Sellers copying other sellers' gig descriptions

andra33

Hello everyone! Lately, I have discovered that several sellers have copied my gig description word by word, including my credentials (educational background, etc.).

Yesterday, I have edited my description. They will probably copy that too.

How would you proceed if you were in my place? I don’t think it’s fair that you’re working hard to create a compelling description and someone steals your work!

You can’t ‘name and shame’ others on the forum. Please remove the reference to another seller.

You have two options -

Either change your description (looks like yo have) and maybe mention that you are the original - beware of imitators!

Or -

Report to customer services. I’m not sure what they would do about it, but it might get you a resolution.

You can report those people to Fiverr CS because it is a violation of the TOS. I do a sweep like once or twice a week because my description for my tshirt gig gets stolen on the daily. Sometimes I contact the person and give them a chance to remove it. CS does a pretty good job of removing the gigs (I have MANY tickets with them lol).

• 8 months later...
Guest shwriting

You can report those people to Fiverr CS because it is a violation of the TOS. I do a sweep like once or twice a week because my description for my tshirt gig gets stolen on the daily. Sometimes I contact the person and give them a chance to remove it. CS does a pretty good job of removing the gigs (I have MANY tickets with them lol).

How do you do the sweep? Thanks.

Guest shwriting

How do you do the sweep? Thanks.

You can enter the title or gig description into a page on google that finds identical text. Search on google for something like “text copy” to find a free site that will check it for you.

Like the free plagiarism website Copyscape?

Archived