Sellers lying on pricing

mike2go

Is the scope of your order the same as that listed for the gig?

If your order requires additional time, effort, and consideration than the base gig, then being asked for greater compensation is only fair.

Many sellers offer gig extras or higher level packages for additional options and features, but at an additional price. Thoroughly reading the gig description and what come included with a purchase is an absolute must.

• Like 8

Plus, if you don’t like someone’s prices after their quote… you can always move on to someone else, you know… It’s not like there’s a single person on Fiverr providing that service. There are thousands others most likely

Agreed. In almost all services, there will be options available.

I say almost because some oddball services haven’t been replicated yet, like the guy sitting on an inflatable boat in his living room.

• Like 10

Sometimes I ask for 2x or even 3x the price from my highest package since I do software developments and I can’t be done packaging what I could offer, the packages I have is are for most common tasks. So If you’re trying to do a custom offer it all depends on the complexity of the project. If the seller’s quote does not align within your budget you may ask for a negotiation if the seller doesn’t seems to go low, you have total freedom to find some other seller who offers the same service. 🙂

• Like 8

Agreed. In almost all services, there will be options available.

I say almost because some oddball services haven’t been replicated yet, like the guy sitting on an inflatable boat in his living room.

like the guy sitting on an inflatable boat in his living room.

Even then, you have an alternative like people dancing around near a pot of gold like natives. Or maybe you hire Jesus to advertise something. Again, lots of options 🙂

• Like 9

like the guy sitting on an inflatable boat in his living room.

Even then, you have an alternative like people dancing around near a pot of gold like natives. Or maybe you hire Jesus to advertise something. Again, lots of options 🙂

Well, if you specifically wanted an individual in an inflatable raft that is placed in his living room, he’s the only option in the entire platform!

As for Jesus, he no longer has a monopoly on Fiverr and I think there are two other sellers offering the same impersonation service. 😆

• Like 6

i am disappointed in some of these replies to be honest, so i will explain in more detail…

I do read the whole gig description of course, i did not post in here because I am not reading things, take this gig for example… ******************** when contacting the seller they want $60 for the service.

for those that say there are other sellers that i can find, i am really annoyed at these comments, of course that goes without saying, but I am bringing this up because half of the sellers are using this behaviour… and me contacting 20 sellers to find one thats honest is a waste of my time.

MOD NOTE link removed

• Like 6

i am disappointed in some of these replies to be honest, so i will explain in more detail…

I do read the whole gig description of course, i did not post in here because I am not reading things, take this gig for example… ******************** when contacting the seller they want $60 for the service.

for those that say there are other sellers that i can find, i am really annoyed at these comments, of course that goes without saying, but I am bringing this up because half of the sellers are using this behaviour… and me contacting 20 sellers to find one thats honest is a waste of my time.

MOD NOTE link removed

Your disappointment in the comments is belied by the lack of details in your original post.

In the forum, the practice of targeting or calling out specific buyers or sellers is prohibited. The seller you referenced is non-leveled, offers unlimited revisions, and sells a service of writing legal documentation and binding return policies for a dirt cheap price. Those are big warning signs that you seemed to have overlooked.

• Like 13

MOD NOTE link removed

Thanks for sharing the example although I don’t think you’re allowed to put the exact gig link in the forum. Anyhow, yeah I checked and the gig description seems a bit vague. Truly the solution at the moment is to go through the many sellers until you find the right one, which as you say does take up your time. Or take the route of posting in the buyers request section that will allow the sellers to come to you.

Although I just wanted to share that as much as there are sellers who have a vague gig description there are those with very detailed ones and packages. It will take probably a minute to read and not bother to contact those kind of sellers? And spend your time instead with those who have detailed packages?

You can also report your experience to Customer Support as well as I don’t think they usually go through the forum as often.

• Like 8

MOD NOTE link removed

when contacting the seller they want $60 for the service.

I hope you didn’t contact that seller because of their gig image.

Generally speaking, when something looks too good to be true (like a lot of legal writing for $5), it’s highly unlikely to be true.

As for your first question, since bait and switch isn’t allowed, you can report those sellers to Customer Support, and CS will investigate them.

• Like 10

Your disappointment in the comments is belied by the lack of details in your original post.

In the forum, the practice of targeting or calling out specific buyers or sellers is prohibited. The seller you referenced is non-leveled, offers unlimited revisions, and sells a service of writing legal documentation and binding return policies for a dirt cheap price. Those are big warning signs that you seemed to have overlooked.

The seller you referenced is unrated

they have 5 stars from 16 reviews?

• Like 6

i appreciate the new replies, i was hoping fiverr was monitored a bit more actively by the staff but i guess this is not the case. thanks all for your help.

i was hoping fiverr was monitored a bit more actively by the staff

Fiverr has millions of users, it’s not possible to monitor them all closely. That’s why staff relies on users to report things that need to be reported.

• Like 6

I agree with the above opinions on the (probably intentional) vagueness of that example. While the ToS does state:

Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:

• Spam, nonsense, or violent or deceptive Gigs
  • Gigs misleading to Buyers or others
  • Exceedingly low quality Gigs

It also states:

• Gigs on Fiverr may be offered at a base starting price of $5. Some Gigs are offered at a base price of more than $5 as determined by the Seller.

HOWEVER (source: Integrity and Authenticity - Fiverr's Community Standards):

Integrity and Authenticity

Misrepresentation

Misrepresentation is defined as fraudulent, negligent, or innocent misstatements, or an incomplete statement of a material fact.

Misrepresenting Gig elements

Do not:

• Raise the price of your Gig service in personal messages before or after purchase. Bait-and-switch marketing is not acceptable.

I guess what I’m getting at, is your example is working through a loophole. They promise nothing specific, and thus are skirting the rules. So: report them.

Fiverr relies on it’s community to report gigs. They’re busy enough with reports that seeking out more isn’t something they likely do. Personally I’m glad the wait-time for response from CS is down. For a few months in 2020 they were taking weeks to get to peoples tickets.

• Like 9

I agree with the above opinions on the (probably intentional) vagueness of that example. While the ToS does state:

Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:

• Spam, nonsense, or violent or deceptive Gigs
  • Gigs misleading to Buyers or others
  • Exceedingly low quality Gigs

It also states:

• Gigs on Fiverr may be offered at a base starting price of $5. Some Gigs are offered at a base price of more than $5 as determined by the Seller.

HOWEVER (source: Integrity and Authenticity - Fiverr's Community Standards):

Integrity and Authenticity

Misrepresentation

Misrepresentation is defined as fraudulent, negligent, or innocent misstatements, or an incomplete statement of a material fact.

Misrepresenting Gig elements

Do not:

• Raise the price of your Gig service in personal messages before or after purchase. Bait-and-switch marketing is not acceptable.

I guess what I’m getting at, is your example is working through a loophole. They promise nothing specific, and thus are skirting the rules. So: report them.

Fiverr relies on it’s community to report gigs. They’re busy enough with reports that seeking out more isn’t something they likely do. Personally I’m glad the wait-time for response from CS is down. For a few months in 2020 they were taking weeks to get to peoples tickets.

image.png.391921ba7fe639e4bfadaf2234b4f6c6.png

which report option would you recommend?

• Like 6

If you go with the flag, I think it’d be “Inappropriate Gig”.

But there’s nothing really inappropriate in the gig itself, it’s the seller’s behavior that’s the problem. So, if going down that route, maybe report the seller from their profile page?

• Like 8

Why would you report someone just because they asked for a higher price? It’s a right of the seller to ask whatever they wants, and it’s your right to find someone else if you don’t find a good rate from a seller. sellers can’t package everything they can do into only 3 packages. what they do is common packages for common requirements. Was your requirement common enough to fall into a package that the seller offered? If so you may think of reporting.

me contacting 20 sellers to find one thats honest is a waste of my time

If you think this platform is that terrible, and sellers are that terrible, and it wastes your time., why would you waste more of your time posting on the forum and stuff? you could move on to another platform where you have good prices.

This is what I find, people come here expecting to get their work done for the cheapest possible. (I mean most of the buyers) that’s how Fiverr became famous. Like, get your work done for $5. but now things are different here. so when buyers don’t get the price they’re expecting they get mad. but what they don’t realize is that they’re already getting a massive discount compared to other freelance platforms.

• Like 5