it. CS does a pretty good job of removing the gigs (I have MANY tickets with them lol).

It’s so simple,
just report to Fiverr Customer Support, after verification, they will remove the gig.

How do you do the sweep? Thanks.

You can enter the title or gig description into a page on google that finds identical text. Search on google for something like “text copy” to find a free site that will check it for you.

Like the free plagiarism website Copyscape?