Fiverr Forum

Should buyers be rated with feedback like on Ebay?

What’s interesting is that buyers can also receive bad feedback on Ebay. Would this be a good idea for Fiverr?

Excellent idea in my opinion. We should know what we are getting into before we proceed with the deal. They should have a feedback page just like we do. So if you see the words SCAMMER, SCAMMER, SCAMMER… you know to run away from this person. I would not accept a gig from a troublemaker. I dont need the hassle.

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Well, if a buyer got negative feedback, then calling them a scammer would seem redundant. :wink:

Again, until or unless we can “refuse and order” who cares that they have feedback… The issue isn’t can we know of possible problems, the issue is…can we do anything about it.

Reply to @anarchofighter: Makes sense :wink:

I think it would be an excellent idea to develop some-type of buyer feedback system. But I also agree with anarchofighter, we need protection as sellers.

Reply to @anarchofighter: Well…I had a situation like this not long ago. I had a buyer that was ripping me off (I wont go into all the details) so the next time he placed an order I told him I could not fill it and he needed to cancel and I would refund his money. He did, and I did, and he went away. SO I think for now, you can say to your buyer: “I dont want your order for X reasons, please cancel and I will agree to a refund”

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Yes, well since we have the mutual cancellation feature, that’s the way to go, but I am still for being as professional and respectful of the buyer even if the buyer is scamming you. Otherwise, the buyer may not agree to the mutual cancellation and you will end up more stressed out than the first time.

It sounds like what YOU need is a “Block Buyer” link. :wink:

Reply to @hotwebideas:

hotwebideas said: It sounds like what YOU need is a "Block Buyer" link. ;)

Yes, well....look at the niche that I have selected to deal in. I started this to help good people that had trouble posting on Craigslist, but I seem to be attracting all the scammers. So, in the end they try to scam me too. Its the law of unintended consequences.

yes it would help sellers in deciding how a buyer is? and how to handle them…

If ever this would implemented I think it wouldn’t be anytime soon. Fiverrbdoesn’t have that reach yet like eBay

Great idea. eBay’s actual feedback system, the exact same one, available for other websites. I’ve seen it on ggftw.com

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Craigslist itself is full of scammers, but I have been posting ads up there for almost 10 years when they first started and I have seen my share of scammers, but I also found great customers too. That was for local stuff like lessons and finding band members.

I am just a buyer yet, and I think it is a good idea!

Buyer-Seller no matter, here we exchange money for service AND service for money, both sides should be treated in the same manner.

Reply to @kornilov: Hey, great attitude. Will you order my gigs? LOL

Reply to @hotwebideas: I’ve checked your offers, some are relevant to what I do, so most likely yes!

Reply to @kornilov: You da man!

Excellent idea in my opinion. We should know what we are getting into before we proceed with the deal. They should have a feedback page just like we do. So if you see the words SCAMMER, SCAMMER, SCAMMER… you know to run away from this person. I would not accept a gig from a troublemaker. I dont need the hassle.

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Well, if a buyer got negative feedback, then calling them a scammer would seem redundant. :wink:

Again, until or unless we can “refuse and order” who cares that they have feedback… The issue isn’t can we know of possible problems, the issue is…can we do anything about it.