Share Tool Suggestion

I was asking CS about Fiverr’s preferences for Gig promotion, and I ended up with this answer about links:

“Please note that you can do so, however, sharing your Gig via available tools is the preferred way of promoting your services.”

You can share a link to your profile using “Create your Badge” or create a Custom Offer that’s timed via “Fiverr Anywhere.” What if you just want to share a Gig via a link (not social media)? I don’t want to write a different offer, I want to show people my Gig itself. There is no tool provided by Fiverr to share an individual Gig other than the social media buttons.

I propose a “Share your Gig” tool that works similar to the Badge tool, but you just select one of your Gigs and it generates something ‘official’ for you to use.

When I want to share a gig, I just go to the gig in question, using “Preview” from my gigs page, then I copy and paste the address from the browser address bar. Will that work for you?

@tee_hi It will work for me, but I was concerned about the second part of the CS response. They said the ‘preferred way’ is to use the tools. I wonder what happens if I use the ‘un-preferred way’? 😟

@tee_hi It will work for me, but I was concerned about the second part of the CS response. They said the ‘preferred way’ is to use the tools. I wonder what happens if I use the ‘un-preferred way’? 😟

Since they said “you can do so”, I would guess it’s not against the ToS or anything, but like any business, they prefer you do it their way. I haven’t had any trouble sharing the direct address to my gigs and I can’t even imagine how they’d find out, anyhow…

But at the same time, I think it would be great to have a Fiverr-provided way to share, with an image and everything; something really professional-looking.

Since they said “you can do so”, I would guess it’s not against the ToS or anything, but like any business, they prefer you do it their way. I haven’t had any trouble sharing the direct address to my gigs and I can’t even imagine how they’d find out, anyhow…

But at the same time, I think it would be great to have a Fiverr-provided way to share, with an image and everything; something really professional-looking.

Fiverr tracks where incoming visitors come from pretty extensively, so I’d imagine they know.

I noticed someone recommended blogging about Gigs recently (in another forum topic). Maybe we should ask them. @jonbaas, do you have experience with posting simple links to Gigs in blog posts, as opposed to using the share tools?

Fiverr tracks where incoming visitors come from pretty extensively, so I’d imagine they know.

I noticed someone recommended blogging about Gigs recently (in another forum topic). Maybe we should ask them. @jonbaas, do you have experience with posting simple links to Gigs in blog posts, as opposed to using the share tools?

Yes, I have experience posting promotional blog posts. To be honest, though, it isn’t something that requires extensive knowledge. You just write a blog post, and put a link within that post – in this case, to your gig. The key to a successful blog post, however, is that you actually have readers of your blog. SEO can play a part in people searching and finding that blog post, but in the end, like all successful marketing, you still need an audience – and that audience needs to consist of people who are interested in becoming customers of your service.

Archived