Send voice note to pitching presentation

lovelypurnama

I am sorry but your Q is unclear, partly because I think you assume everyone else knows what you do in your thing (a dangerous modern habit, esp in business).

I assume PPT means PowerPoint and by Voice Note Pitching you don’t mean pitching or tuning of your voice as in Voice to MIDI or the dreaded Autotune (which a musician like me will assume) but embedding a voice in a PowerPoint Presentation?

There is apparently a way to do that. Google said so as I was trying to understand your Q.

The Q I would have is that I am not sure why a genuine client would want that if you don’t already have a relationship, they know your voice, and that you are a good presenter already - which I assume not to be the case seeing you appear confused.

If you want to offer Voice Over services on request, sure I guess but it is not as easy as many assume. You have to really be able toe SELL the ideas if it is to work.

If your client is trying to get you to make a voice presentation to pitch your idea to them, they are either Nike or Numpties. I assume the latter.

This seems odd to me as why on earth would they need this unless a) they are a reseller getting you do do all their work for nothing, b) they want you to make a free test document that just so happens to be their job, or c) they are numpties with no clue how hiring a freelancer works (assuming you have a portfolio).

🙂

I am sorry but your Q is unclear, partly because I think you assume everyone else knows what you do in your thing (a dangerous modern habit, esp in business).

I assume PPT means PowerPoint and by Voice Note Pitching you don’t mean pitching or tuning of your voice as in Voice to MIDI or the dreaded Autotune (which a musician like me will assume) but embedding a voice in a PowerPoint Presentation?

There is apparently a way to do that. Google said so as I was trying to understand your Q.

The Q I would have is that I am not sure why a genuine client would want that if you don’t already have a relationship, they know your voice, and that you are a good presenter already - which I assume not to be the case seeing you appear confused.

If you want to offer Voice Over services on request, sure I guess but it is not as easy as many assume. You have to really be able toe SELL the ideas if it is to work.

If your client is trying to get you to make a voice presentation to pitch your idea to them, they are either Nike or Numpties. I assume the latter.

This seems odd to me as why on earth would they need this unless a) they are a reseller getting you do do all their work for nothing, b) they want you to make a free test document that just so happens to be their job, or c) they are numpties with no clue how hiring a freelancer works (assuming you have a portfolio).

🙂

Hi Benedictrm,

Many thanks for the response, I made a mistake when abbreviating Power Point with PPT and I think you are right I should noy do that in business communication, and it is true that your assumption with PPT is a Power Point, he did not ask me to embed a voice in power point as you mean but he asked to send a separate file in voice note to present the Power point and i do not offer voice over services.

Hi Benedictrm,

Many thanks for the response, I made a mistake when abbreviating Power Point with PPT and I think you are right I should noy do that in business communication, and it is true that your assumption with PPT is a Power Point, he did not ask me to embed a voice in power point as you mean but he asked to send a separate file in voice note to present the Power point and i do not offer voice over services.

So the Q is why would he ask for this?

And why not use a Voice Over service?

Both may be fair answers but don’t feel you have to take on what you don’t want to do or simply are not qualified to do. The customer doesn’t own you and can’t (legally) not pay you if you decline work outside of your stated services.

🙂

🙂

thanks for your comment

So the Q is why would he ask for this?

And why not use a Voice Over service?

Both may be fair answers but don’t feel you have to take on what you don’t want to do or simply are not qualified to do. The customer doesn’t own you and can’t (legally) not pay you if you decline work outside of your stated services.

🙂

I see…and it seems like I have to learn many more things to be a good seller and understand how to do business on fiverr 🙂

Archived