SEO Sellers makes me sick... Buyers, please Learn what SEO is!

leinad4mind

That’s right! They do. Why?

SEO is good practice of strategies/techniques, if you do all by the book and with good content you don’t need fake backlinks neither other kind of trick. Search Engines are clever enough. I’ve all my websites at TOP and never did backlinks! Never needed! Why? Because I really know what SEO and SERP is! SEO sellers sells to ignorant buyers. Period.

A buyer would need a SEO Expertise Consultant. Not a SEO work. What is a SEO work?
SEO is not just something you do once and get results on the same day. It doesnt work like that…

I would really love to know what the hell those SEO sellers really sell. Because SEO is not something you sell once. Its a continuing job… almost everyday…

But well… ignorance for those sellers is indeed a bless…

PS: Yeah I don’t hate SEO sellers it was just to capture your attention 😛

What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is the simple activity of ensuring a website can be found in search engines for words and phrases relevant to what the site is offering. In many respects it’s simply quality control for websites. Having said that, if there was ever an industry that was little understood by outsiders it’s SEO.

So, how do I get found by search engines?
Write fantastic, useful content that uses words and phrases used by people who search for your products and services.
Make it easy for people to share and link to it.
Keep doing it!

Not exactly rocket science is it?

What about adding meta key words?

Who better to ask than Google.

Q: Does Google ever use the “keywords” meta tag in its web search ranking?

A: In a word, no. Google does sell a Google Search Appliance, and that product has the ability to match meta tags, which could include the keywords meta tag. But that’s an enterprise search appliance that is completely separate from our main web search. Our web search (the well-known search at Google.com that hundreds of millions of people use each day) disregards keyword metatags completely. They simply don’t have any effect in our search ranking at present.

from Google themselves

OK, but what about the nonsense URL’s that some websites/foruns produces. Surely they can’t help my rankings? I need URL Friendly right?

Lets ask Google again

Q: Does that mean I should avoid rewriting dynamic URLs at all?

A: That’s our recommendation, unless your rewrites are limited to removing unnecessary parameters, or you are very diligent in removing all parameters that could cause problems. If you transform your dynamic URL to make it look static you should be aware that we might not be able to interpret the information correctly in all cases. If you want to serve a static equivalent of your site, you might want to consider transforming the underlying content by serving a replacement which is truly static. One example would be to generate files for all the paths and make them accessible somewhere on your site. However, if you’re using URL rewriting (rather than making a copy of the content) to produce static-looking URLs from a dynamic site, you could be doing harm rather than good. Feel free to serve us your standard dynamic URL and we will automatically find the parameters which are unnecessary.

Again, from Google themselves

So there you have it. All my honesty. To get good rankings you need good content.
THAT IS ALL.

Okay, Mr. Fiverr SEO Genghis Khan, let’s just put some perspective on this matter.

Can a website get to the no.1 spot on Google after buying any kind of SEO gig? No, of course not.

As for all SEO gigs being a pile of tripe. I offer services which can and do help websites increase their rankings. Will you see an improvement tomorrow? No. In fact, I sell gigs every day to people who obviously have no idea how to use what I am providing them with.

I write genuinely engaging content and have a pretty spectacular knack for including longtail keywords and the like which search engines can and do pick up. The only problem is that they and my video services only work if whoever is administering a website knows what they are doing.

Sadly, most of the people I work with don’t have a clue how SEO works. The majority of my clients on Fiverr think “hey, let’s get some backlinks, an SEO sales copy and lets roll!” Worse, the majority of such clients are resellers who are misrepresenting themselves to their original buyers as SEO experts but don’t have the slightest idea in regard to what they are actually doing or paying people for.

Case in point. I had a buyer today who wanted 30 keyword phrases (which he supplied) cramming into 100 words of ‘natural & engaging’ content. Sorry, not going to happen I even said this and cited the fact that the website in question would likely be penalised by Google. Did the buyer listen? No?

You are asking sellers to learn what SEO is? Well, Mr. SEO Selfrighteous, reputable sellers who you probably pass by because they are too expensive do know how SEO works.

Yes, it’s an ongoing process, but are you actually prepared to invest in gigs on a weekly or monthly basis wich will help you gradually increase your SEO ranking? Or is your beef here the fact that you aren’t getting full and ongoing SEO support for $5 a time?

In short. A website owner and/or administrator will know how SEO works. They will then come to Fiverr and buy the gigs they need to boost their rankings. If buyers don’t know how SEO works, that’s their fault. In this case, be a responsible and astute buyer, not one which expects miracles for $5.

Exactly what I think! Its impossible to do for 5$ and that’s one of the messages I’m trying to pass to buyers here too.

Thanks for your input. That’s what I wanted to read. And I want more sellers to tell their point of view. 😉

People needs and want seo, but they can’t expect miracles for 5$.
Plus, I had a client that ruined all his forum SEO because some “expert” told him that he needed Friendly URL. And he installed an plugin for friendly url and ruin his SEO for good.
It is not friendly url, IT IS Human URL… it helps us, humans to know what the link have before clicking on it. It will not help seo in any way! (Depending the plataform used at least)

And yes, its buyers fault to buy to wrong seo sellers. BUT its too our and my duty to give some information to others people. Because an ignorant client is a BAD client. And it is bad for the seller to have ignorante clients. In a long term, all sellers makes more money with clients that knows what they are buying!

So let us share all our knowledge about SEO should we? 🙂

Do you hate all logo sellers because some sell copyrighted material?
Do you hate all website designers because some resell templates?
Do you hate all writers because some sell copy and pasted articles from other sites?

Your post and your comment below it have irritated me as I sell SEO services.
You make a couple of true statements and have mixed in a couple of quotes from Google that make what you say seem credible. However, your final assertion that content is the only thing that is needed for a site to rank well is complete rubbish.
What I offer, as one of those “hated” SEO sellers, are a variety of services, depending on the individual needs of a site.

High quality content is indeed vitally important and @cyaxrex makes that point, but it is not the only factor that affects ranking. Links are actually a MAJOR component, and that is from Google themselves. I’m not talking about the “1000 links for $5” type, I’m talking about links from high quality sites that are relevant to the site content. The only type of paid for links that are useful are those from relevant sites, who offer things like guest posts. Random links are worse than useless, they are negative for SEO.

So back to what SEO actually is.
Your definition is quite accurate: “Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is the simple activity of ensuring a website can be found in search engines for words and phrases relevant to what the site is offering.”

This is a very general statement and can cover a huge variety of things, some obvious, others less obvious. Here are 2 of the less obvious SEO services I have performed for clients recently, both of which can be correctly referred to as SEO work and both of which were one off processes (although the clients are ongoing clients). I could list more but this comment will be long enough and my point will be made with just 2.

1. Bad link removal - A site owner with a good 5 year old site about music decided he needed to get SEO done and he ordered some of the rubbish links that I mentioned above. His site plummeted in rankings and so the number one thing that was needed was to get rid of these. So that’s what I did.
    I could have created all the quality content in the world and that site would still not have ranked well.
  2. User Experience Work - A site with great content got some views but very few sales and people rarely looked at more than a page of the site. By going through the site and creating internal links, changing layout etc, this site’s stats and sales were transformed as people found it easier to find what they needed.
    Is this SEO? Some say it isn’t but actually it is. Google states that user behavior on a site is a MASSIVE indicator of how relevant a site is. They have also shown how much they value user behavior by creating Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools specifically so THEY can measure behavior (not so site owners can). Bounce rates, user engagement and time on site all count highly in how a site ranks in Google. The difference in my client’s ranking positions after a month of better user engagement was staggering, keywords which had been static on page 3 and 4 jumped to page 1 and 2.
    The content had not been changed, just the layout, so it wasn’t the content that made these jumps happen, it was the better user experience.

It is true that SOME SEO sellers earn their money due to the ignorance of buyers but the fact is that the same can be said of any category. Some sellers sell useless SEO services, some sell useless copied material, some sell other useless things. However, it is not true that all sellers do the same.
You state that you know about SEO, when in fact you seem to know a little about SEO. That’s fine - your job does not require you to know about it. But you shouldn’t try to write tips for buyers on a topic you know “a little” about. If you have some points on SEO that you know about then sure, share them, but your post reads as credible yet states that content is the ONLY important thing. RUBBISH.

Buyers, Please Note
If you learn one thing from reading this whole thread, please let it be that buying links can be dangerous for your site. If you do not know how to tell the difference between good and bad links then DO NOT BUY LINKS!

You should think about moving into a second-floor condo and disabling the intercom. You’ll never be sick again.

Alternatively, if you don’t like urban living, moving into a tree house or onto a boat would reap the same benefit. It’s a well-known fact that SEO sellers can’t climb trees or cross moving water.

I’ve been out of the SEO game for a few years now since Panda destroyed all but a few of my money making websites, but up until then I was ranking number one for extremely competitive keywords in the mobile phone sales world. Onsite SEO is the most important or was back then, with a very good sprinkling of articles and PR submissions on a weekly basis.

The thing with Google and its algorithms is that it constantly changes and learns the monster is almost self running, with just the odd tweak from the coders, all these fiverr high PR website submissions are a waste of time unless the website the links are being place on is “follow” and at least 90% relevant to the content being posted. example posting a backlink to your cooking website on a blog/website which is for gaming carry’s no weight at all and seen as almost spam.

Daily fresh genuine written content is key with your keywords/longtail/short embedded within the content and not every other sentence, this will keep the bots happy and google will re index your site daily if the good content keeps flowing, after some months you will see your website climb up the ranks, top 4 bottom 4 on the first page is a fantastic position to own and if you have a monetized website you will soon reap the benefits.

There is no quick fix or easy way to rank high unless you have a very low ranking keyword its as simple as that.

No, wouldn’t work. You’d be reachable by land or perhaps even subterranean tunnel systems. While remote, SEO sellers are second only to the recently extinct encyclopedia salesman in their ability to travel long distances on relatively little sustenance.

Worse, the more remote you are, the more hungry to mek sells an SEO seller will be when he or she finally reaches you. That said, all SEO sellers are terrified of Pandas, Penguins, Possums and Pigeons. This being the case, remote areas in the southern hemisphere and very far east might offer you some kind of relative safe haven.

But…Lake Lachrymose was good enough for…real estate agents!

Oh well, if you say so, I´ll just get me a few awesomepossums and strategically place them in my first floor office and…actually…I do live on the second floor, and disabling the intercom is not an issue - there is no intercom. <.<

• 3 months later...

The first time I found out about Fiverr I noticed that there were MANY top sellers out there who are getting away with selling these types of gigs. And, as your topic proves, they are in fact giving a bad name to the SEO community. It does not help that these types of gigs are getting featured 😅

However, this did not stop me to join Fiverr and start selling some actual quality SEO gigs. And I do believe that there are many others out there doing the same. It is our jobs, as experts, to let our clients know that they should stay away from that type of stuff (and I mean sellers promising 100+ quality backlinks for 5$). That is why, for every SEO related gig I sell, I provide my clients with a PDF file which covers the basics and tells them very honestly that they will NOT rank on page 1 on Google overnight. It takes time and effort and the help of people that are familiar with the business, but it DOES pay off if you start doing it right.

the guy who started this thread copied every single part of his post and a considerable amount from here. redevolution.com/. I would not bother to reply to Mr copy/pasta who will probably post more nonsense in response to this

You’re wrong. In fact it was from here: https://phpbb.hifikabin.me.uk/app.php/page/seo

And from moz.com. Never heard about the website you mentioned lol

About all replies. Thank you to give your input. It was my idea to cause some SEO experts a little “angry” and give their honest opinion. I’m glad this topic was well suceeded.
Plus, the content is the king, because you can have the best seo you want. If 0 content, then 0 seo.
Now, if you’ve content, the 2nd thing is to know a little about seo so the website use techniques that will help seo.
If a website is made without thinking on UX/UI and “SEO recomendations”, that are basics… then you will probably never need seo services. Because seo is not one thing you do once and its finished. Its an process that are continuum… never stops, we need to do always good practice. And it will grow with time.

Maybe the most admin just need to know the basics and the good practices they should do.

Thanks all for the input!

What seo great product to sell?

Can you explain to me?

Well definitely not irrelevant backlinks and PBNs. Although thanks to this black hat s*it I have clients lining up to fix their site 🙂

If you don’t know how to optimize a website for search engines then you should sign up for SEO course. There are plenty of free courses out there.

Yes! Or I could move into the Lake Lachrymose caves…

Well,I enjoyed reading these post, I paid for SEO service in the past and my site got ranked in page one, I had no I dea behind the scenes.all I wanted was first page, I don’t care what he did, maybe things were easier then but now with constant Google update,panda shit and all that maybe it is tough now.

Well,I enjoyed reading these post, I paid for SEO service in the past and my site got ranked in page one, I had no I dea behind the scenes.all I wanted was first page, I don’t care what he did, maybe things were easier then but now with constant Google update,panda shit and all that maybe it is tough now.

I could rank a website I made for someone on first page and even on first position partly on google for some relevant keywords (I have translation gigs here, no SEO, this is just a reply, no self-advertising ;)) but I´m pretty sure that was because the site itself had good and relevant and the right content for the relevant keywords and because of the nature of the business itself. It depends a lot on the site itself though and what keywords you have to target obviously, if you’re a niche business or have loads of competition for your main keywords, I´m sure it´s tough, especially to keep a site there, with constant updates and changes in search algorithms and all. There must be some reason for all the SEO, SEA, SEM and so on. We were just joking a bit. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I have a marketing firm and my clients are always telling me about this or that SEO service they have found and most of the time it is people that have no idea what they are doing. Not saying anything bad about content writers that write for websites but the ones out there offering services that do absolutely nothing.

• 4 months later...

Archived