Sellers, voice your opinion. This one is for you! Fiverr needs a Changed Mind button for Buyers

hotwebideas

We all know, as sellers, that Fiverr needs to improve their mutual cancellation policy.

One of the biggest flaws is that sellers suffer with cancellations when a buyer changes their mind and the seller still gets penalized even when it is not their fault. The buyer placed the order and changed their mind.

Also, how many buyers have purchased your gig and then PAYPAL cuts them off because of insufficient funds? Why should WE be penalized?

THE SOLUTION:

How many sellers think that Fiverr should add a “Changed Mind” button which buyers can click so sellers do not have to get penalized from mutual cancellations?

Please sign this by responding or state your opinion.

Bruce

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hotwebideas - Great idea!!! Fiverr CS should forward this idea to the product team.

I just got another one of these yesterday because the Buyer either didn’t read the Gig Description and watch the video or he was just an plain idiot. After corresponding with him I think a little from column “A” and a little from column “B”.

Reply to @anigrams: sadly this idea has been forwarded to Fiverr editors several times in the last months!! I did it not less than 3 times and so many many other sellers! More, this idea has been widely discussed in many threads, searching for solutions and providing ideas to Fiverr team (those threads were not only rants, but contained tips to improve Fiverr!!).

As you can see, nothing changed.

That doesn’t mean Fiverr team won’t change it, but we will know only when it will happen, IF it will happen 😃

That said, count me in Bruce!

Another tip widely approved from sellers is a “Refuse order”: if buyer orders without reading instructions, without contating you, asking for something you can’t really provide, or something violating Fiverr TOS or (worse) national laws, seller suffer for the cancellation he must ask; introducing a “Refuse order” button sellers could have the opportunity to dismiss the order without any penalization and without adding a cancellation to the tally.

So, adding this button, the order is not complete until the seller doesn’t accept it!

Some buyer could not be happy (think about fast delivery gigs), but I hope that eery buyer contacts seller before placing an order to verify queue and discuss options…

Finally, after the launch of iPhone app, we are experimenting a lot of “ordered by mistake, please cancel” because it seems pretty easy to touch ORDER button; so we’re are asking a second step, a confirmation the user should go through, just to be sure the order was not accidental…

Reply to @mark74: Yes, there has to be a way for sellers to refuse an order when the buyer does not read the gig description.

Today, a buyer actually rejected my delivery and cursed at me and then called me a part of the female anatomy. I felt that if I had delivered the order, he was going to give negative feedback for his negative attitude. A cancellation was better, but he clearly did not read my gig description and tried to take advantage of me.

Reply to @hotwebideas: Well, usually offensive language is not tolerated so I think that at least a warning will be written on buyer account.

But this is my thought, just my thought 😃

You know Bruce, if we want to have a clean forum and a clean site, we must help sheriffs and CS to keep it clean… it’s a matter of everyone.

Do you agree?

Reply to @videoconcepts: you can find dozens threads about this, 'cause cancellations are one of the biggest problems we’re experimenting from long time, more in the last periods for the presence of many scammers too!!

The launch of iPhone app didn’t help 😦

So, believe me, such problems have been already discussed and forwarded to editors and such petitions have been already started and signed, but nothing happened (till now).

Anyway Bruce idea is good, 'cause we can let Fiverr team to know that we still are waiting for new rules and features to solve this real problem!

Reply to @mark74: My assumption for a lack of solution on Fiverr’s part is that the sellers pay nothing to belong to this website, so technically, we are not customers and Fiverr is not losing any money if a seller leaves, but then again, Fiverr is losing money from no sales when a seller leaves Fiverr and I know a few who already have because of this unprofessional policy.

This is a mix of good and not so good ideas.

I would never want a “shiny button” to be out there during what is already the natural time for buyer’s remorse. I don’t even want someone to think it should be that EASY.

Further this is a solution that merely pushes the problem to the next level.

Buyer orders.

Buyer is experiencing buyers remorse.

Time passes, I complete order.

Buyer comes back and says, "I was logging in to press the “change my mind button” now what?"

Still have to cancel the order.

As far as an order refused button, I think there is some sound basis for that. Because at least the refusal button is putting the authority to cancel in the hands of the person who stands to benefit financially. So they’re motivated NOT to press it.

I do see abuses for this as well.

Someone who gets a flood of work, just cancels the ones they cannot get to by refusal.

----

All of this is about the fact that cancellation rates impact levels (sometimes ratings if forced) and are displayed to buyers.

To which I say, clearly the system is flawed. So it is upon as as sellers to explain it. The cancellation rate will ALWAYS be part of the story and not all of the story. Just as rating is SOME but not all of the story.

I understand the consumer protection value of showing buyers a cancellation rate. And I do understand the problems.

but none of the solutions offered are actually better than the current situation.

----

To remind, the problem with “less” punative cancellations is that they become the preferred way to cancel even if not relevant.

For example, sellers now PLEAD with very rude, crude and obtuse buyers (the rare ones of course, but real nonetheless) to do a mutual cancellation. Because a “forced cancellation” hurts MORE.

Once there is this “Changed Mine” or “Rejected” cancellation. It will become the new way to cancel.

For all those proposing that, are you OKAY with that rate being shown? Are you okay with that impacting the “search power” of your gig?

Is there not something to be said for an industry sector that has excessive amounts of “double mindedness?” Is there not something to be said for a seller who has two or three times more “changed minds” Or “mutual cancels” than another?

Ultimately the best defense against all these problems is more sales…not more ways to cancel sales.

hotwebideas said: We all know, as sellers, that Fiverr needs to improve their mutual cancellation policy.

Their policy has changed and generally it has changed for the better.

My only complaint is I wish there were a way to mutually cancel and KEEP feedback, as well as, mutually cancel and remove feedback.

Second, we all know their policy will change...over time. Nothing on fiverr has remained. And generally the trend on fiverr has been for the better.

My thoughts on these so called interventions are well known at this point.

anarchofighter said: Once there is this "Changed Mine" or "Rejected" cancellation. It will become the new way to cancel.

For all those proposing that, are you OKAY with that rate being shown? Are you okay with that impacting the "search power" of your gig?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough: "Changed my mind" and "Refuse order" must not be counted as cancellations! Simply, the order is removed, funds get back to buyer and everything goes on just like nothing happened!!

If this becomes true, I agree to show cancellation ratio on seller page, 'cause this number shows real cancellations the seller had, not the fake ones!

anarchofighter said: Buyer orders.

Buyer is experiencing buyers remorse.

Time passes, I complete order.

Buyer comes back and says, "I was logging in to press the "change my mind button" now what?"

Ordered by mistake should be available for (eg) one hour: if buyer orders by mistake, probably he will hit this button immediately, in some minute, don't you think?

If he doesn't hit the button on time, buyer won't be able to cancel the order anymore and get refunded... sounds reasonable to me...

Archived