Sellers with common set of samples

ruxandradraws

Hi!

Whenever I’m in a slow business zone I try to update my gigs, do some research,etc. That’s how today, searching for “vector” to see what results will Fiverr come up with, I find not two, not three,…but six different users from different countries (including USA), different levels(including lv2) with the same set of samples.

Why? For God sake, why? They all trace logos so…it’s something they all seem capable of doing anyway, why can’t you instead of copying say…trace something?

Btw, only one of them has thought about changing the order of those samples so he has a different cover then the rest of them.

Obviously, the implicit question here is why Fiverr approves this. Also, I’m bringing this up because I feel this kind of attitude promotes a wrong message to the buyers so in the long term, it concerns us all in some way.

ruxandradraws said: Obviously, the implicit question here is why Fiverr approves this. Also, I'm bringing this up because I feel this kind of attitude promotes a wrong message to the buyers so in the long term, it concerns us all in some way.
Fiverr allows anything that will make them money until they can get in trouble (lose money) because of it.

Yes, it does look bad, it's unethical and in most cases, it's illegal. But, you also have to keep in mind that there are nearly as many shady buyers as there are sellers. Many buyers don't care if they are purchasing stolen goods. They buy things because they are cheap and have a similar mentality mentioned above - as long as they can get away with it, they're happy.

You can report any copied gigs to Customer Support, but keep in mind, you can't be sure who originally created the gig/samples, or even if any of them are authentic.

Reply to @itsyourthing: Let me put it this way, yes, I know buyers are human too. But I feel like Fiverr could-in time and with minimum effort- correct this attitude, by punishing both sellers and buyers who one way or another promote this mentality.

Wouldn’t be nice to have this place cleaned up a bit? I’m sure there would be a complete niche of buyers and sellers that for now avoid this place but would want to transfer their business here.

I can’t report anything to anyone, specially since nobody cares.

Reply to @ruxandradraws: It would be lovely, but Fiverr tends to not put in any effort. Not even when it will make them even more money.

For the record, I agree with you completely. But trying to convince a multi-million dollar corporation to make changes for the greater good is as fruitless as telling politicians they should work for the people who elected them. One can only ‘vote’ with money. It’s just grossly unfortunate that to get any message through to Fiverr, sellers lose their earnings too.

The only thing that may make Fiverr care is if buyers let them know that they will take their spending elsewhere, and why. They only ‘hear’ dollar signs.

Reply to @ruxandradraws: There is a “contact support” link at the top of this page. But an easier way is to email support@fiverr.com and just include your username and link to the gigs that contain duplicate copy.

I want to say Fiverr will sort it out, but that’s doubtful. At least there’s a tiny chance they will take notice.

I totally understand not looking to waste any more energy on Fiverr, but at least sending an email to support might help more than just commiserating with fellow users on the forum. 🙂

Archived