Sells dropped dramatically after I added a video

hrmahib1994

It’s only been five days. Be patient. New gigs rarely become popular overnight.

And I doubt it was a result of you adding a video to your gig.

If you are relying on the Fiverr marketplace to bring in all your sales (something I don’t recommend – be sure to promote elsewhere online as well!), the system rotates based upon a complicated algorithm. You will have stretches of many sales, and periods of none. It’s how business works – all business, not just on Fiverr.

Reply to @jonbaas: I understand your point, but the thing is my gig is not new… I have been providing it for the last 2 years and I have hundred’s of sales with excellent reviews. I do promote on social media and it had been working great for me. I am not sure if I did something wrong recently or is it because Halloween is near. I am just a little bit concerned.

Reply to @hrmahib1994:

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Sales come, and sales go – no matter how long a seller has been producing gigs.

As I understand it, Fiverr has improved their marketplace “ranking” algorithm. Your gigs may have been affected. Just keep providing great services, promote wherever your customers are, and things are likely to improve again over time. No matter how long we provide a product or service, there is no guarantee that it will remain as popular as it was when we first started out, nor are we guaranteed a top spot in the marketplace.

All businesses have to adapt to the changing market. Its a fact of life in the business world – whether you’re Ford selling automobiles, or a seller selling a great service here on Fiver. Things change. You just have to find ways to change with the changes. 🙂

Archived