Should I deliver an order without instructions?

fastcopywriter

I have a client who has bought several times from me, and we haven’t had problems. This time, he placed an order but didn’t provide instructions.

There are no messages either, so I can’t click “I have all the information I need” and start the order.

IF I refund, it will lower my order completion rate.

So, can I start the order, deliver nothing, and hope for the best? Or could that cause me problems?

What about an order where the buyer is unresponsive and doesn’t provide needed information, but provides some words still, so the timer starts?

Sounds like only way to handle that is to request a cancellation where you ask for additional details, and keep re-sending it, so the order does not get cancelled, unless the buyer accepts it or you ask support to cancel it once you get tired of sending it over and over again.

That would damage your order completion rate, even though it would not be your fault. :thinking:

I’m guessing you have already messaged this person?

Did she/he reply??

I’m sure delivering an empty order was against TOS…

The issue isn’t an extension because the clock hasn’t started ticking. I’m happy to report that my order completion rate has increased to 90%. So here’s what I’m going to do, until the evaluation period is over, I won’t refund this order. If I refund, I’ll be back to 89%.

Three times on separate dates.

What about an order where the buyer is unresponsive and doesn’t provide needed information, but provides some words still, so the timer starts?

Great question, if the only words I get are “I’m opening a restaurant” then I’ll figure something out on my own. If he or she writes “Hi” and nothing else, that’s a little scary. So far that hasn’t happened to me.

The issue isn’t an extension because the clock hasn’t started ticking. I’m happy to report that my order completion rate has increased to 90%. So here’s what I’m going to do, until the evaluation period is over, I won’t refund this order. If I refund, I’ll be back to 89%.

Three times on separate dates.

Great question, if the only words I get are “I’m opening a restaurant” then I’ll figure something out on my own. If he or she writes “Hi” and nothing else, that’s a little scary. So far that hasn’t happened to me.

I’m happy to report that my order completion rate has increased to 90%.

Wow, that’s awesome! 🎉 Only a few more days to go!

applause2u.gif.b365d64ebbab8fc96c50e36a164c66a0.gif

Dangerous… thing

Dangerous… think. Don’t buy or sell review!!!

Huh? :thinking: You didn’t read the thread.

What do you mean? Users in this thread didn’t mention anything remotely close to buying or selling reviews. Besides, it’s against Fiverr’s ToS.

Dangerous… think. Don’t buy or sell review!!!

Huh? :thinking: You didn’t read the thread.

What do you mean? Users in this thread didn’t mention anything remotely close to buying or selling reviews. Besides, it’s against Fiverr’s ToS.

It’s dangerous for me too if I explain it?

That’s exactly how I feel.

I didn’t know that “client name’s order has been marked automatically as complete” improved our order completion rate. I’m so glad it does.

No it’s not. The worst that can happen is your post gets flagged. The absolute worst is getting banned from the forum for a few days, but that only happened to me once.

I think I understand what you’re talking about. You’re saying that if I deliver an order without doing the work, it will look like I paid for the review.

I disagree because this is a buyer that has bought from me 5 additional times, only this time he’s ignoring me. Maybe he’s in the hospital? Vacation? I don’t know.

I decided I will refund his order, but only once my order completion rate reaches 91%.

That’s exactly how I feel.

I didn’t know that “client name’s order has been marked automatically as complete” improved our order completion rate. I’m so glad it does.

No it’s not. The worst that can happen is your post gets flagged. The absolute worst is getting banned from the forum for a few days, but that only happened to me once.

I think I understand what you’re talking about. You’re saying that if I deliver an order without doing the work, it will look like I paid for the review.

I disagree because this is a buyer that has bought from me 5 additional times, only this time he’s ignoring me. Maybe he’s in the hospital? Vacation? I don’t know.

I decided I will refund his order, but only once my order completion rate reaches 91%.

If the order has not yet started just let it sit there until eventually he responds and the order starts. Why cancel an order that never started? He must have gotten distracted by some kind of personal event in his life and will come back when he has the time.

@sparx_intros If you get an order without instructions - why don’t you ask for instructions, rather than leave the orders pending. I’ve not understood why sellers just leave them sitting there instead of taking action on them…

I’ve had similar situations, where I sent a reminder for the buyer to send order instructions but they just never responded. I have an order from a while back still sitting in my queue even after I sent the buyer a reminder to start the order. It’s only $5, but it really kind of irks me…

@sparx_intros If you get an order without instructions - why don’t you ask for instructions, rather than leave the orders pending. I’ve not understood why sellers just leave them sitting there instead of taking action on them…

I had one like that - I asked for requirements on several occasions over the space of several weeks - I never did get a reply from the buyer. ☀️

If the order has not yet started just let it sit there until eventually he responds and the order starts. Why cancel an order that never started? He must have gotten distracted by some kind of personal event in his life and will come back when he has the time.

That’s the thing, it’s been day. Did you know some orders never start? If you don’t check your active section, you could have several orders languishing there for months. I think some people are impulsive, they click “order now” and then get distracted with something else.

Imagine someone that joins Fiverr but then decides not to use it. That happens all the time online. People download apps, then forget to register.

That’s the thing, it’s been day. Did you know some orders never start? If you don’t check your active section, you could have several orders languishing there for months. I think some people are impulsive, they click “order now” and then get distracted with something else.

Imagine someone that joins Fiverr but then decides not to use it. That happens all the time online. People download apps, then forget to register.

I wouldn’t worry about opened orders at all. Especially with the current system, every cancellation will affect your stats. My best advice would be to leave it be until the buyer returns.

I wouldn’t worry about opened orders at all. Especially with the current system, every cancellation will affect your stats. My best advice would be to leave it be until the buyer returns.

Yes, I’m taking your advice even though I feel like I’m manipulating the statistics. I’m not doing anything illegal.

Yes, I’m taking your advice even though I feel like I’m manipulating the statistics. I’m not doing anything illegal.

I’ve had 2-3 unopened orders sitting in my portal for months! I cancelled them before the new system was put into effect.

It’s a buyers choice to purchase from you, and it’s their responsibility to start the order. Nothing wrong whatsoever.

Archived