Fiverr Forum

Sellers spamming the buyer request page

Since I registered on fiverr, I have noticed this irritating trend of seeing sellers advertise their gigs on buyer request pages. Most times, they even dominate the buyers who need to order gigs. If you really want to get orders for your gigs, either you submit proposals to the buyers or advertise your gigs in social media. Its really getting annoying

Submit proposals to buyers? I’m not so sure what you mean by this, but if you mean to just randomly submit proposals to buyers that is spamming… and I get so annoyed with it.

I have had loads of people sending me private messages with their services and trying to get me to make purchases. I just report them immediately. So this could put your account at risk, especially if you message me with your offerings!

I totally agree with you on the Buyer Request pages, I don’t even bother looking at it anymore.

Lol. I didn’t mean randomly sending proposals. The buyer request page is meant for buyers to advertise their request for services after which the seller contacts them(my point). But instead its the other way round. If you are a buyer and you place advert on the buyer request page and a seller contacts you, why do you call it spamming. Am I missing something?

No I thought you meant sending members proposals via private message, my bad! Sorry @sarahdesigner24.

Just today I got a “custom order” sent to me in a private message by a seller and it annoys me so much!

Lol. Those are desperados,dear. Sorry about that.

There have been a multitude of suggestions to fix this issue to no avail. What’s confusing about it is that genuine buyers run into countless issues posting actual jobs while sellers can post with little problem.

I am really glad you posted this because I am a new seller and looked at that page and felt that was not right but was starting to wonder if I had missed the point of Buyer Requests somehow!

I am actually a new seller too. I just need to make three more sales to attain level 1 status. Which is impossible, IF MY FELLOW SELLERS KEEP MAKING IT DIFFICULT FOR ME!!! Sighs

that moment, when I see my “offers left today” is still 10 for those garbages :confused: -_-

Hahaha. Now this is funny. Sorry about that,man.

Mod Note: This is an often-discussed issue. There are many suggestions about it in the forum, and staff is aware of the Buyer Request problem but it’s not entirely resolved as of today’s date. Feel free to discuss in an active thread such as the one below or contact Fiverr staff directly:

:bulb: To contact Fiverr directly, please contact Customer Support.