Fiverr Forum

Send Message to All of the Previous Buyers

Hello there!

It will be good if Fiverr makes it possible, with one click, to send message to all of the previous buyers. The same can be applied to all of the people a seller has had correspondence with in the past.

This will help communications with new products, seasonal offers and special deals.

Dont’cha think so?

Untagged

I personally have no reason to contact previous buyers as once they buy from me, their family tree is started and delivered. In my delivery I always ask them to share my gig with other family members and friends otherwise our business is completed. I agree I wouldn’t want a lot of spam which I already get.

`

why not limit sendings to earlier buyers to something like 1 mail per month…?

and maybe let them email sellers too…

give and take. and of course one can opt out after every new gig one have bought…

I wouldn’t count on that happening. Spam issue aside (And I get a lot of spam messages LOL), Fiverr has a strict no contact outside the site policy.

The ability to send mass messages would make that “No-No” way to easy to do.

No, the original post didn’t say that. But what I mean by my post is that if mass-messages were allowed, someone would take advantage of it.

I’ve had people send me messages on how to contact them outside Fiverr which I just ignore. Now, if that person who messaged me was somehow able to message everyone they’ve had dealings with all at once. That’s where the problem would lie.

Having to message 1 person at a time would be way too time consuming for people looking for outside contact. But sending one mass message to everyone would be very easy.

And, when you have enough buyers, you will have some you NEVER want to contact again :slight_smile: LOL Trust me on that one.

Reply to anarchofighter:, I have had clients like that where I was so grateful they only had one family tree to start

anarchofighter, that’s the truth. “Lose my number buddy” and “Don’t call me I’ll call you” come to mind. haha

bwahahaha that is funny, call me Maybe

Ehhh. That opens the door to spamming customers and no one wants that. That would ultimately drive customers away than help drive them in.

I think this would be widely abused and really annoying.

Reply to elliott22x: I think spam is already an issue on the site no need to exscaberate it

And until or unless we can ACTUALLY delete messages out of our box and “new message” counter on Fiverr, I would NEVER want this feature FIRST.

I hate the message I can’t even archive.

Now if they had a message system like email platforms where we could create folders and file messages in folders that would be great

Maybe make this a feature only for LV2 or higher sellers that have proven themselves to be non-spammers or something?

I think this would be a great feature for people like me who often have to pause their gig for a time when I’m too busy…When I am ready to unpause it I can notify my previous customers that I’m ready for more work.

I agree, however, that Fiverr would have to implement it in a way to protect everyone from excessive spam.

I’ve been thinking of this too. Due to a large volume of orders, I once closed one of my gigs. Later after few days when I completed those orders, I re-opened it only to find out that my buyers went to another sellers. I wanted to message them and let them know that I’m back again…

I had suggested this to fiverr tech support last month on october 23rd. But all I got was what’s below::

Jacky - Fiverr’s Customer Support Team, Oct 23 05:10 (IST):

Hi Tanlee,

Thanks for sharing that with us. I have forwarded your suggestion to our product manager.

I vote no to any type of mass SPAM like messaging. I am also a Buyer here and would not want my Inbox filled up like that.

I hate spam and I know Fiverr does too. I don’t think they’ll ever implement that. Some people got penalized for contacting people in bulk about ordering their gig.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.