Sharing my personal contact information

alanabs

Hello,

I sell a gig in which it is necessary for me to intersect with my client directly using something like ■■■■■ or Teamviewer. Every time I attempt to give out my name it detects it and tells me I am violating the rules.

How am I supposed to sell an interactive service if I can’t discuss with my client directly?

• 6 years later...

Wonder if you are selling language traininig, such as “Learn English Conversational Structure For Dealing With Slang Users”, or something like “Practice Arabic”. Say your fee is $25/hr or whatever. Your gig would not even be approved by CS unless it was not in violation of a TOS.

It should be OK for you to offer your current buyer of one of your more technical services, an 80% discount introductory offer to your English Teacher gig (303 Services Available).

I’m replying to your post here as it seems nobody else has done it. You may want to share here what CS said when you contacted them for specific methods to solve your issue. CS would be able to assist us greatly by identifying the alleged offending message(s). For example if I want my website redesigned and it contains a “contact us” page with all of my contact info, or some Post about a community event at my business address and included a Poster we hang up here and there to interest the neighborhood, would that be what CS is referring to when they sent the warning?
Since CS won’t be specific we can’t get a fair trial or even contest the evidence against us. If some hotshot website designer wants MY user credentials and MY password int my cPanel, where there is unlimited access to customer data, and of course our intellectual property, then I refuse to provide it. I tell them to REGISTER into the site then provide to me his username so I may upgrade their membership to have access to the desired info. You would be surprised at what you see in your DB where the hotshot has installed some copy my website code, then downloaded everything to go sell on flipper or wherever, prior to then deleting his plugin thinking I’m too dumb to look in the DB and follow his tracks. There is NO WAY you’d know of any wrongdoings if you could not follow their tracks. Fiverr CS sending out those template threats just means you should take that particular project onto a competitors platform, that’s all. After all, there is a famous saying about not putting all of your eggs into one basket.

Wonder if you are selling language traininig, such as “Learn English Conversational Structure For Dealing With Slang Users”, or something like “Practice Arabic”. Say your fee is $25/hr or whatever. Your gig would not even be approved by CS unless it was not in violation of a TOS.

It should be OK for you to offer your current buyer of one of your more technical services, an 80% discount introductory offer to your English Teacher gig (303 Services Available).

I’m replying to your post here as it seems nobody else has done it. You may want to share here what CS said when you contacted them for specific methods to solve your issue. CS would be able to assist us greatly by identifying the alleged offending message(s). For example if I want my website redesigned and it contains a “contact us” page with all of my contact info, or some Post about a community event at my business address and included a Poster we hang up here and there to interest the neighborhood, would that be what CS is referring to when they sent the warning?

Since CS won’t be specific we can’t get a fair trial or even contest the evidence against us. If some hotshot website designer wants MY user credentials and MY password int my cPanel, where there is unlimited access to customer data, and of course our intellectual property, then I refuse to provide it. I tell them to REGISTER into the site then provide to me his username so I may upgrade their membership to have access to the desired info. You would be surprised at what you see in your DB where the hotshot has installed some copy my website code, then downloaded everything to go sell on flipper or wherever, prior to then deleting his plugin thinking I’m too dumb to look in the DB and follow his tracks. There is NO WAY you’d know of any wrongdoings if you could not follow their tracks. Fiverr CS sending out those template threats just means you should take that particular project onto a competitors platform, that’s all. After all, there is a famous saying about not putting all of your eggs into one basket.

You are replying 6 years later. Maybe you didn’t notice.

The moderators don’t like to see old posts resurrected.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

Archived