Fiverr Forum

Sellers responding to buyer requests

I just posted a buyer request and 80% of the responses were standard answers and did not even talk about my specific request in any way.

You know what I did. I deleted every response that didn’t mention and details about my request. As a buyer it appears they respond to any request they think they might be able to do. If you can’t take 10 seconds to put something specific in a response, I don’t believe my project will get the care I want.

When I have to choose between 30+ responses, the ones that took time are the ones that I will follow-up with.

Something to consider when responding to buyer requests. Maybe you’ll get more sales.

Totally agree on that.
Alas, the people who should read that are at this very moment busy writing a post asking ‘how to get sales’.

The thing that amazes me a bout BR is that I put thought into it (and always invite them to write back through questions re: their project) and I have had no interest. I think I got maybe 2 jobs out of 100. On par with bidding sites so I’m not mad.

I just can’t be bothered with it. Maybe it’s my prices. I got called expensive for $10 the other day through my inbox. What?

It’s very annoying to write individual answers, so sometimes sellers copy and paste.

“Hi, I would love to help you with your project, just order and provide instructions.”

Besides, what matters is the gig they’re showing you. I don’t need sellers to butter me up, just tell me what you can do for me, that’s enough.

Personal interest in a Buyer’s specific needs builds a better relationship and yields a better product. Good points, orcatek.

I totally agree, the other day I chose a buyer with specific answer " I will do this and that" . That is it. I didn’t even bother to read responses over 200+ words. Some sellers were telling me they have 6-7 years experience and blah blah. I don’t think people are interested in reading work history for a 5-10$ job.

Wow… I just learnt a great lesson there and I will try to keep it short while bidding, I’m kinda new on fiverr and I missed a job due to connection issues, but have not received any other job since then, all I do is exhaust my daily 10 offers. Please, is there a way out for me

Wow… I just learnt a great lesson there and I will try to keep it short while bidding, I’m kinda new on fiverr and I missed a job due to connection issues, but have not received any other job since then, all I do is exhaust my daily 10 offers. Please, is there a way out for me

BR is now flooded with sellers looking for sellers. I don’t relly know what the mods are doing about this.

On fiverr you can be seller and buyer. So that doesn’t violate any rules. It is good for them that money is circulated within the website.

WOW…Can’t believe this topic is so fresh…

I consider it spam…
Here’s my offer…

Looking for a WordPress developer who has a personal connection with someone needing a transplant. I’ve a non-profit social networking idea I’d like to discuss before building out a project. With only 121,000 people on the waiting list and 5.7 million people in America, there’s something we can do.

I posted it 15 minutes ago and I’ve received 8 generic offers ranging from $5 to $300 from people in 3rd world countries. It almost feels like a friggin’ bot is out there.

Pulled until further notice

Probably many of them are not fluent in English, and rely on free translation software?

This is interesting as seller I don’t even apply if a GIG has over 10 offers or even 25, maybe I should as I always put a personal spin on the GIG and how it relates to what I do…say I’m passionate about music, write about pets on my own blog, or photography.

Thanks for giving me the confidence that there are so many “spam” replies, maybe I’ll stand out after all.

agree.

A lot of the people using the buyer request option in the voice over area are those wanting to spend $5 for a $30 to $500 job on fiverr. It’s crazy what they are demanding. So I steer clear of most of them unless they post a price that seems reasonable. It’s not worth my time.

It’s an old issue that they continue to ignore. It makes fiverr seem unprofessional. And many professionals on fiverr have posted many times on this. Thankfully, they now have the erase button so that you can get rid of the spam and only have to see it once. That button is the only thing that keeps me looking at the buyers request page because at least I can quickly cull the list down to relevant requests.

I think buyer requests are actually misused by buyers quite a lot. It is a useful feature if you have a big project, an unusual project or perhaps even a project with a couple of different aspects.
Buyers submitting requests for a standard $5 500 word article is ridiculous.
Buyers also use the request section to try get a huge amount of work done for little to no money - then they cry about it when their 25000 word book was translated badly even though they paid $10 for it. It is called buyer requests not Aladdin’s Lamp where any wish can come true!

More specific to your point: Any seller who cannot figure out that they should apply for the project specifically - not just a general message - is probably not really worth working with anyway. A basic level of intelligence and business acumen would tell them that.

I’m always stunned by how many responses they get though! I saw one the other day $5 for a 600 word script must be delivered in 12 hours and it had about 40 responses!

I think my hit rate is on par with Emmaki’s 1-2% but sadly the number of bad/unreasonable/difficult buyers I’ve got from the BR’s is REALLY high - more than 50%, so even on the off chance my rates work for them, the chance of it being an order that will sap my time and will to live is much higher than regular orders.

Is s u c k really a bad word?? (it got *** out)

No thanks. I have better things to do than writing up a personalized “plz pick me” enticement piece just so that I can be rejected in 1/4 the time it took me to write it. Instead I’ll just provide an informative general response that saves me time and frustration. Guess what. I get plenty of interest back.

If somebody likes my work, they’ll contact me - otherwise it doesn’t much matter. Perhaps that’s due to the advantage of having a visual portfolio. Either way - it’s a waste of time writing custom messages to “maybe clients”.