Fiverr Forum

Share Tool Suggestion

I was asking CS about Fiverr’s preferences for Gig promotion, and I ended up with this answer about links:

“Please note that you can do so, however, sharing your Gig via available tools is the preferred way of promoting your services.”

You can share a link to your profile using “Create your Badge” or create a Custom Offer that’s timed via “Fiverr Anywhere.” What if you just want to share a Gig via a link (not social media)? I don’t want to write a different offer, I want to show people my Gig itself. There is no tool provided by Fiverr to share an individual Gig other than the social media buttons.

I propose a “Share your Gig” tool that works similar to the Badge tool, but you just select one of your Gigs and it generates something ‘official’ for you to use.

1 Like

When I want to share a gig, I just go to the gig in question, using “Preview” from my gigs page, then I copy and paste the address from the browser address bar. Will that work for you?

1 Like

@tee_hi It will work for me, but I was concerned about the second part of the CS response. They said the ‘preferred way’ is to use the tools. I wonder what happens if I use the ‘un-preferred way’? :worried:

1 Like

Since they said “you can do so”, I would guess it’s not against the ToS or anything, but like any business, they prefer you do it their way. I haven’t had any trouble sharing the direct address to my gigs and I can’t even imagine how they’d find out, anyhow…

But at the same time, I think it would be great to have a Fiverr-provided way to share, with an image and everything; something really professional-looking.

2 Likes

Fiverr tracks where incoming visitors come from pretty extensively, so I’d imagine they know.

I noticed someone recommended blogging about Gigs recently (in another forum topic). Maybe we should ask them. @jonbaas, do you have experience with posting simple links to Gigs in blog posts, as opposed to using the share tools?

1 Like

Yes, I have experience posting promotional blog posts. To be honest, though, it isn’t something that requires extensive knowledge. You just write a blog post, and put a link within that post – in this case, to your gig. The key to a successful blog post, however, is that you actually have readers of your blog. SEO can play a part in people searching and finding that blog post, but in the end, like all successful marketing, you still need an audience – and that audience needs to consist of people who are interested in becoming customers of your service.

2 Likes

Using same style and it’s quicker…

1 Like