Send out buyer requests everyday without a single order

mintvideos

I take it upon myself to send out buyer requests as soon as it is opened everyday and I am always online yet the only notification I get on my phone is whenever my battery is running low. I wonder what is happening. And I believe my gigs aren’t bad in terms of reviews and all. What can I do to get more conversions?

Its normal for that to happen and it’s happening to me too but we just need to keep sending it

I guess we do. I just keep trying to motivate myself and not thinking about it. I just try as hard as I can to writ a good pitch every time I respond to a request. But I could use some conversions honestly…lol

Same here! You can see how many offers get sent very quickly so the Buyers can choose their favourite. Hopefully you’ll get one soon! I’m waiting too 😆

I always ensure I send as fast as I can even sometimes being the first or second seller to send an offer but I wonder why they are skipping me for the ones coming after me. Guess they just don’t like my face. :rofl:

I always ensure I send as fast as I can even sometimes being the first or second seller to send an offer but I wonder why they are skipping me for the ones coming after me. Guess they just don’t like my face. :rofl:

Yep, that’s happened to me too! I guess when everyone is watching the Buyers Request section, the Buyer gets the best selection from Sellers. Keep trying, you’ll get one! 👏

When I sent out buyer requests, I only got answered 10% (this is 1 year ago). I built a good relationship with one of these buyers and asked him about it. He told me he received a lot of answers, so much he didn’t know how to choose. He chose me because I was one of the first to answer and because I was more expensive than the others, so my answer stood out from the others. He told me that most of the answers were very very very cheap, so he got the impression that he was going to get ripped off.

You have 4 sells in 2 months that’s great. You will have more.

Yes yes…I just even got active this month. I got a flurry of activities in one week and after that everything just went silent. But I’m hoping I’d get more as you said.

When I sent out buyer requests, I only got answered 10% (this is 1 year ago). I built a good relationship with one of these buyers and asked him about it. He told me he received a lot of answers, so much he didn’t know how to choose. He chose me because I was one of the first to answer and because I was more expensive than the others, so my answer stood out from the others. He told me that most of the answers were very very very cheap, so he got the impression that he was going to get ripped off.

This is a great insight. One thing I try to do is strike a balance and finding the middle ground charging too high and charging too low. It seems that competitive pricing is becoming a myth on Fiverr. No body wants to hire someone too low.

This is a great insight. One thing I try to do is strike a balance and finding the middle ground charging too high and charging too low. It seems that competitive pricing is becoming a myth on Fiverr. No body wants to hire someone too low.

And you will find surprisingly that the more you charge (up to a certain balance of course) the more orders you get and the best customers too. WIth cheap orders, you get customers who want always more and more and for free, they don’t value your work. With expensive orders, customers value your work, they are willing to pay more for your best effort.

When you are new, you have to accept orders for little money, you have to establish first a reputation. But when you have some 5-star reviews, you’ll want to increase your prices, offer value and forget about buyer requests. 🙂

And you will find surprisingly that the more you charge (up to a certain balance of course) the more orders you get and the best customers too. WIth cheap orders, you get customers who want always more and more and for free, they don’t value your work. With expensive orders, customers value your work, they are willing to pay more for your best effort.

When you are new, you have to accept orders for little money, you have to establish first a reputation. But when you have some 5-star reviews, you’ll want to increase your prices, offer value and forget about buyer requests. 🙂

Maybe it’s time to jack up my price a little. Most of my 4 orders have just been plain daylight intellectual robbery. I am ashamed to remember what some people have gotten for a feel dollars from me. #LamentationsOfANewbie

I take it upon myself to send out buyer requests as soon as it is opened everyday and I am always online yet the only notification I get on my phone is whenever my battery is running low. I wonder what is happening. And I believe my gigs aren’t bad in terms of reviews and all. What can I do to get more conversions?

What can I do to get more conversions?

I haven’t seen your offers to the buyer requests, but I’d say that most likely it’s your portfolio.

For $30 you can get a pretty decent template. If you wish to compete with other sellers in this price range then you need to improve your portfolio with your best work.

I assume emojis, clip art and animated text is not your best work 🙂

What can I do to get more conversions?

I haven’t seen your offers to the buyer requests, but I’d say that most likely it’s your portfolio.

For $30 you can get a pretty decent template. If you wish to compete with other sellers in this price range then you need to improve your portfolio with your best work.

I assume emojis, clip art and animated text is not your best work 🙂

Oh well…you are right. Emojis, cliparts and animated texts(kinetic typography) is not my best work. THAT is just my gig video, if you scroll sideways you will of course see something that isn’t just emojis, cliparts and animated texts. Moreover, I haven’t had a lot of orders which would reflect in my portfolio.

Oh well…you are right. Emojis, cliparts and animated texts(kinetic typography) is not my best work. THAT is just my gig video, if you scroll sideways you will of course see something that isn’t just emojis, cliparts and animated texts. Moreover, I haven’t had a lot of orders which would reflect in my portfolio.

Hello,

I viewed your gig and wanted to provide you with a few suggestions that I hope will help.

1. Consider downloading the fiverr app and have it open within a window on your phone even if it’s in the background.

Communication is key and so is availability. When buyers requests are posted, you’ll notice the amount of responses each receive. There are many variables as to why one buyer is selected over another. One of those variables or reasons why you aren’t chosen could be because you don’t show up online…

1. All your gigs are set as packages:

This limits the choices available to some. Some potential clients like the ‘appearance’ of the ability to negotiate, OR add things to an order ala cart. So perhaps consider having one not set up as a package and see how that goes.

2. Don’t be afraid to test the pricing of your packages:

As a seller myself, I took time to test several different things included within the packages I offer. Yes, I do value my work and have an idea of what that ‘value/price’ is… However, within a free market, buyers determine the price of services and/or products. Unless, said company is a monopoly, has limited competitors OR has a huge marketing budget and bankroll…

Social proof holds some weight within the platform, as well as your offer and your price… So even though you have a set price in mind, it’s not a bad idea to have that as your long-term game/strategy. But also find a way to tier or ramp up to it…

Just some thoughts. Keep your head up and don’t get discouraged.

J

Hello,

I viewed your gig and wanted to provide you with a few suggestions that I hope will help.

1. Consider downloading the fiverr app and have it open within a window on your phone even if it’s in the background.

Communication is key and so is availability. When buyers requests are posted, you’ll notice the amount of responses each receive. There are many variables as to why one buyer is selected over another. One of those variables or reasons why you aren’t chosen could be because you don’t show up online…

1. All your gigs are set as packages:

This limits the choices available to some. Some potential clients like the ‘appearance’ of the ability to negotiate, OR add things to an order ala cart. So perhaps consider having one not set up as a package and see how that goes.

2. Don’t be afraid to test the pricing of your packages:

As a seller myself, I took time to test several different things included within the packages I offer. Yes, I do value my work and have an idea of what that ‘value/price’ is… However, within a free market, buyers determine the price of services and/or products. Unless, said company is a monopoly, has limited competitors OR has a huge marketing budget and bankroll…

Social proof holds some weight within the platform, as well as your offer and your price… So even though you have a set price in mind, it’s not a bad idea to have that as your long-term game/strategy. But also find a way to tier or ramp up to it…

Just some thoughts. Keep your head up and don’t get discouraged.

J

This is soooo…helpful. You actually took time to go through my gigs and patiently offered those priceless pieces of advice. I am so grateful. Thanks a bundle. I will dive right into implementing ALL those things you advocated for.

(I have the app and respond as fast as I can though. Don’t know why my response rate flickers between 1 hour and 2 hours).

Thanks again.

I’m sure this is post number 128 advising how a new seller can get his/her first order, but I’m afraid that while a few ( yes, sadly a few) actually have the motivation, patience, etc do actually read through ALL of them, spending hours checking other

successful seller’s gigs and using it as a guideline, then spending another several hours

creating their own gigs, we just keep seeing people post the same thing over and

over again:

Hey I’m new, help me get sales.

9 out 10, when I go check th…

I’m sure this is post number 128 advising how a new seller can get his/her first order, but I’m afraid that while a few ( yes, sadly a few) actually have the motivation, patience, etc do actually read through ALL of them, spending hours checking other successful seller’s gigs and using it as a guideline, then spending another several hours creating their own gigs, we just keep seeing people post the same thing over and over again: Hey I’m new, help me get sales. 9 out 10, when I go check th…

You are right. Most of us new sellers just dive right in without taking time to study successful sellers in our niche. But believe me I can’t tell you how much time I invested into understanding how Fiverr works. I believe it is only natural that we can improving on our gigs and offerings day by day and this is not only applicable to only new sellers.

Archived