Sharing some thoughts about the new Fiverr implementations

wadsolutions

Hello everyone,

I haven’t posted anything for awhile and thought that now is a good time to come back to the forum.

I have a feeling that the new ARS is not going to be the biggest issue. Maybe you have noticed the new advanced filtering system in each category. Since they implemented this I hardly get any requests from new people. I just keep doing jobs for my regular customers :).

I started investigating the issue and I saw that my gigs are at the same spots in seach as usual, then I took a closer look at the filtering system on the left. I noticed the level filtering, which made me laugh :). Sorry, but with so many gigs on Fiverr, every buyer with a brain will start filtering from TLS and ONLY if he doesn’t find what he is looking for, then he will continue looking in Level 2 sellers and below. Now, what is the chance for this, since there are hundreds of TLS in each category :).

Anyway, I’m just sharing a thought. I think, that sellers worry too much about this ARS. I have only 5 stars so far, but again these are my regular happy clients :). I’m OK for now with not having new clients, since I have a health issue with my right hand, but I think Fiverr have to think more before implementing something new. Maybe use some polls to ask for buyers and sellers opinions or something like that. Otherwise they may end up doing the gigs themselves :).

I mean the new ARS is hurting the TLS and the filtering system is hurting the rest of the sellers. People are really getting pissed off. At least this is what I see everywhere in the community. Even buyers don’t like the new Advanced Rating System (ARS). It makes them feel uncomfortable…

Thanks and have wonderful weekend!

I wonder, there is a selection of SELLER LEVEL. Now my question is when a buyer browse any category why would he select New Seller, Level One or even Level Two seller gigs when he can select TRS Level GIGs

Base price is same of all sellers which $5. So obviously buyer will go with TRS GIGs.

I think this will decrease sale of other level sellers. Maybe i am wrong.

But if i think as being a buyer, i will definitely go for TRS gig and their work i will think would be best as per higher badge they have.

I am fine with a filter so long as it is based on the category that the person has been working in. If a very experienced graphic designer moves into voice-overs for example, his TRS-status does not say anything about the quality of his voice-over gigs. Maybe his voice-overs are really good, but this seller would still have an unfair advantage over users that did not reach TRS-status, but that otherwise have more experience (and perhaps better quality performance) than this TRS.

In short, the level just says that this person is an experienced user of Fiverr.

Seriously i do not understand the logic of freelancing sites. I am freelancer from last 7 to 8 years. I join many freelancing sites and achieve high levels and after some time all sites started ditching their sellers by giving more power to buyers and eventually those site are not famous as they were before.

For the same reason i joined fiverr as it was unique and easy, but now i think this site will do the same practice as i have faced on other freelancing sites in past.

It is not because i dislike new features. I always welcome new features. But implementing new features without proper testing and think how they will impact is very poor decision on fiverr.

When i was not a TRS, i thought fiverr first put every new feature in front of TRS community and ask for their thoughts. But i guess i am wrong and see nothing that kind of beta testing since i become TRS.

The feature of PRICE QUOTES which is given to TRS is a huge success with minor bugs. But still that feature is not rolled out to all sellers.

I just do not understand the mentality of product manager of fiverr.

Yes I forgot to post a screenshot. I think most of the sellers here don’t realize, what an incredibly big problem this is. Instead, they keep complaining about the rating system, which is also bad, but this is far much worse :). I mean this is a complete non-sense. Sellers will use the New Seller filter to check out the new competition, but noone will use it to buy a gig. Instead all the buyers will go for the TRS. If fact, this is bad for TRS too, because they will get overwhelmed with orders and then they will get hit by the ARS, getting 1,2 or 3 stars :).

Strange things are happening with Fiverr in the past few weeks. Are they trying to kill it or something…?

Why not fiverr implement ORDER limit feature for sellers. Today i am busy and i want maximum 5 business card designing orders to be placed. Why i can’t have that feature while other prominent popular site does have that feature.

Reply to @mjakkerman:

No, the level says how good the person is in his job. You can stay 4 years level 1 on Fiverr, if you are not good enough and people rate you poorly.

For example, you may have 3000 orders completed, but if your rating is 60% or high cancellation ratio, you will not have a badge at all. You will be categorized as New Seller.

This is how level system works. It is not about experience on Fiverr, but quality of your work or maybe both combined.

About the time filter “Delivery Time”:

The time filter isn’t good too. Well, I want buyers to see my gig. They might find it worthy waiting for.

The result of the time filter will be every single seller setting up 1 day delivery time and adding explanations in the description, that it won’t be done for one day… Nobody wants to get filtered out of the results :).

At least I’m planning to do it, so I don’t miss potential clients… I mean, yeah I can do the job for 1 day, but not always and I will leave this for discusion with the client.

I’m not sure about it, but I’m thinking about doing it soon.

wadsolutions said: I started investigating the issue and I saw that my gigs are at the same spots in seach as usual, then I took a closer look at the filtering system on the left. I noticed the level filtering, which made me laugh :). Sorry, but with so many gigs on Fiverr, every buyer with a brain will start filtering from TLS and ONLY if he doesn't find what he is looking for, then he will continue looking in Level 2 sellers and below. Now, what is the chance for this, since there are hundreds of TLS in each category :).

Actually you've misunderstood the filter.

This filter makes the ARS WORSE

That's not a "top rated seller" filter, (TRS the honorary level) it's the TOP RATED FILTER which means the bloody ARS will be knocking deserved people off the results.

One final point, that isn't new (but it's placement may be new) that always existed as a filter.

And I think your are not right… People will always check the checkbox next to Top rated sellers and this will leave only Top Rated Sellers in the results, filtering out all the other sellers.

Or maybe not. At least, this is what I think will happen :). I mean, why buyers will not want to see the gigs of the Top Rated Sellers? After all, they are searching for quality services :).

@anarchofighter Yeah… I’m not talking about the green horizontal filter :). I’m talking about the vertical one :).

1. The screenshot wingle attached is without the filter in use. Can you see that nothing is selected on the left column (vertical filtering, not the green horizontal filtering)? All of the checkboxes are empty.
  2. As you can see on his screenshot, there is a filter on left and 3 columns of gigs on the right. What you are showing has nothing to do with his screenshot. The filtering system (visible on wingle’s screenshot) is on the left (vertical) and it is visible in the categories, but not on the homepage. Is your screenshot taken from the homepage of fiverr.com? Because it looks like it and there is no vertical filtering system on the home page.

Can you please take a look at my attachment. I have a feeling that we are talking about 2 completely different things. This is how I and wingle see the categories. Can you please go to any category and check if you have a left column with a vertical filter like on the screenshot?

And yes, I’m NOT talking about the horizontal filtering “Recommended”, “High Rating” … I’m talking about the vertical filtering inside the categories :). Just to clarify one more time.

Cheers.

Archived