Sellers with double identities giving themselves 5 star ratings

jazzbugg

So I have a seller wanting to do a service for me, even though the service he’s offering isn’t what I put out a request for, and isn’t something on his list of services.

Then I notice he has only one review, and its very good - 5 stars.

Then I notice the guy that gave him the review looks a bit like him, is offering identical services to him, and has a personal description worded EXTREMELY similarly to his. Its clearly the same guy with 2 identities giving himself a 5 star rating.

Is this commonplace? Serves yet again only to undermine confidence in buying from Fiverr.

I have seen it before. However, I would not say it is commonplace. A buyer anywhere needs to be a savvy shopper. You have discovered someone who is dishonest, and whom with you may not want to do business. It can be that way in a brick and mortar store or with an online store too. It is a buyer beware world.

Guest offlinehelpers

So I have a seller wanting to do a service for me, even though the service he’s offering isn’t what I put out a request for, and isn’t something on his list of services.

Then I notice he has only one review, and its very good - 5 stars.

Then I notice the guy that gave him the review looks a bit like him, is offering identical services to him, and has a personal description worded EXTREMELY similarly to his. Its clearly the same guy with 2 identities giving himself a 5 star rating.

Is this commonplace? Serves yet again only to undermine confidence in buying from Fiverr.

Could be, or it could be a seller outsourcing?

Serves yet again only to undermine confidence in buying from Fiverr.

Pick somebody else to order from! ☀️

It isn’t commonplace for the simple reason that you actually make a loss by doing this.

You may think that paying money to yourself means that you gain a review without losing any money but this doesn’t take into account the 20% that fiverr takes or the withdrawal fees.

Every time a person buys their own gig to gain good reviews, they lose money so in the end it isn’t worth it and it isn’t very common.

Archived