Selling copyrighted content?

wpseoguy

Hey guys,

According to the subject title of this thread, actually that’s not what i’m doing and in NO-WAY, I plan to do this. I simply had a question and needed opinion or clear answers from a moderator on here…

Actually, there are tons of POPULAR gigs on fiverr that currently sell copyrighted content. Like: movies, plugins, softwares, videos, tutorials, etc.

Those are EASY TO FIND, they are HIGH RATED, and they get HUNDREDS OF ORDERS… The owners of these check out fiverr a lot and I recently reported a wordpress plugin that was selling on here to the official owner, he told me he filled out a complaint and got no answer?

Are the moderators on fiverr shutting down those gigs? And if not… WHY?! :o

Thank you,

Jean-Michel Mailhot 😛

fiverr.com/wpseoguy

The Fiverr Editorial team are always reviewing gigs that fall out side of the terms of service framework. If you believe something really does violate the terms of service by selling good that ARE copyright protected the best thing to do is give the customer services team a heads up

Best regards

Wayne

Already reported a few ones to the official owners as well as on here. We both filled out the fiverr customer support form and got no answers?

We got an answer for one of them and they said they were “investigating” it… But it’s been 2 months since they were “investigating” it. And the gig is STILL LIVE!

• 3 months later...

I´ve once reported someone by writing the customer support.

I quickly got an email back.

" Hi there,

The category is okay. It’s the closest thing for now at least. 🙂

We’re looking into this seller and will take action as needed.

Kind regards,

Max"

Yes they do something, but not all gigs are obviously selling copyrighted content. In my case they were cropped images where the seller claimed to "write on her boobs or bum"

I saw that the images were horrible photoshopped and did a reverse image search via Google. One of the images was from a P0rnstar, the other one from some barely known girl.

• 7 months later...
Guest imagemode

I have found two gigs that not only sell pirated copies of my copyrighted eBook, but they even use MY copyrighted website sales page to advertise MY book!

One has been taken down because the seller foolishly included another product from a big name business. I took the easy way out, told them about it, and with their big name influence they had it offline in one day, including my book.

The process of sending MCPAs is time consuming, and sites such as fiverr could save copyright owners the hassle of completing and sending complex documents. In my case, all they would have to do when infringements are reported is to click on the website where I have been selling my book for well over a year.

Archived