Fiverr Forum

Sellers don't offer gigs to other sellers! Seriously?

I wanted to create a voice over and a jingle tune for one of my gigs. Two sellers turned me down by stating “We don’t do work for other people gigs”. That’s really bad. I have worked with couple of other sellers mostly for doing some avatars and cartoons for me. Also, I have worked for a couple of other sellers that wanted me to help them out with their social media presence and I never turned them down. Even some of my regulars are sellers that offer web development and they use my services for banner designs. I don’t know what are your thoughts, but this confused me.

If you were wondering, nope I haven’t requested a discount or anything extra to be included. I just asked for custom quote and if it was necessary for me to purchase the license for commercial use.

What is your opinion on this matter?

6 Likes

It’s their loss.

I hired six people just today for things I needed. Glad they “worked with sellers”.

6 Likes

I generally don’t sell to people who sell the same thing as I do but aside from that, I have had great experiences with other sellers, both buying and selling.

4 Likes

I saw other sellers who’ve purchased gigs to create videos for their own gigs, voiceovers, spokespeople, explainer animations, etc.

The only times I don’t work with other sellers is if I see they offer exactly the same things as I do. But I have made exceptions a few times. (yeah, what Eoin said, he was faster :slight_smile: you, machine, you… )

4 Likes

I buy from other sellers and sell to other sellers all the time. I could understand why someone might decline in certain situations. For example, I don’t re-write gig descriptions for people who want to advertise that they can write in fluent English when they really cannot. If I did a good job on their gig description it might be misleading to a buyer who thought the seller’s description was a sample of their own work.

Otherwise, I’m happy to work with other sellers and I can’t imagine running my businesses on and off Fiverr without the help of sellers here.

4 Likes

@uncarved - Exactly :slight_smile:

@eoinfinnegan @Woofy31 - I do the same thing, but if the sellers are V/O artists and they want social media design and set-up I help them out and similar. But if a designer asks me for work I usually tend not to work with them.

That’s what I actually needed, a jingle for my “Kindle design gig”. Both of the people were top rated sellers.

People like @velocigraphtor and another seller which isn’t member of the forum. Accepted to do my avatar. Another V/O artist in the past did something for me also. To be honest it didn’t make me angry, but it confused me.

@fonthaunt - That’s the business, we always need some help from other people and fiverr is the first place that I search for services that I need. Same thing, if a designer wants me to create their gig photos I decline.

From now on, I will purchase only from members of the forum as I always had great experience working with them.

2 Likes

I will be happy to accept your $$ anytime. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@fonthaunt You bring up an interesting matter. Maybe you can advise :slight_smile:

In the “improve my gig” section, I helped a few newbie sellers with their gigs, their descriptions, by point the errors, the bad grammar and spelling, suggesting corrections, etc.

However, I then realized that I might have made a mistake by doing so, because I imagined the genuine buyers who’d need genuine English writing/speaking people, saw their perfect English gig descriptions, bought them, and then came here on the forum to complain about sellers lying regarding their skills and stuff.

Did I make a mistake by correcting the gig descriptions of those sellers in “improve my gig” ? Are those buyers, who complain on the forum about poorly written articles and the such, a result of my own creation?

Should I stop correcting people’s gig descriptions in the “improve my gig” section?

2 Likes

Well, that’s the very same reason why I haven’t tried to hire a proofreader to go through my gig descriptions. I now that I do have some grammar errors. But that’s life :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I ditto this. I generally don’t work with sellers who are offering the very same services as me.

2 Likes

I asked @misscrystal one time for help with a spell I had been working on and she turned me down LMAO

But it makes sense. I remember when I first started Fiverr I had a ton of Psychics come to me for help. I didn’t care so I helped them and they gave me 5-stars.
Over the past few months I helped a couple of them and they left 3 stars on their readings. I asked them if there was anything I could do improve their rating and they were pretty much like “it was good, thanks, bye”

So long story short I decline doing readings for other Psychics. And if another person in my field didn’t want to work with me I would understand.
You would be surprised by how many other 5-star rated Psychics come to me lol

2 Likes

I recorded a voiceover for another seller’s gig just today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a few fellow psychics asking me for readings for themselves and I always see that in a positive manner. So far I haven’t encountered any hick ups. If I were in the mood, I’d ask a reader spread for me, no harm in that if one doesn’t have the intention to hurt my ratings in purpose.

1 Like

thank you fiverr.com

1 Like

I’ve done work for other sellers and I have hired other sellers for work I need.

What I don’t like is when other sellers contact me to buy there gig.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. It happens in the real world all the time – for example, phone companies advertising pristine marketing campaigns promising you the best service in the world. But, some of those companies then use overseas call centers to handle customers’ requests.

3 Likes

Just because of 2 buyers, who are also sellers; my profile rating is 4.9.
The 1st one removed/paused his gigs when I asked to modify his review,( instead of modification). The second one left 4.4 stars without any issue and even did not ask for a single revision.

In simple words, the sellers believe that only they are perfect. The sellers are sellers to save and make money… The buyers are business persons to invest.

2 Likes

Interesting.

I would have figured majority of buyers were sellers as well.

Learn something interesting, everyday. .

2 Likes

I wanted to have a custom tune for my gig :confused: I would’ve payed him actually a bit more :frowning:

1 Like

Woofy, I don’t think it’s a mistake to help out with some basic corrections on the forum. I have had people actually try to hire me to re-write their entire gig descriptions and profile in American English. In the few cases I’m talking about, they also had a United States designation, but it was apparent to me that they weren’t fluent, regardless. I still don’t really mind if they are selling something unrelated (perhaps logos) because they could be an immigrant to the U.S. If it’s not really misleading for them to just have gigs that can be understood, I’ll happily do a simple re-write for them.

If they are setting up to sell creative writing or article writing or proofreading with a claim to fluency, though, I turn them down. I have to assume at that point they are preparing to falsely advertise. If they are just asking for some basic help with English on the forum and someone offers it, I don’t think that would convince a buyer in the way it would if they got someone to fake their whole gig/profile.

3 Likes