Fiverr Community Forum

Sharing Gigs to Local Friends

Is it allowed to share gigs with local friends through Twitter, What’s app, Facebook and insist them to create fiverr account and place the order through fiverr?

Need Experts Suggestions

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Shweta R Kumbhare.

1 Like

This is a slippery slope. On the one hand, if your friends genuinely need the service you provide and are willing to pay for it, I don’t see the problem. On the other hand, if you are asking them to purchase your service just so they can leave a review, then you have to worry about possibly breaking TOS.

If your friends need the service you provide, why would you tell them to join Fiverr? You will lose out on 20% of your service fee in the long run.

2 Likes

Makes sense. But the thing is I don’t want their should be a problem between the friendship and my colleagues. On the other hand I am little bit sure fiverr will play an pivotal role and will be fare with both buyer and seller. Besides, i have taken fiverr platform very seriously and want to grow through fiverr platform. Also, let’s assume if I set up a local office to handle local clients - the maintenance cost of the office will be much higher ,so if fiverr charges 20% on each order i don’t have the problem, because I understand this will be more cheap for me than maintaining an physical location office. What you say? Should I share my gigs to friends and colleagues?

2 Likes