Should I go with Payoneer or PayPal? - wost experience with PayPal

anamariaedan

Hello 🙂

I decided it would be a great idea to ask you which one do you think it’s better currently, Payoneer or PayPal?

I’ve been using PayPal since I first started working as a Freelancer, and everything was going well until they decided to limit my account. At that moment, I figured it’s no big deal, as I can easily provide proof of my identity. Guess what? I was wrong. I had no idea that they would put me through so much trouble! I send 10 documents in order to verify my address, and each of them was received and rejected by PayPal’s customer support. As I live with my parents, it is obvious that all bills are in their name, literally everything. So, I went to the town hall and got a paper signed by the mayor which proves I do live at my address and it is valid. However, PayPal decided that is not good enough for them. So, I went with the second option, going to the bank and getting a document which would have my address written on it. I was send back home by 3 different consultants of the bank, as they told me that the address can only be found in their private data-base, and they do not include it on any bank statements. After hours of discussions, one of them came with the idea of getting a document of personal data updating, which would include all requirements mentioned in the 7 emails received by PayPal by then. I finally send the document in JPEG, PNG and PDF format to make sure there are no compatibility issues and they tell me that the document appears blank. I attach it once again and receive the same email as previously, that is is not a valid document. At this point I am so annoyed, I spent two weeks getting documentation in order to verify my account, I have all my money locked in PayPal, because Fiverr is my only income at the moment and no chances of not only getting my money back, or my account. I explained the situation countless times, even contacted them on Facebook, Twitter, by email, made a formal complaint, and still nothing solves the issue. I am blown away of the situation I am in, and I cannot believe no one even tries to understand that in Romania, or at least in my case, there are no other options for me in regards to the documents they need.

The reason why I shared this story with you is because I would be very happy to hear if any of you had a similar situation, and how did it get solved?

Also, should I give up on my money and just use Payoneer? Is it better? I am worried because I saw it takes a $30 yearly fee, and even more importantly, you can only withdraw a minimum of $50, which is really bad for me.

I’m sorry if I bored anyone, but I am really sad and don’t really know what to do in order to fix this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. There is no yearly fees of Payoneer.
  2. It`s your money, ask Paypal to either transfer it to you or send it back.
  3. Yes, in Payoneer the minimum payout is $50 but still it worths it.

I was just about to tag you and then I read your answer. You are like an unofficial Payoneer ambassador here 🙂

1. There is no yearly fees of Payoneer.
  2. It`s your money, ask Paypal to either transfer it to you or send it back.
  3. Yes, in Payoneer the minimum payout is $50 but still it worths it.

Thank you for this reply! Where do you live? I read somewhere that Payoneer is absolutely free in some countries, unfortunately, not mine. 😦

Thank you for this reply! Where do you live? I read somewhere that Payoneer is absolutely free in some countries, unfortunately, not mine. 😦

I live in India and Payoneer is completely free here.

Don`t know about Romania though. You can also have a look at the link I posted above for more details. 🙂

I found this in the “VIA MARKETPLACES …” Tab -

Additional fees may be charged by your bank. Bank processing fees, landing fees, or intermediary fees may be deducted from the received amount by your bank or any other payment provider not directly associated with Payoneer.

I live in India and Payoneer is completely free here.

Don`t know about Romania though. You can also have a look at the link I posted above for more details. 🙂

I found this in the “VIA MARKETPLACES …” Tab -

Additional fees may be charged by your bank. Bank processing fees, landing fees, or intermediary fees may be deducted from the received amount by your bank or any other payment provider not directly associated with Payoneer.

I actually made an account few days ago, I read everything I could find about it on the website, but there’s one thing I am not sure of: Do they take a annual fee only if you have a Payoneer card, or even for having an account?

Look here: https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6115/~/what-is-the-annual-fee%3F

I’m based in India. If @taverr says it’s free for him, it’s gotta be free for me too. Even if it weren’t free, the 30$ fee would still be cheaper than what I pay for Paypal annually. Paypal charges 3% per transaction, plus gives us 7% less currency conversion rate so 30$ is what I would be losing to Paypal for withdrawing just 300$ AND continue paying the same for all other withdrawals as well, while in the case of Payoneer, my liability stops at 30$ max.

If I withdraw 2000$ via Paypal, I get only 1800$. If I withdraw the same via Payoneer, I get 1970$ even with the 30$ fee. It seems the fee doesn’t exist here and currency conversion rate is also perfect, so I will get more than 98% of it.

@writer99025 how do you withdraw?

I’m based in India. If @taverr says it’s free for him, it’s gotta be free for me too. Even if it weren’t free, the 30$ fee would still be cheaper than what I pay for Paypal annually. Paypal charges 3% per transaction, plus gives us 7% less currency conversion rate so 30$ is what I would be losing to Paypal for withdrawing just 300$ AND continue paying the same for all other withdrawals as well, while in the case of Payoneer, my liability stops at 30$ max.

If I withdraw 2000$ via Paypal, I get only 1800$. If I withdraw the same via Payoneer, I get 1970$ even with the 30$ fee. It seems the fee doesn’t exist here and currency conversion rate is also perfect, so I will get more than 98% of it.

Just don’t use their Card and connect it directly to your bank account and don’t worry about the fees, there is nothing like that. 😁

@anamariaedan, they takes the annual fees if you use their card. Just don`t use it and connect it to your bank account.

PayPal, I am used to it and it has served me well over the years. But I don’t want to get into this Payoneer vs PayPal contest. You do what you feel comfortable with.

PayPal, I am used to it and it has served me well over the years. But I don’t want to get into this Payoneer vs PayPal contest. You do what you feel comfortable with.

How much Paypal pays for $150? Or can you give an example of any other amount?

@silkroute @taverr Yes, but for me it would be different. On PayPal I pay $2,5 for each withdraw, and no conversion fee (or very small not noticeable), while Payoneer would take more fees, both for whitdrawing and conversion. I don’t remember exactly, but I know it is more than PayPal. 😦

@writer99025 Same here. I would love to be able to use PayPal, but I have no idea what more I could do, as they do not provide any helpful assistance.

@silkroute @taverr Yes, but for me it would be different. On PayPal I pay $2,5 for each withdraw, and no conversion fee (or very small not noticeable), while Payoneer would take more fees, both for whitdrawing and conversion. I don’t remember exactly, but I know it is more than PayPal. 😦

@writer99025 Same here. I would love to be able to use PayPal, but I have no idea what more I could do, as they do not provide any helpful assistance.

I never had any issue with PayPal over the 3 years I’ve been using it.

Thanks for your inputs.

Paypal doesn’t allow domestic transactions.

@taverr $70.00 in PP turned out to be 4371.96 (this was when INR was 68.20). A good 500rs swindled off in the name of conversion. Now imagine if I had withdrawn 700$, I’d be losing the equivalent of a new hard disk. 😂

Maybe you didn’t furnish the relevant tax information that pertains to your country.

@writer99025 There was one more step that I needed to take in order to get it back, verify my home address. And, they asked for bills, property documents or bank statements. Obviously, as I live with my parents I do not have anything in my name and the documents that include my name do not also include the address. At the bank, people thought I was crazy asking for a bank statement with my address, as no bank here includes that on any bank statement. I tried to explain it so many times, but I don’t think they read my emails, as they always reply with ‘‘robotic’’ messages, only their name changes.

@writer99025 There was one more step that I needed to take in order to get it back, verify my home address. And, they asked for bills, property documents or bank statements. Obviously, as I live with my parents I do not have anything in my name and the documents that include my name do not also include the address. At the bank, people thought I was crazy asking for a bank statement with my address, as no bank here includes that on any bank statement. I tried to explain it so many times, but I don’t think they read my emails, as they always reply with ‘‘robotic’’ messages, only their name changes.

Yeah, that seems to be the problem.

Thanks for your inputs.

Paypal doesn’t allow domestic transactions.

@taverr $70.00 in PP turned out to be 4371.96 (this was when INR was 68.20). A good 500rs swindled off in the name of conversion. Now imagine if I had withdrawn 700$, I’d be losing the equivalent of a new hard disk. 😂

It always depends from country to country. Being in India, Payoneer appears the most favorable, but it’s fees and procedures are different in other countries, and I guess the same is with PayPal. 🙂

Archived