Sellers, do you brag about your tips?

gina_riley2

In my never ending endeavor to find another seller to ❤️ for future purchases, I found something interesting about myself.

A particular seller, gender unknown, wrote “Thank you for the tip,” or “Thank you for the great tip,” on their reviews of the buyer. As I was scrolling thru their review, seeing that phrase over and over again, I whispered something to myself that made a bell go off.

“Geeze, this guy (don’t know why I said guy) must be really good. He’s got a ton of tips.”

I practically heard the ding, ding, ding of a bell going off in my head. I recall having a short conversation with Mila about if a seller should or should not thank the buyer on the review. I told her, I personally did not care. Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate some sort of an acknowledgement, just don’t care how.

Perhaps there is something to posting it in the review. I can’t speak for every buyer, but it seems my subconscious mind saw the fact this seller was getting a lot of tips as a sign of being a great seller.

I dunno, I could also be off my rockers. Are you a buyer, who have thought the same thing? Are you a seller who already knew this?

That’s a good question… I’ve never thought about that. As a seller I have never publicly thanked my clients in the review when they leave a tip, I often thank them in a private message…

I guess I don’t know what I should answer. Haha

Edit: I don’t understand why I always apologize. So I took out the “I’m sorry” lol

This is a double edged sword.

In this day and age, giving a tip has almost become a fashionable thing to do.

People think if that person didn’t tip, he/she is a cheap a$$.
(I am talking in context of restaurants etc.)

And I am sure everyone is aware of it.

Now here on Fiverr, if Fiverr wanted to you to advertise a person giving a tip they would have said so, instead they do this:

image.thumb.png.24d27cc780034f283377908386b6c521.png

So obviously, it is an indication that this extra action on post-delivery is a personal choice as tips are never guaranteed.

Now here’s another take on it, if I continue to flaunt that my buyers are leaving me a tip, what might happen is, the next buyer may not even leave a feedback review. Because are you not indirectly coercing your buyer to force them to leave a tip by flaunting all your reviews with buyers who has?

Am I right or am I left?
↔️

This is a double edged sword.

In this day and age, giving a tip has almost become a fashionable thing to do.

People think if that person didn’t tip, he/she is a cheap a$$.

(I am talking in context of restaurants etc.)

And I am sure everyone is aware of it.

Now here on Fiverr, if Fiverr wanted to you to advertise a person giving a tip they would have said so, instead they do this:

So obviously, it is an indication that this extra action on post-delivery is a personal choice as tips are never guaranteed.

Now here’s another take on it, if I continue to flaunt that my buyers are leaving me a tip, what might happen is, the next buyer may not even leave a feedback review. Because are you not indirectly coercing your buyer to force them to leave a tip by flaunting all your reviews with buyers who has?

Am I right or am I left?

↔️

Tipping is also a cultural thing. I’ve been to countries where there is no such thing as a tip in a restaurant or anywhere else. In the U.S., however, there are tip jars next to the cash register and everyone, everywhere wants tips for everything.

I was curious as to which side of the coin sellers are on that.

So, I can see where you stand. 😀

Tipping is also a cultural thing. I’ve been to countries where there is no such thing as a tip in a restaurant or anywhere else. In the U.S., however, there are tip jars next to the cash register and everyone, everywhere wants tips for everything.

I was curious as to which side of the coin sellers are on that.

So, I can see where you stand. 😀

Tipping is also a cultural thing.

It totally is, and being a world citizen, I can attest to that.

But also working for tips as a college student, has made me utterly respect those professions that rely on it.

So I would naturally tip anywhere I am in this planet now, because WHO doesn’t appreciate 💵??

I feel weird doing it but sometimes it seems the thing to do. I can’t really explain it; it depends on the buyer. So sometimes I add it and sometimes I don’t. I’ve got at least 4 times as many tips as I thank for on my reviews so maybe I’m just confusing the hell out of everyone.

I would never ask for a tip nor tell the world about a tip I have received. It just doesn’t feel right at all. It feels like it should be kept as part of the private deal and conversation I have with my buyers. I always thank them with a direct message though.

In my never ending endeavor to find another seller to ❤️ for future purchases, I found something interesting about myself.

A particular seller, gender unknown, wrote “Thank you for the tip,” or “Thank you for the great tip,” on their reviews of the buyer. As I was scrolling thru their review, seeing that phrase over and over again, I whispered something to myself that made a bell go off.

“Geeze, this guy (don’t know why I said guy) must be really good. He’s got a ton of tips.”

I practically heard the ding, ding, ding of a bell going off in my head. I recall having a short conversation with Mila about if a seller should or should not thank the buyer on the review. I told her, I personally did not care. Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate some sort of an acknowledgement, just don’t care how.

Perhaps there is something to posting it in the review. I can’t speak for every buyer, but it seems my subconscious mind saw the fact this seller was getting a lot of tips as a sign of being a great seller.

I dunno, I could also be off my rockers. Are you a buyer, who have thought the same thing? Are you a seller who already knew this?

I’m one of those who publicly thanks everyone who leaves a tip. And yes, I notice the next couple days, others do it too…

Since nobody knows what they originally paid and I don’t say, “Thanks for the $50 tip”, the amounts are still private.

The more I thank them, the more other buyers tip also. YMMV.

PS: I also think it DOES cause others to recognize the value of what I’m delivering is far beyond the Fiverr price point. Others may not leave a review, but so far my ratings are at 70% across a couple thousand VO gigs.

Is it about me? I generally acknowledge those who tip me, because it is unexpected and I never ask for a tip. This is to show that I am grateful. I think I thanked you for your tip as well. I have no agenda, just an expression of thanks.

Actually, it was a level 2 seller that I never worked with before - gender unknown. One of those username and profile pic where you can’t tell.

Edit: I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. I was just sharing something that happened.

Actually, it was a level 2 seller that I never worked with before - gender unknown. One of those username and profile pic where you can’t tell.

Edit: I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. I was just sharing something that happened.

I generally acknowledge a tip in my review of the buyer to show that I am grateful, that’s all.

Sometimes I say thanks in my reviews and sometimes through private message.For example, if I get tip from same buyer for 3 times I prefer to say thanks once in my review. Receiving tip always delights me. ,

What I think is it fine. I do it when I genuinely do get tips. It says to the world; I appreciate tips. Usually, the review is great too. If someone is doing this for all reviews, it is obviously an issue.

It wasn’t all reviews, rather sporadic but enough to catch my attention.

A marketing tactic that’s just what it is, nothing to be worried of, it doesn’t mean the seller will get more sale but might get more tips on gigs sold. The best idea would Fiverr adding how much tips (in total and by N° of buyers) somewhere in your profile, but that’s far form their priority

Archived