SEO Linkbuilding - is this normal?

jeroenla

I am a hobby website owner, with little money,. Because I spend most my time trying to cover my own bills, I’ve tried to delegate some of the tasks in promoting a website.
Over the last few weeks, I’ve done a few trial runs with SEO Linkbuilding gigs. All sellers delivered nicely on time, with an excel sheet reporting.

Being the control freak that I am, I always check a few of the links they give. Just a random selection. I find in most cases, that the majority of links I check are either not a real link (just flat text), or the pages don’t even exist.

Is this normal on Fiverr, or am I just really unlucky in picking the wrong people?

Hi Jeroenia, just a friendly suggestion, when you are doing link building to your website, try to make less links, but find providers who provide quality links. Maybe guest posts, or hire someone to do an outreaching campaign. This way, you won’t be penalized by Google, and you will get high quality links which can give a real boost to your site.

I think that you were a bit unlucky with selecting the right sellers, as i know a lot of people here offer high quality services, even in SEO gigs.

Just remember, there is no-one who can guarantee the first position in Google, if that’s the claim, then stay away.

Dan.

Hi Jeroenia, just a friendly suggestion, when you are doing link building to your website, try to make less links, but find providers who provide quality links. Maybe guest posts, or hire someone to do an outreaching campaign. This way, you won’t be penalized by Google, and you will get high quality links which can give a real boost to your site.

I think that you were a bit unlucky with selecting the right sellers, as i know a lot of people here offer high quality services, even in SEO gigs.

Just remember, there is no-one who can guarantee the first position in Google, if that’s the claim, then stay away.

Dan.

Of course, they all claim to deliver quality links.

What does “outreaching campaign” mean?

SEO is actually a complicated subject and a lot of people misunderstand it and think they can be on page number #1 in a day or a month, that is not correct, SEO takes from 4 to 6 months to start paying off, unless you are paying for Ads, and that is completely a different story.

Google keeps making updates to their algorithm to make it better and better and they keep changing the importance of different factors, they try to make it as perfect as they could, to help people get proper and genuine results, not a scam.

There are some black hat SEO strategies which can remove you from the entire internet. Please read the following by Google:
Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site. Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356

By doing this you might see much faster results, however, you can get removed from the entire internet by Google and other search engines, that means losing your whole business, so doing this is like gambling, it works for a lot but you can do that at your own risk.

A lot of people here on Fiverr offer these kinds of black hat SEO services, but I really don’t suggest you to ever do this, as Google is clear about

Also, a lot of people on Fiverr do PBN “Private Blog Network” and People who do PBN are banned by Google and removed entirely from the internet.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2604824?hl=en&visit_id=1-636597545295249972-4050084580&rd=1#thin-content

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Also If you can reach for newspapers, magazines, universities or government websites this can help more than having millions of backlinks.

SEO is a marketing strategy, it can not be done for $5 dollars nor for $100, I am actually surprised how people believe in these kinds of services, honestly avoid them by all means and you will be good, read a bit about SEO, and start doing it yourself and if you need help please do not hesitate to PM me as I am always available to answer any questions.

Cheers,
Rei

SEO is actually a complicated subject and a lot of people misunderstand it and think they can be on page number #1 in a day or a month, that is not correct, SEO takes from 4 to 6 months to start paying off, unless you are paying for Ads, and that is completely a different story.

Google keeps making updates to their algorithm to make it better and better and they keep changing the importance of different factors, they try to make it as perfect as they could, to help people get proper and genuine results, not a scam.

There are some black hat SEO strategies which can remove you from the entire internet. Please read the following by Google:

Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site. Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356

By doing this you might see much faster results, however, you can get removed from the entire internet by Google and other search engines, that means losing your whole business, so doing this is like gambling, it works for a lot but you can do that at your own risk.

A lot of people here on Fiverr offer these kinds of black hat SEO services, but I really don’t suggest you to ever do this, as Google is clear about

Also, a lot of people on Fiverr do PBN “Private Blog Network” and People who do PBN are banned by Google and removed entirely from the internet.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2604824?hl=en&visit_id=1-636597545295249972-4050084580&rd=1#thin-content

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Also If you can reach for newspapers, magazines, universities or government websites this can help more than having millions of backlinks.

SEO is a marketing strategy, it can not be done for $5 dollars nor for $100, I am actually surprised how people believe in these kinds of services, honestly avoid them by all means and you will be good, read a bit about SEO, and start doing it yourself and if you need help please do not hesitate to PM me as I am always available to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Rei

Makes me wonder…if this is such a bad thing, why does Fiverr allow this (whereas my service in coaching thesis-writing students is forbidden for some odd reason…

(I didn’t think these links would do wonders, by the way, but I was hoping for a small positive effect).

If you cannot buy links.

If you cannot exchange links

If you cannot approach anyone to put up a link

Then what CAN you do, other than write content and hope that it is somehow picked up?

Makes me wonder…if this is such a bad thing, why does Fiverr allow this (whereas my service in coaching thesis-writing students is forbidden for some odd reason…

(I didn’t think these links would do wonders, by the way, but I was hoping for a small positive effect).

If you cannot buy links.

Then what CAN you do, other than write content and hope that it is somehow picked up?

This you can do. If you contact webmasters (or hire someone to do it for you) and manage to get some good placed links they will have great SEO value.

What business are you in? I have a couple of websites myself. 🙂

This you can do. If you contact webmasters (or hire someone to do it for you) and manage to get some good placed links they will have great SEO value.

What business are you in? I have a couple of websites myself. 🙂

I have one (Dutch) website where I share book reviews and news about literature, one Dutch about backpacking in Australia, and am working on an English project about having a compassionate lifestyle.

I am confused though… Onereik links to the Google answer 66356 which says you arent allowed to use automated programmes or services. Not sure if it is automated programmes + (services) or automated (programmes + services).

I also see links in plugins are a violation. I sure hope I’m not getting screwed for the partnership I did recently…

If you cannot buy links.

You got to ask Fiverr, not me. I am sorry I can not answer this question, ask them why do they allow all these cheap monkeys to offer their services on Fiverr?

It is unethical, not just that you waste your time and money, you also might lose your business, because of a cheap monkey on Fiverr.

I hope you have read my previous answer about why you should avoid link building on Fiverr by all means, not saying all of them are bad and that they do black hate SEO, however, you can hardly trust anyone.

You can reach out for influencers, make interviews, there are a lot of other techniques but it surely takes time, and just remember link building is the hardest thing to do in SEO, and you will not get anywhere by buying any cheap services.

I’ve been doing all that, but I’m not reaching critical mass…

On page SEO doesn’t do much unless your business is a niche idea, and you might need to go the extra mile and do some Schema structured data markup.

You need to know what to focus at in SEO and that comes after planning, studying and understanding your niche and marketplace, you can not give a random answer like this, onsite SEO is surely a standard and basic thing that should be implemented on every website, but you need to understand where to focus at and what effort and budget is needed for the best results.

On page SEO doesn’t do much unless your business is a niche idea, and you might need to go the extra mile and do some Schema structured data markup.

You need to know what to focus at in SEO and that comes after planning, studying and understanding your niche and marketplace, you can not give a random answer like this, onsite SEO is surely a standard and basic thing that should be implemented on every website, but you need to understand where to focus at and what effort and budget is needed for the best results.

do some Schema structured data markup.

schema markup is whole lot of nothing. I know lot of guru on you tube are saying do schema markup. but do it don’t put to much hope into it

do some Schema structured data markup.

schema markup is whole lot of nothing. I know lot of guru on you tube are saying do schema markup. but do it don’t put to much hope into it

I didn’t say it will do much I said “you might need to go the extra mile”, for that reason I followed with saying, you need to know what to focus at in SEO and that comes after planning, studying and understanding your niche and marketplace.

If your business and your meanest competitor have done everything similar but your competitor implemented Schema structured data markup and you didn’t, then your competitor might have better chances to win the competition.

Please note the “might”

I didn’t say it will do much I said “you might need to go the extra mile”, for that reason I followed with saying, you need to know what to focus at in SEO and that comes after planning, studying and understanding your niche and marketplace.

If your business and your meanest competitor have done everything similar but your competitor implemented Schema structured data markup and you didn’t, then your competitor might have better chances to win the competition.

Please note the “might”

yes i noted that might, and i agree with you on rest of the things which you said(in all comment)

i just try to point out that schema markup is no big deal

wish you luck

yes i noted that might, and i agree with you on rest of the things which you said(in all comment)

i just try to point out that schema markup is no big deal

wish you luck

Oh thanks, I agree with you as well! I just feel like I want to pull my hair out, it is very sad how people do unethical things, and the saddest part is that they are allowed to.

I have one (Dutch) website where I share book reviews and news about literature, one Dutch about backpacking in Australia, and am working on an English project about having a compassionate lifestyle.

I am confused though… Onereik links to the Google answer 66356 which says you arent allowed to use automated programmes or services. Not sure if it is automated programmes + (services) or automated (programmes + services).

I also see links in plugins are a violation. I sure hope I’m not getting screwed for the partnership I did recently…

It’s automated programs or automated services.

The idea behind it is simple: if a software created your link and they could be multiplied indefinitely, they are not good. Google is always looking for automation and bans them heavily.

To stay clean you have to hire someone that does MANUAL work on it, and builds the links themselves. This is ofc hard to pick and it might be very expensive, but would you rather risk your entire business? Because once you get a ban-hammer is almost impossible to recover.

But if you grow up your audience steady and the nice way, you will outgrow anyone that is trying to get quick fixes.

The most interesting ideas to grow my website traffic I got from https://backlinko.com/ and https://moz.com/blog.

I know it does require time and effort, but it’s much better in the long-term. I am sure that there are good services to buy as well, but like others said, it’s better to buy 5 good quality links than 50.000 automated ones.

It’s automated programs or automated services.

The idea behind it is simple: if a software created your link and they could be multiplied indefinitely, they are not good. Google is always looking for automation and bans them heavily.

To stay clean you have to hire someone that does MANUAL work on it, and builds the links themselves. This is ofc hard to pick and it might be very expensive, but would you rather risk your entire business? Because once you get a ban-hammer is almost impossible to recover.

But if you grow up your audience steady and the nice way, you will outgrow anyone that is trying to get quick fixes.

The most interesting ideas to grow my website traffic I got from https://backlinko.com/ and https://moz.com/blog.

I know it does require time and effort, but it’s much better in the long-term. I am sure that there are good services to buy as well, but like others said, it’s better to buy 5 good quality links than 50.000 automated ones.

It surely requires, time, effort and lots of reading, you can not buy 5 quality links, usually you build quality links either through contacts, interviews or offering something hot, that make universities, governments and other big organisations talk about your products/services.

Google is completely against buying but Google can not tell if you bought them or they just wrote about you, that’s why they can not ban you, however doing link building through automated software is a big NO, and google can easily tell and then ban your website from the entire internet.

• 1 year later...

Hi, Sorry to hear that.

Before selecting any SEO,s please check few things about them

1. Ask them to give the strategy about your business website.
  2. Weekly report as they start doing link building because from startting week only you come to know how quality links they are generating.
  3. Check out every week report and links.
  4. Speak them on phone or through Facebook messenger. So that you can have a good conversation and understanding about work.
  5. Mostly for every SEO work it will take 4-6 months to come up with keywords. But the fruits are very tasty.

Archived