Fiverr Community Forum

Sellers, how is the new review system working for you?

I left a review like I always do and didn’t think twice about it. The seller wrote me back and thank me for giving him a nice review - again, I didn’t think much of it. This was my first purchase with this seller.

When I looked at his profile, I figured out why. Recently, 5r got rid of the generic, “Outstanding, Satisfactory, etc. Experience” and made it mandatory for buyers to write something. I haven’t paid attention to the limit since I’ve always exceeded. I guess I’m wordy.

I’m just wondering if that has affected the number of reviews on your profile. If not, do you think that it has helped or hurt you? I noticed many people write basic: “Great experience, thank you, good job!” Not exactly a review from my point of view but, hey, if the sellers are happy with it - - - or are you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

I think it caused the number of reviews buyers leave to go down.

4 Likes

I think some people just don’t know what to write and found it easier to rank the 5 stars and move on. I was curious how sellers felt about the former “Outstanding Experience” to the current one with “Good job,” or “thank you,” or whatever.

4 Likes

I don’t think all the reviews saying “thank you” sound as encouraging as “outstanding experience” sounded. Of course they are still appreciated but people don’t always have a way with words, or they are in too much of a hurry to stop and think of what else to say.

3 Likes

Reviews are down and nothing else has changed. It’s either “gooooood” for me or “great job”

1 Like

Sheesh! They could give at least a “really goooood” or “really great job”! :smirk: :grin:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Well, thanks for the great review you gave me anyway :+1:

3 Likes

“I did?” She asked confused. :confused:

“Did I mistake you for someone else?”

Hee, hee, just kidding. :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

As for the original question, I like the new format. I have been getting very thoughtful reviews lately, which is nice to see. Earlier it was a series of “outstanding experience!”

5 Likes

Damn, and I was sitting there and wondering, why I don’t get “outstanding experience” reviews anymore. I must say, this is a great option because I have gotten some “thoughtful reviews” just as Writer said. At first, I thought that it is because I have improved my communication, but now I see why people don’t leave the generic review anymore. Anyways, it is a cool feature.

5 Likes

Reviews went down for me back when Fiverr made the process more complicated and it never really recovered. As far as the “Outstanding experience!” thing, I have really mixed feelings. On one hand I think that some buyers liked the ease of it and I know I had a higher percentage of reviews when it was that simple. On the other hand I see lots of people in the forum who think that sellers with several “Outstandings” a row were getting fake reviews because they don’t realize it was automated. I hated that sellers were penalized for that.

If I was going to make a suggestion off the top of my head, it would be to have Fiverr set up some kind of “random positive” generator. Reviews of 5 stars could automatically be assigned one if like 25 different positive phrases. That’s probably a stupid idea but it seems plausible! They could make it so that people had to write something to leave 1-4 stars and that way people would have to be descriptive if they didn’t just feel satisifed.

13 Likes

Mark -

You must have been in a cave or you have been replaced by an :alien: disguised to fool us humans into thinking you are you. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Can you prove you are the real gig_freak?

2 Likes

I heard someone else mention that their review went down when it became mandatory to write something. I think it’s because some people just don’t know what to write so it ends up being the - good job or thumbs up.

I’m not sure if “good job” for a review is better than “outstanding experience.”

2 Likes

To me personally, anything that is nice is fine. If the buyer is happy, even a “thanks” or “good job” is okay, and if the buyer is unhappy they can explain it in polite terms. Of course, I think all sellers love the longer positive reviews that give some detail since those look good on a profile, but for me, it’s the intent that matters most. :slight_smile:

Edited to add: Maybe Fiverr could use Discobot to generate quotes for buyers who aren’t sure what to say. :smiley:

@discobot quote what you think?

4 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; Unbelief, in denying them. — Ralph Emerson

6 Likes

Dear sir, it’s still me. I honor your opinion. How can I mek sel? Please U tell me. Does this sentence sound more in the sarcastic stlye of gig_freak?. :crazy_face:

Or maybe, just maybe, your conspiracy theory is right…

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the reviews are for the sellers or really for the next set of buyers that look at your gigs.

I guess sellers see it to raise ranking.

I see it as a way for me to filter through great from average sellers; not just be the positive but by the negative reviews as well. I like reading the longer well written reviews (pos & neg) to see about the buyer’s experience. A “good job” doesn’t say anything - it’s about useless as the “outstanding experience.”

3 Likes

Thank you, @discobot.

You are very wise. That is so true!

2 Likes

Oooo! @nikavoice , caught ya :heart: discobot! You sneaky thing you!

Last week someone wanted to know “How to catch a buyer.” I instantly had a image of a seller with a giant butterfly net chasing after me! :slight_smile:

1 Like