Fiverr Community Forum

Selling an extra results in late delivery

Hi everyone,
I got the following experience.

1. Buyer purchased a regular gig, I delivered on time
  2. Buyer requested for a revision after 2 days. I delivered right after.
  3. Buyer purchased an extra which has a duration of 1 day. The gig results #LATE, I get warning all over the place, including messages and emails, warning me of how much being late can affect my performance

I have requested to the buyer to extend the delivery time and the buyer was kind enough to accept. Although I am not sure that this process can be recorded as a “bug”, it is definitely a wrong logic, as if a buyer purchases an extra after having requested one or two revisions, the order will always result #LATE.

Looking forward to hearing more on this. Hope the feedback can help to improve.
Andrea

4 Likes

If the original order was delivered on time, you’re fine. Nonetheless, for some reason, Fiverr will have the big LATE# showing at the top of the order. It does not affect your stats, it is not a 🪲, but it is disconcerting! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I didn’t just get that - that happens all the time and it’s fine, we are all used to it. I also got the warning as per the picture here below.

2 Likes

Hmm, I have never seen that. But then I always pad my delivery time by one day.

3 Likes

Yes, me too. But as mentioned, then the order was delayed due to revision, and then when the buyer purchased the extra the order automatically resulted as late - and resulted also in me getting that warning.

I hope the issue is clear - I am not sure how to better explain that this is due to a buyer purchasing an extra in an order delayed for revisions.

2 Likes

I just had the exact same experience. I’m so sad, I was days away from becoming a level one seller. This must be a bug? My order got marked late as soon as the buyer accepted the gig extra, after i had delivered the order.

3 Likes

What’s the issue?

One late delivery?

Wow.

That’s sure gonna wreck your perfect record, isn’t it?

Seriously, a late order is no big deal.

I’ve delivered late and had no issues as long as you deliver on time for most of the following orders the late one gets buried in the past and forgotten.

1 Like

I think we are just trying to report a bug here, and not quite whining about having an order marked as late :wink:

I don’t know what was your experience @monboo, but at the end my order was not marked as late, so I guess things somewhere in the backend are still tracking things correctly

6 Likes

@andreacerio sure, I’ll walk you through my experience. I definitely got marked late, which was a bummer since I’m relatively new, and a small bean in the fiverr community - I was a few days from levelling up so it was just a bit of a downer.

I successfully delivered an order early at about 11am, after which I send a gig extra offer and set the time to one day.

The NEXT day at around 9:30 am, the buyer accepts the offer and I am hit with a “Late” email at 11:18 am – so from the point of the buyer ACCEPTING and initiating the gig extra to the expected delivery time, that is just over 2 hours.

Extending the time period of the offer isn’t really a solution: let’s say you send a gig extra offer to a buyer with a 3-day length, for example, and if the buyer accepts after 2 days and 23 hours, then you have one hour to fulfill the order. If you don’t deliver with 1 hour, the delivery is marked late.

I don’t understand the logic to this functionality. If I tell someone I’ll do a certain amount of work and I’ll take one day to do it, then I need that persons confirmation, permission, and (in this case) payment to start the work and therefore START that one-day countdown.

There are many forum postings about this bug that buyers are unfairly stumbling into. Everyone has reached the same conclusion: this is a bug with fiverr that is not being fixed, so the solution is to REVOKE all active offers in an order, NOT offer any gig extras, deliver a fake order immediately, OR offer a gig extra and set the days to the maximum number. This awkward functionality that is penalizing buyers unfairly seems like it could be solved by starting the timeline countdown the moment the buyer gives consent to the work by accepting and paying.

Having received any substantial response from fiverr, but there are several forum postings that are parsing this issue. Excited to learn what everyone’s thoughts and experiences with this are.

1 Like

@monboo sorry to hear that - this shouldn’t happen. Hopefully sooner or later they will fix it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Every time I add an “extra” I wind up with a late penalty- every single time. Because when the client finally asks for revisions or accepts the offer, (which is based on the original due-date,) it’s already late. It’s a bad system. From now on, when I offer the extra, I will make the due date for the “extra” a week or at least 4 days out, and I’ll communicate to the buyer why. I had 100% delivery for the longest time and then- pow! It doesn’t feel fair or good.

1 Like

It’s not a bug. It’s the way the system is set up. They made a system work a certain way without taking into account that you might need to send an extra halfway through the order while the time is being counted from the moment the order becomes active.

I’ve run into this problem 4 years ago, reported it and CS told me to “add more days to the extra to avoid the issue”.

1 Like

It is not a problem… This late will not be count if you delivery after 1 month too…after Revision Late time show in the time line but it will not be effect in your order or on time dalivery rate…so dont worry about it.

1 Like

@chris_ld you’re liking every post in every topic that I can see today. Of course you can do whatever makes you happy. But just FYI it does absolutely nothing apart from potentially earn you a forum badge which also does absolutely nothing.

1 Like