Should I contact buyer, when they give me Personal id?


#1

Hello fiverr friends :slight_smile:

Kindly guide me in this matter

A buyers asked me for business help, and gave me Skype id, but on that time, didn’t place any order. When i want to contact him through Fiverr inbox the msg appears " may not be contacted at this time"

should i contact on their personal ?

is this against fiverr policy ?

or also as professional free-lancer should i do this ?


#2

Their messaging was probably disabled because they sent you their personal contact information.

No.

Yes, it is forbidden by Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

That means that he’s not a buyer. He’s only a buyer if he actually buys something (that is, if he places an order).


#3

Thank you so much for your reply. It’s really help me :slight_smile:


#4

Hi. Just be careful with such “buyers”. Not only this is against Fiverr’s TOS but they are 99% trying to steal your work for free or send you viruses etc. The other 1% are those who were too lazy to read the Terms carefully. Luckily, you will not get such messages often, at least this is my experience.


#5

Thanks. It was my first experience that any buyer gave me his personal detail. and it sounds weird but luckily i didn’t contact him.


#6

The quick answer is: no. Never contact anyone outside Fiverr, that is against the rules.