Sellers posting advertisements in Buyer Requests

cwschizzy

Sadly, that’s something you need to get used to.
I avoid the buyer’s request because of that!

I guess you either need to learn to ignore it, scroll through a lot of stuff and look for an actual “request,” or simply stay away from it. Yeah, kinda sad.

I guess so. I’m going to have to learn how to advertise more effectively, apparently.

I’m going to have to learn how to advertise more effectively, apparently.

True!

I wouldn’t give up on buyer’s request, though. When a genuine buyer does post there, they will be looking for someone with flawless writing skills - someone like you.

I recently posted a request to find a seller to beta read my novella and analyze the structure/pace/realistic scenarios, etc. The bidding went from as low as $5 to high as $250.

Not one of them offered the one thing I asked them to do in the bid - “Your bid must include one revision.”

One seller bid $250 with, and I quote: “Edit, polish, proofread your work. Contact me please.”

** Sigh ** 😦

I wasn’t looking to get my work polished, edited or proofread. My max budget was $200 and lastly, it did not include the one revision.

I had 28 offers.

At least half were poorly written, some gave me too much information - things that I don’t need nor wanted but they offered me all these perks - which only highlighted their writing skills.

What I am getting at is that sellers like you would stand out in a crowd of 28.

Who knows, tomorrow there maybe 85 sellers advertising and ONE lowly genuine buyer looking for an editor/proofreader/beta reader.

Hey, no promise you will find a buyer, just saying you actually have a great writing gig.

Yeah. I left a couple of “requests” for them. Hoping they would, being the idiots they seem to be, accept it thinking they’re the ones getting the money and I end up with money in my wallet.

Yeah. I left a couple of “requests” for them. Hoping they would, being the idiots they seem to be, accept it thinking they’re the ones getting the money and I end up with money in my wallet.

I am curious on how that conversation would go? 😆

I am curious on how that conversation would go? 😆

Maybe I could manage to trick them somehow. Maybe I’m wrong about how this system works. I haven’t gotten a chance to use it since I have no orders yet. Not even views either… which is pretty strange. Probably a glitch.

I’m going to have to learn how to advertise more effectively, apparently.

True!

I wouldn’t give up on buyer’s request, though. When a genuine buyer does post there, they will be looking for someone with flawless writing skills - someone like you.

I recently posted a request to find a seller to beta read my novella and analyze the structure/pace/realistic scenarios, etc. The bidding went from as low as $5 to high as $250.

Not one of them offered the one thing I asked them to do in the bid - “Your bid must include one revision.”

One seller bid $250 with, and I quote: “Edit, polish, proofread your work. Contact me please.”

** Sigh ** 😦

I wasn’t looking to get my work polished, edited or proofread. My max budget was $200 and lastly, it did not include the one revision.

I had 28 offers.

At least half were poorly written, some gave me too much information - things that I don’t need nor wanted but they offered me all these perks - which only highlighted their writing skills.

What I am getting at is that sellers like you would stand out in a crowd of 28.

Who knows, tomorrow there maybe 85 sellers advertising and ONE lowly genuine buyer looking for an editor/proofreader/beta reader.

Hey, no promise you will find a buyer, just saying you actually have a great writing gig.

I really hope so. Every new post today was from the same poor typers who somehow think they can edit.

I suppose an actual buyer has to show up eventually!

They don’t know that no one can see their profile 😛 Only their request

I saw a very intelligent person once he wrote something like this

Hi i need simple work $25 is my budget click here “Tinyurl.link”

when i clicked on it i had no idea i was going to see his profile with 33 reviews

it made me laugh for a while, Its stupid but people usually find a way ;D

Archived