Selling on fiver and PIPEDA and other personal info (Legal question)

bsjprod1166

I have a question, I am aware I would probably need to seek legal advice before selling on fiver, but where I live in Canada and when dealing with my personal website their is a law called PIPEDA where organizations running a business in my country is obligated to keep my business practices account to these laws, my issue is when using fiver, since its not my website, nor do I handle clients personal info directly im wondering if these laws still apply, then I wonder if there are other countries that have other laws that I have to be obligated to make sure I follow. what I mean is when handing a customer from a certain country generally those countries have laws that business have to comply with when handling personal info or general info when dealing with them. I hope I can find a resolution so I can start using fiver without worrying about these issues.

Guest offlinehelpers

We explained to you yesterday - Fiverr takes everything like that out of our hands - you don’t need to worry about it.

All you need to know is their username - nothing else.

We work within Fiverr’s rules, not our own countries’ rules, so it’s all good. ☀️

I have a question, I am aware I would probably need to seek legal advice before selling on fiver, but where I live in Canada and when dealing with my personal website their is a law called PIPEDA where organizations running a business in my country is obligated to keep my business practices account to these laws, my issue is when using fiver, since its not my website, nor do I handle clients personal info directly im wondering if these laws still apply, then I wonder if there are other countries that have other laws that I have to be obligated to make sure I follow. what I mean is when handing a customer from a certain country generally those countries have laws that business have to comply with when handling personal info or general info when dealing with them. I hope I can find a resolution so I can start using fiver without worrying about these issues.

I hope I can find a resolution so I can start using fiver without worrying about these issues.

As offlinehelpers said, this site is an international site. You are using this site’s selling platform. Because 1. it is an international website, and 2. It is not YOUR own personal site, all the local things you are worrying about do not apply to you.

I can assure you that since I have been selling here for over five years, there has not been one time I have had to concern myself with the types of laws you are talking about. Most of the time I have no idea what country a buyer is in, nor do I care.

• 4 weeks later...

One of my buyer request for this. Is it legal? Do I accept his offer? Please let me know. I am a new seller and I want to work here with my honesty.

Hi kumar,
i need to know when it is start your posibilities to following things,
i have a domain and site of directory ,
www.domainname.com
i need to download (extrat,scrape ) other sites data and upload it via cmv or xml,
so do you have data scrape system ?
otherwise i send you download manager software ,so please try our scrape following sites
site link
site link
site link
site link
site link
site link
those one of site can easy to scrape let me knows i will order your service,
Thanks kumar

I’ve been working as a web developer and graphic designer for many years, freelancing and working for a variety of different clients. I like to consider myself as a WordPress expert! I fix website problems, errors, issues, bug or whatever you call it. So, I do not understand what type of job my buyer offer to me!

I don’t think it is ethical to do this and you shouldn’t in my opinion. It sounds like he already knows how to do it so why doesn’t he do it himself? He even has the software so ask yourself why he doesn’t do it himself?

Obviously he wants an exact duplicate of a site. So do not do it.

Whether it’s legal or not depends on the country and on the terms of service of each website. Also, will he use the scraped data for legal or illegal purposes? Can you know for sure?

If you don’t have the permission from all the website owners from the list to do web scraping, you could get into trouble. It’s best not to do it.

Whether it’s legal or not depends on the country and on the terms of service of each website. Also, will he use the scraped data for legal or illegal purposes? Can you know for sure?

If you don’t have the permission from all the website owners from the list to do web scraping, you could get into trouble. It’s best not to do it.

Maybe he do not have any permission to do web scraping from the list.

• 2 months later...

Archived