Selling on Fiverr is the same game as selling on Amazon. KEYWORDS!

nafissalauddin

Thank you for reading this. Here’s my situation -

I have been on the buyer’s side of the fiverr for a while now. But earlier today I opened a gig to start helping people with creating their Shopify store. The reason why I decided to offer my service is because over time I have created and built numerous Shopify stores for my own businesses. I am a passionate entrepreneur so I usually spend my days listening to podcasts and reading blogs about how to market and scale e-commerce, shopify apps, other e-retail related news and etc. So I thought why not give it a shot.

I am a patient person and I know it takes time and effort to achieve things. And I am not expecting to wake up next day and see 100 orders pending on my fiverr. However, what I am a little surprised about is the amount of impressions I noticed my gig got. Which is basically 0 !! Now as you may know without impression you are basically selling your service in a ghost town. Having ideas about keywords, I optimized my gig to attract clicks based on the service I am offering. Still no impression…

Any tips from anybody who has been or is still in my position will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have been on the buyer’s side of the fiverr for a while now. But earlier today I opened a gig to start helping people with creating their Shopify store. The reason why I decided to offer my service is because over time I have created and built numerous Shopify stores for my own businesses. I am a passionate entrepreneur so I usually spend my days listening to podcasts and reading blogs about how to market and scale e-commerce, shopify apps, other e-retail related news and etc. So I thought why not give it a shot.

I am a patient person and I know it takes time and effort to achieve things. And I am not expecting to wake up next day and see 100 orders pending on my fiverr. However, what I am a little surprised about is the amount of impressions I noticed my gig got. Which is basically 0 !! Now as you may know without impression you are basically selling your service in a ghost town. Having ideas about keywords, I optimized my gig to attract clicks based on the service I am offering. Still no impression…

Any tips from anybody who has been or is still in my position will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Now as you may know without impression you are basically selling your service in a ghost town.

False. You do not need impressions on this site to be successful. Figure out who your customers, where they are located, and go tell them about your services. It is extraordinarily lazy to expect other people – to expect the Fiverr search engine – to be your only source of traffic. Get out there and FIND your customers (just like every other business has to do). 😉

Now as you may know without impression you are basically selling your service in a ghost town.

False. You do not need impressions on this site to be successful. Figure out who your customers, where they are located, and go tell them about your services. It is extraordinarily lazy to expect other people – to expect the Fiverr search engine – to be your only source of traffic. Get out there and FIND your customers (just like every other business has to do). 😉

By “extraordinarily lazy” if you are indicating me then I am not sure if you read my entire post. Nowhere did I mention I am relying solely on Fiverr’s algorithm to find me leads. I understand the grinds it takes to find sales. I see you are preaching this in a lot of other topics too. It’s good advise for people it applies to. But not me. Thanks anyway 🙂

Thanks

earlier today I opened a gig

what I am a little surprised about is the amount of impressions I noticed my gig got. Which is basically 0 !!

As you must know, it takes some time, a few days at least, to start getting impressions on your gig.

You won’t get them the same day you create it.

what I am a little surprised about is the amount of impressions I noticed my gig got. Which is basically 0 !!

As you must know, it takes some time, a few days at least, to start getting impressions on your gig.

92285_1.png misscrystal:

Thank you ! Appreciate it.

I know these seems unfair, but at $115, you first sale may never come.

I make quite a living on Fiverr, but the first 10 orders I did for $5 each - projects which took me 2 to 6 hours to complete. It took just a week to get those orders because the amount work I was promising for $5 was absurd.

Once I got that level-1 badge, I put my prices at something fair (many times higher than $5), but that early work is what made it possible.

I’m sure your work is worth well more than $115, but with no reviews, I wager than no one will be willing to take a chance on you.

I make quite a living on Fiverr, but the first 10 orders I did for $5 each - projects which took me 2 to 6 hours to complete. It took just a week to get those orders because the amount work I was promising for $5 was absurd.

Once I got that level-1 badge, I put my prices at something fair (many times higher than $5), but that early work is what made it possible.

I’m sure your work is worth well more than $115, but with no reviews, I wager than no one will be willing to take a chance on you.

I know what you mean and I have thought about it too when I was creating the gig. I will probably lower the rate soon. But pricing your product/service can be tricky. Fixing it too low can make a potential buyer question the authenticity of the seller. Considering I personally have been in the recipient’s end of scam many times in here.

Also I have noticed that it mentions I have been on Fiverr since 2016. Well I have, but I only started selling today. This can also be a turn off for a visitor wondering how I don’t have a single review in almost 2 years.

As selfors said, it is a slow process of first getting good reviews before you can charge more.

I have been here five years and spent over two years at first mostly doing $5 orders, and still do them sometimes. You have to be willing to do work worth much more and basically giving it away for a while for only $5 before you can raise your prices.

By “extraordinarily lazy” if you are indicating me then I am not sure if you read my entire post. Nowhere did I mention I am relying solely on Fiverr’s algorithm to find me leads. I understand the grinds it takes to find sales. I see you are preaching this in a lot of other topics too. It’s good advise for people it applies to. But not me. Thanks anyway 🙂

Perhaps you did not accurately read my response. 😉

I know what you mean and I have thought about it too when I was creating the gig. I will probably lower the rate soon. But pricing your product/service can be tricky. Fixing it too low can make a potential buyer question the authenticity of the seller. Considering I personally have been in the recipient’s end of scam many times in here.

Also I have noticed that it mentions I have been on Fiverr since 2016. Well I have, but I only started selling today. This can also be a turn off for a visitor wondering how I don’t have a single review in almost 2 years.

I was on Fiverr since 2014 as a buyer, but I only started selling in January. I don’t want to share what I make now, but I am certainly in the 95th percentile around here. In other words, for me, it was worth the sacrifice. (My wife thought I was crazy to work 50 hours in a week on a side hustle paying a total of $50.)

To keep buyers from thinking you’re odd for being so cheap, explain in your gig, “This offer is for 10 to 20 hours worth of work for $5. Why does that make sense for me? Because Fiverr is the #1 freelance platform in the world, and your 5-star rating will make all the difference for me here.”

I was on Fiverr since 2014 as a buyer, but I only started selling in January. I don’t want to share what I make now, but I am certainly in the 95th percentile around here. In other words, for me, it was worth the sacrifice. (My wife thought I was crazy to work 50 hours in a week on a side hustle paying a total of $50.)

To keep buyers from thinking you’re odd for being so cheap, explain in your gig, “This offer is for 10 to 20 hours worth of work for $5. Why does that make sense for me? Because Fiverr is the #1 freelance platform in the world, and your 5-star rating will make all the difference for me here.”

You are actually giving the tips I would probably pay to hear. Thank you !!

In addition to what the others have said, I suggest that you consider creating a couple of other gigs with Shopify related services. This can work towards your credibility and give you a place where you can do smaller jobs at a lower price and give people the chance to “test you out”.

In addition to what the others have said, I suggest that you consider creating a couple of other gigs with Shopify related services. This can work towards your credibility and give you a place where you can do smaller jobs at a lower price and give people the chance to “test you out”.

As we speak, I am actually creating another gig to offer customizations of already created Shopify stores.

I took the same approach when I started. My goal wasn’t revenues. My goal was to level up fast and rack up a lot of 5-star reviews. I did $5 projects until I made level 2. Then, I steadily raised my prices.

Like @selfors, I make a good living from Fiverr. But, before I could charge what I was worth I had to earn the trust of the market.

I took the same approach when I started. My goal wasn’t revenues. My goal was to level up fast and rack up a lot of 5-star reviews. I did $5 projects until I made level 2. Then, I steadily raised my prices.

Like @selfors, I make a good living from Fiverr. But, before I could charge what I was worth I had to earn the trust of the market.

Indeed you do make a good living. You have TRS and Pro badges. I sort of star struck (mostly by the TRS badge, and the number of ratings). And I notice you have one of only handful of Pro gigs that has more than a handful (or any) reviews. If I could ask, was that a Pro gig when you launched it, or did they add the badge to an existing gig?

Indeed you do make a good living. You have TRS and Pro badges. I sort of star struck (mostly by the TRS badge, and the number of ratings). And I notice you have one of only handful of Pro gigs that has more than a handful (or any) reviews. If I could ask, was that a Pro gig when you launched it, or did they add the badge to an existing gig?

I currently have 2 Pro gigs. I created them both specifically for the Pro program. Pro buyers seem less likely to leave reviews. I’m not sure why.

I currently have 2 Pro gigs. I created them both specifically for the Pro program. Pro buyers seem less likely to leave reviews. I’m not sure why.

They feel as if they are hiring someone who is so well vetted that it is not needed by you and it is extra work by them and since they paid more, they don’t do extra work. They are above the usual requirements, they feel.

It’s probably sour grapes on my part, because I was not selected to be a Pro, but it seems as though the Pro program overall hasn’t produced the sales Fiverr may have anticipated. It has probably been a boon to a few individual sellers, but most of the gigs still don’t have many ratings - or even any.

It’s probably sour grapes on my part, because I was not selected to be a Pro, but it seems as though the Pro program overall hasn’t produced the sales Fiverr may have anticipated. It has probably been a boon to a few individual sellers, but most of the gigs still don’t have many ratings - or even any.

I’m not sure how well it is working yet. I think it is a move in the right direction, but I think more needs to be done to rebrand the “Pro” level services. I think it has boosted sales on my non-Pro gigs. But, I don’t think it is yet attracting the type of bigger-budget companies Fiverr was hoping for. I have experimented a lot with pricing over the years. I have never had much traction getting people to buy a gig priced more than $200-$300 as a first purchase.

But, since I have had my own freelance writing business outside of Fiverr for six years, and as a former business owner who used freelancers, i know that there are lots of companies with the budgets to buy more expensive services if they trust the reputation of the freelancer. Fiverr just isn’t attracting these businesses to the platform yet. i suspect that the service charges and awkward communication system of the platform may be off-putting to bigger companies.

While i don’t really know what criteria is used to determine who is made a Pro seller, i would hope they would make you a Pro at some point. You provide a valuable service that is underrepresented on the platform. You obviously deliver high quality results.

They feel as if they are hiring someone who is so well vetted that it is not needed by you and it is extra work by them and since they paid more, they don’t do extra work. They are above the usual requirements, they feel.

That’s probably true. I used to do a lot of outreach with my gig deliveries telling buyers how important ratings are to sellers. But, i haven’t done that in a couple of years. I should probably try and see if that outreach makes a difference to buyers of the Pro gigs.

Archived