Sellers, how is the new review system working for you?

gina_riley2

I left a review like I always do and didn’t think twice about it. The seller wrote me back and thank me for giving him a nice review - again, I didn’t think much of it. This was my first purchase with this seller.

When I looked at his profile, I figured out why. Recently, 5r got rid of the generic, “Outstanding, Satisfactory, etc. Experience” and made it mandatory for buyers to write something. I haven’t paid attention to the limit since I’ve always exceeded. I guess I’m wordy.

I’m just wondering if that has affected the number of reviews on your profile. If not, do you think that it has helped or hurt you? I noticed many people write basic: “Great experience, thank you, good job!” Not exactly a review from my point of view but, hey, if the sellers are happy with it - - - or are you? 🤨

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it caused the number of reviews buyers leave to go down.

I think some people just don’t know what to write and found it easier to rank the 5 stars and move on. I was curious how sellers felt about the former “Outstanding Experience” to the current one with “Good job,” or “thank you,” or whatever.

Damn, and I was sitting there and wondering, why I don’t get “outstanding experience” reviews anymore. I must say, this is a great option because I have gotten some “thoughtful reviews” just as Writer said. At first, I thought that it is because I have improved my communication, but now I see why people don’t leave the generic review anymore. Anyways, it is a cool feature.

Reviews went down for me back when Fiverr made the process more complicated and it never really recovered. As far as the “Outstanding experience!” thing, I have really mixed feelings. On one hand I think that some buyers liked the ease of it and I know I had a higher percentage of reviews when it was that simple. On the other hand I see lots of people in the forum who think that sellers with several “Outstandings” a row were getting fake reviews because they don’t realize it was automated. I hated that sellers were penalized for that.

If I was going to make a suggestion off the top of my head, it would be to have Fiverr set up some kind of “random positive” generator. Reviews of 5 stars could automatically be assigned one if like 25 different positive phrases. That’s probably a stupid idea but it seems plausible! They could make it so that people had to write something to leave 1-4 stars and that way people would have to be descriptive if they didn’t just feel satisifed.

Damn, and I was sitting there and wondering, why I don’t get “outstanding experience” reviews anymore. I must say, this is a great option because I have gotten some “thoughtful reviews” just as Writer said. At first, I thought that it is because I have improved my communication, but now I see why people don’t leave the generic review anymore. Anyways, it is a cool feature.

Mark -

You must have been in a cave or you have been replaced by an 👽

Can you prove you are the real gig_freak?

Reviews went down for me back when Fiverr made the process more complicated and it never really recovered. As far as the “Outstanding experience!” thing, I have really mixed feelings. On one hand I think that some buyers liked the ease of it and I know I had a higher percentage of reviews when it was that simple. On the other hand I see lots of people in the forum who think that sellers with several “Outstandings” a row were getting fake reviews because they don’t realize it was automated. I hated that sellers were penalized for that.

If I was going to make a suggestion off the top of my head, it would be to have Fiverr set up some kind of “random positive” generator. Reviews of 5 stars could automatically be assigned one if like 25 different positive phrases. That’s probably a stupid idea but it seems plausible! They could make it so that people had to write something to leave 1-4 stars and that way people would have to be descriptive if they didn’t just feel satisifed.

I heard someone else mention that their review went down when it became mandatory to write something. I think it’s because some people just don’t know what to write so it ends up being the - good job or thumbs up.

I’m not sure if “good job” for a review is better than “outstanding experience.”

I heard someone else mention that their review went down when it became mandatory to write something. I think it’s because some people just don’t know what to write so it ends up being the - good job or thumbs up.

I’m not sure if “good job” for a review is better than “outstanding experience.”

To me personally, anything that is nice is fine. If the buyer is happy, even a “thanks” or “good job” is okay, and if the buyer is unhappy they can explain it in polite terms. Of course, I think all sellers love the longer positive reviews that give some detail since those look good on a profile, but for me, it’s the intent that matters most. 🙂

Edited to add: Maybe Fiverr could use Discobot to generate quotes for buyers who aren’t sure what to say. 😃

@discobot quote what you think?

Guest discobot

To me personally, anything that is nice is fine. If the buyer is happy, even a “thanks” or “good job” is okay, and if the buyer is unhappy they can explain it in polite terms. Of course, I think all sellers love the longer positive reviews that give some detail since those look good on a profile, but for me, it’s the intent that matters most. 🙂

Edited to add: Maybe Fiverr could use Discobot to generate quotes for buyers who aren’t sure what to say. 😃

@discobot quote what you think?

🗨️ Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; Unbelief, in denying them. — Ralph Emerson

Mark -

You must have been in a cave or you have been replaced by an 👽

Can you prove you are the real gig_freak?

Dear sir, it’s still me. I honor your opinion. How can I mek sel? Please U tell me. Does this sentence sound more in the sarcastic stlye of gig_freak?. :crazy_face:

Or maybe, just maybe, your conspiracy theory is right…

I’m not sure if the reviews are for the sellers or really for the next set of buyers that look at your gigs.

I guess sellers see it to raise ranking.

I see it as a way for me to filter through great from average sellers; not just be the positive but by the negative reviews as well. I like reading the longer well written reviews (pos & neg) to see about the buyer’s experience. A “good job” doesn’t say anything - it’s about useless as the “outstanding experience.”

I’m not sure if the reviews are for the sellers or really for the next set of buyers that look at your gigs.

I see it as a way for me to filter through great from average sellers; not just be the positive but by the negative reviews as well. I like reading the longer well written reviews (pos & neg) to see about the buyer’s experience. A “good job” doesn’t say anything - it’s about useless as the “outstanding experience.”

I can see your point. Although I’ve not been as lucky with number of reviews, I’ve been lucky to get “wordy” ones on most of mine, so the occasional ‘good job’ wouldn’t bug me. That’s as a seller, though, so as a buyer I have to admit I think about it differently.

When I’m looking for someone to do work and I don’t have a referral, I do tend to read positive and negative reviews as part of my evaluation process. Negatives don’t put me off unless they show a pattern of poor communication or poor work. Positives are helpful when they are descriptive. The buyer perspective is quite different, I suppose!

Yesterday, I got a review, a three-star one. In which the client stated “Not the best”, what does that tell you? To me, it tells that the buyer was lazy to request a revision, and it’s not a real review. However, it would still hurt me as not many people do read every review like you do.

I contacted the buyer and he said he didn’t like it because of the color, and everything else was good, but he didn’t bother to request a revision.

Oooo! @nikavoice , caught ya ❤️ discobot! You sneaky thing you!

Last week someone wanted to know “How to catch a buyer.” I instantly had a image of a seller with a giant butterfly net chasing after me! 🙂

Oooo! @nikavoice , caught ya ❤️ discobot! You sneaky thing you!

Last week someone wanted to know “How to catch a buyer.” I instantly had a image of a seller with a giant butterfly net chasing after me! 🙂

Oops! I feel like my hand got caught in the 🍪

Discobot is full of wisdom, I do like the idea of a few generic reviews. I’m always in favor of an easy as 123 review system. I understand buyers just don’t have the time to write novels of reviews, so an alternative option would be superb!

I guess something is better than nothing!

🦋

Yesterday, I got a review, a three-star one. In which the client stated “Not the best”, what does that tell you? To me, it tells that the buyer was lazy to request a revision, and it’s not a real review. However, it would still hurt me as not many people do read every review like you do.

I contacted the buyer and he said he didn’t like it because of the color, and everything else was good, but he didn’t bother to request a revision.

I think most buyers do read several reviews, not just the last one. If I saw your reviews and saw tons of good ones (which you have) alongside the “not the best” that would not put me off. I often feel that sellers who have an occasional light negative are just honest and don’t try to manipulate their buyers, so it actually makes me more likely to buy from them. I can’t be sure how other buyers are, though.

“Not the best” doesn’t say much to me and means even less. I am looking for actual what the seller did to deserve less than 5 stars.

“Good work” is useless. I want to know what made the job good.

Because there are few actual write ups, I do take the time to read it when considering hiring someone I’ve never worked with.

Archived