Service fee charged

rahulkajla1

I just now placed an order and fiverr charged $2 service fee. I paid using my “Personal Balance”. I am confused. I have placed 2000+ orders so far and they never charged service fee. Is fiverr now going to charge sellers as well? Happened to any other seller?

Capture.PNG.c241e2d84249be11d74b2ca087fd3869.PNG

EDIT: CS said, “Thank you for reaching out to Fiverr Customer Support, where your satisfaction is number one. The new fee is a service charge to allow Fiverr to provide a stable platform for buyers and sellers to work uninterrupted, and to allow for a better overall experience while using Fiverr. Sellers are now required to pay a service fee on orders placed using revenues earned. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40.”

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - 40% Fee on 5$ order - Fiverr is charging service Fee again and again - Means - Once buyer paid service fee then If you do buy anything to fiverr revenue - they will going to charge service fee again 🙂

SUPERB - Fiverr just wanted to increase their revenue. No matter, What’s going to impact on buyers. If there is huge Fee then Why buyers will come at fiverr for buy anything!! - THIS IS BEST TIME FOR OTHERS SITE

BAD DECISION 😄

What will happen after this - Whoever do buy cheap gig on fiverr. That buyers will move on other website. Who do charge low service fee!!

I think, Now, there is no meaning of fiverr original concept - $5 gig.

I will not surprise - If they will stop all other sellers and After that, Only Pro gig will be remain. 😄

Superb decision - Other website will get run now.!! Because Low cost buyers will get move on that!!

Wow - 40% Fee on 5$ order - Fiverr is charging service Fee again and again - Means - Once buyer paid service fee then If you do buy anything to fiverr revenue - they will going to charge service fee again 🙂

SUPERB - Fiverr just wanted to increase their revenue. No matter, What’s going to impact on buyers. If there is huge Fee then Why buyers will come at fiverr for buy anything!! - THIS IS BEST TIME FOR OTHERS SITE

BAD DECISION 😄

What will happen after this - Whoever do buy cheap gig on fiverr. That buyers will move on other website. Who do charge low service fee!!

I will not surprise - If they will stop all other sellers and After that, Only Pro gig will be remain. 😄

Superb decision - Other website will get run now.!! Because Low cost buyers will get move on that!!

yeah, you are right.

CS said, “Thank you for reaching out to Fiverr Customer Support, where your satisfaction is number one. The new fee is a service charge to allow Fiverr to provide a stable platform for buyers and sellers to work uninterrupted, and to allow for a better overall experience while using Fiverr. Sellers are now required to pay a service fee on orders placed using revenues earned. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40.”

CS said, “Thank you for reaching out to Fiverr Customer Support, where your satisfaction is number one. The new fee is a service charge to allow Fiverr to provide a stable platform for buyers and sellers to work uninterrupted, and to allow for a better overall experience while using Fiverr. Sellers are now required to pay a service fee on orders placed using revenues earned. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40.”

that’s something like :

5$ order - 40% Service Fee.

10$ order - 20% Service Fee.

15$ order - 13.3% Service Fee.

20$ order - 10% Service Fee.

25$ order - 8% Service Fee.

30$ order - 6.66% Service Fee.

35$ order - 5.66% Service Fee.

40$ order - 5% Service Fee.

BAD DECISION 😄

It’s now called sevenerr. This is ridiculous.

Do they also charge a processing fee of 1 dollar or 5% for orders over 20 dollars if you don’t use your shopping funds earned on your orders. If they do, then that is an absolute scam.

They will make 5 (original gig) + 2 (service fee) +1(processing fee) = $8. Then they will take 20% ($1) and the 3 dollars added onto the 5$. So 4 dollars on an 8 dollar order IS 50%. THAT IS A SCAM…saying fiverr…more like eighterr.

This is really a bad move, now fiverr is sevenrr. Great job lads.

This is really a bad move, now fiverr is sevenrr.

No, Fiverr is – and will always be – Fiverr. These constant claims that Fiverr is going to change their name to a new number with “rr” on the end, just because they choose to have a larger order fee is ridiculous. I can guarantee, Fiverr will never change their name.

No, Fiverr is – and will always be – Fiverr. These constant claims that Fiverr is going to change their name to a new number with “rr” on the end, just because they choose to have a larger order fee is ridiculous. I can guarantee, Fiverr will never change their name.

It’s just a joke. We all know Fiverr would never do that…for marketing and branding purposes.

Don’t be negative, be positive and laugh every now and then. 😎

Don’t be negative, be positive and laugh every now and then. 😎

I am very good at laughing… when the “jokes” are actually funny.

It is incredibly annoying, though, when people keep using the “it was a joke” excuse when something they say isn’t received well by others on the forum. It wasn’t a joke, and it wasn’t funny. But I look forward to the time when something you say does make me laugh. 😉

Just went to place an order this evening and saw the $2 fee. It halted my purchasing decision instantly. Previously, if I used funds from my personal balance, I wouldn’t have to pay a service fee.

So a buyer is spending $12 on the platform for a $10 order while the seller gets $8. If the seller spends those earnings within the platform, they lose another $2 and the process starts over. Fiverr is making money hand over fist.

How much does it cost to run the autoresponder the customer service department has employed? 😉

Ridiculous. I have spent over 2000$ as a buyer… Now im thinking about to choose different platform. If they didnt remove the service fee.

yeah… I was saying same!! - Why you would like to buy $5 gig in 7$ and your seller will get 4$ or 3$ to that!! you should think about it! I think, they are not going to remove the service fee. Probably they wanting to Remove the buyers who do buy 5$ service at this platform.

Wow… that’s new. Surprising. As a former business analyst, I would love to see the math and research behind it. And the stats if this is decreasing overall purchases, or no impact.
If I put together the picture right, that sellers complain their orders are decreasing over the past year, this could be a sign Fiverr is about to close it’s doors, and this is a final attempt to squeeze out as much as possible.

That’s not it. I had to cancel an order because seller couldn’t deliver and voila…I got only $5 back. They kept $2. Unlike buyers I can not use those $5 again without spending $2 service charge.

So, basically, if you place an order and seller can’t get the job done…you know who’s affected? This isn’t a bad feature if it is for each and every fiverr user…not just sellers.

CS’s response, “Thank you for contacting us today. When sellers use their revenue to place orders and the order is cancelled, the service fee is not refunded back. To avoid this, you may want to withdraw your funds and then use your PayPal or credit/debit card to place your orders as when orders placed in those ways are cancelled, we can refund them back to your payment provider including the service fee.”

I have spent $15000+ as buyer. Now I am scared to even order a $5 service.

That’s not it. I had to cancel an order because seller couldn’t deliver and voila…I got only $5 back. They kept $2. Unlike buyers I can not use those $5 again without spending $2 service charge.

So, basically, if you place an order and seller can’t get the job done…you know who’s affected? This isn’t a bad feature if it is for each and every fiverr user…not just sellers.

CS’s response, “Thank you for contacting us today. When sellers use their revenue to place orders and the order is cancelled, the service fee is not refunded back. To avoid this, you may want to withdraw your funds and then use your PayPal or credit/debit card to place your orders as when orders placed in those ways are cancelled, we can refund them back to your payment provider including the service fee.”

I have spent $15000+ as buyer. Now I am scared to even order a $5 service.

that’s amazing - there is many other platform - who do not charge any service fee.!!

Guys I have simple solution. Provide big value Gigs, offer more services for more money. Fiverr is not $5 sales anymore. We should accept it and act accordingly.
I gradually increased my packages cost and found that it’s many buyers who willing to pay more. Of course they expect grate service and communication but it actually sellers job to provide best service ever.
Now I love Fiverr more and more 🙂

Happened to me too, and candidly, I’m beyond frustrated with Fiverr.

Is Fiverr now providing 5%/$2 more value to buyers and sellers than before? IF so, I haven’t experienced it.

Seems to me either their revenue growth has slowed significantly, and/or their investors are demanding greater profitability.

No one is claiming they will change their name. The complaint is simply for the change in pricing and what it means for the original concept behind their name.

P.S: Why do you defend every single action made by Fiverr? Every Last One Of Them! Are you a Fiverr staff or investor? I understand it is our business platform and we should be proud of them, but that does not translate into loving and defending all of their moves, does it?

Archived