Sellers' Future in Fiverr

prologo1

Dear All,

Day by day Fiverr popularity is going down as per the alexa rank. As a full time Fiverr seller i feel little bit unstable. You?

http://forum.fiverr.com/uploads/FileUpload/d1/5a77437f943769e40757c0706ba3ea.jpg

but unfortunately sellers like “fragglesrock” who offer gigs and do not answer messages for days on end doesn’t help the sellers rep at all! I would pay for quality not quantity with regards to gigs.

Sheriff’s note: naming and shaming is not allowed in this forum! Please follow the rules you can find in Forum Do’s & Dont’s

• 2 weeks later...

@customrapsongs:

Why should I ? I make 2x more then average salary in my country and I am on college from 07-19 every day and I work from 20 - 01... go figure ?

@preetiyoga:

When I find reliable guy/ girl(even better) I would be more then happy to give him work to do.

@prologo1:

Yes I hope too, as I am expanding my business, having a lot of people in my "contacts" is main goal for now - which is not an issue for you :D

Fiverr isn’t going down it’s always growing it’s a best place to make a business you have a wide ability of choice there is a great professionals working here in every sphere just keep going make the best you can and you will always have a buyers

best,

Darrendesign

Well… I do feel unstable seeing that the rankings are going down but as long as I always have an order to deliver I’m fine with it. You don’t look like you need to worry though, since you have 14 orders in queue for one of your gigs…

• 1 month later...

Reply to @david388: Hey David, good to see you here 🙂

Alexa ranks websites, presumably by traffic. But given that nobody has real traffic information, they collect data and extrapolate a ranking. They do this by collecting data they receive from people that use the Alexa search bar in their browser.

While is a poor representation of real traffic, it can be helpful for relative comparisons between sites, in addition to spotting traffic trends. Fiverr’s traffic appears to have fallen off a cliff as of last October.

From someone who use to analyze third party data for site ranking comparisons, I can say that I have little faith in the Alexa numbers. But, there might well be a reason for what appears to be a precipitous drop. One theory is that fiverr made the conscious decision to throttle back on advertising in favor of sellers promoting their own gigs externally. That’s all purely speculation though.

I think the key to fiverr success is to curate quality and integrity. It has the “value” part down. Otherwise, it’s likely to be viewed as a preditorial marketplace for corrupt sellers, buyers looking for partners to help sell/market fraudulent services, and desperate sellers looking to do anything for a buck.

I think we’ve already heard many of these concerns, which is really a shame. So many sellers here are really great talents with tremendous care and advocacy for their clients.

Reply to @tsweezey: I agree completely. Many of us have found success with a simple way to market our skills here, and we are really good at what we do. I hope Fiverr continues to remain easy to use, a great value, and also top quality and integrity. There is really no reason it can’t be a success that way. I think some of the changes to Fiverr (i.e. response rate, which has its issues but is mostly a positive) are for the purpose of improving quality and integrity. I’m happy with that!

Archived