Fiverr Forum

Should I delete gig with a bad review?

I have a gig in which I had 2 sales. I had 1 good and 1 totally unfair negative review (Long story). I have good hopes for the future of that gig and I feel like it will sell a lot. Should I delete and create the exact same gig and start from scratch or try to recover this gig with 3.7 star review?

If you are curious about the bad review, here’s the story:

Negative reviews are permanent. They do not go away if you delete the gig that you earned them on. If you choose to create a new gig, that negative review will remain on your account.

Yes i know that, but they will be off my old gig atleast. I think it is harder for buyers to trust a gig with 3.7 star review compared to a gig with no review.

I disagree. A gig with no reviews looks like a rookie gig – a random, “I wanna make money” service. A gig with reviews shows that you have experience. Build your reputation (which includes lower reviews), don’t try to con people into thinking you are perfect, because, you’re not.

If you get a negative review, post an honest response to that review. A seller response to a negative review, can say a lot about the personality of that buyer. Most buyers that I know would rather base their purchase choices on the personality of the buyer, than an artificial – fake – “I’m the awesomest ever” seller who has nothing but perfect 5-star reviews.

It’s even harder for them to trust a seller who seems to be hiding something. If your overall rating and the ratings on your active/visible gigs don’t match, it will look like you’re hiding something, and potential buyers might see you as dishonest because of that.

Thank you so much, I will try to get good review on this gig itself. It bothered me because the review is unfair and does not rate to work itself.

It’s better to delete that gig instead of telling long stories to everyone.

When you’re confident of your quality, one single negative review can not stop your success. Keep going with your good works.

This is terrible advice. It is better to present your personality, and show your honesty through how you respond to negative reviews, than to run away and hide the truth. Deleting a gig because of a bad review is nothing more than giving up, and trying to hide the truth.

Buyers prefer honest sellers. Insincere sellers who either have no confidence in their work, or seek to scam others, hide the truth from their buyers.

Be an honest seller. Take the good with the bad. No one is perfect.

Your profile looks good, i dont think its needed to remove gig.

I agree with you. Thanks.