Sellers Request More Structured Achievable Levels Past Level 2 [ACTIVE DISCUSSION]

Sheriff’s Note: This post title was changed because the discussion was a useful beginning to unify multiple posts about this topic. Out of respect to the original post, the original title is below.

Please note the original top post as well as some suggestions in the second post for ways to do this. Other users are encouraged to add their own thoughts to the discussion!

Original Title: there should be more than 2 level, please share your thought.

Hi,

Level one and two every one knows how to get it and we get it after small amount of order. TRS is kind a jump after these 2 level.

OR a option like for level 1 and level 2 where we can check our % that how close we are to TRS and what we should do to achieve it.

So would be nice if there is more level following some criteria and TRS should be automatic of course with term and conditions and a option where we can see how close we are to next level.

I understand that if there is more levels fiverr has to offer difference in levels if it is hard than TRS should be done automatic. (can have really hard criteria to get it though )

we just wonder after 2 level when is next and we are close or not?

What you guys think?

Thank you

Preeti

this is an interesting suggestion…as a buyer this may be a bit too confusing what you are suggesting. There needs to also be a simplistic aspect to the levels - New, Level 1, 2 and then high rated sellers is much easier to understand at a first look and a new buyer doesn’t really need to go read something to understand what all the levels actually mean.

Adding the language you are suggesting here also makes it difficult with any language barriers, which is why 1 & 2 work as numbers are universal. YOu could do something more like New, Bronze, Silver and Gold or add Gold and then Platinum. I think everyone around the world at least knows Bronze, Silver and Gold via the Olympics.

Reply to @kjblynx: but see that is an interesting thought because it might be perception also. I don’t think of the Levels as long time seller…I think of Level 2 as just a higher quality of seller, merely that they have a good amount of successful sales under their belt. AS a buyer whether someone is there for 3 years or 3 months if they are a Level 2, I think of them both the same.

SO I guess what I am saying is that as a buyer I’m not always looking for someone who has been here longer. If they offer a creative piece of work and I like their portfolio that is what matters more to me, not whether someone has 100 sales or 1000 sales. In fact to be perfectly honest, I tend to stay away from people that have that many sales for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sheriff’s Note: This post title was changed because the discussion was a useful beginning to unify multiple posts about this topic. Out of respect to the original post, the original title is : there should be more than 2 level, please share your thought.

Please note the original top post as well as some suggestions in the second post for ways to do this.

The thread has been revived as a starter discussion on the topic of adding more levels past level 2. There is a particular drive to add levels other than TRS that have attainable and specific goals. This could give incentives to sellers and excite them about continuing to move up but in ways that they can work toward in a structured way. Thanks to Fiverr for reading and other users are encouraged to add their thoughts to this thread. If you want to see some redirected threads on this topic they are here:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/18379/fiverr-should-introduce-2-more-levels-before-top-rated-seller-redirected

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/75125/vote-and-be-part-of-the-fun-we-want-more-levels-if-you-do-vote-here-redirected

I go back and forth on levels a lot.

Levels make it harder for new sellers to get going.

Levels let buyers see the a seller has been around, and has built a reputation.

I was thinking maybe levels should be based upon time on Fiverr and not actual number of sales. Some gigs are not high volume, so they can take very long to reach levels based upon sales.

Time could work like this

6 Months
1 Year
2 Years
5 Years
etc

Buyers could still see total sales by a seller and reviews.

Reply to @kjblynx: That is why number of sales is still shown to buyers.

The opposite is true too, some gigs such as logos sell huge volumes compared to other areas. So that group gets titles much faster than those who work just as hard in less popular areas. Either way you look at it, there are issues. Nothing is perfect.

Awesome discussion

while I think more levels would be moe motivational as the jump from level 2 to TRS seems like a huge gap. I don’t think the name of the levels should change… just add something to spice up the inbetween.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @kjblynx: Oh that is interesting…I never would have thought about it like that, but I guess you either come in number 1, 2 or 3 in sports for example so I can see how some people might interpret it that way. That’s a really interesting take on this whole issue!

Archived