Fiverr Community Forum

Should I pause my gig?

I need advice. I have some personal matters that need immediate attention and I will not be able to complete orders during this time. Could be a week or more.
But I’ve only recently started receiving orders on a daily basis so I do not know if I should pause the gig or not. Will pausing affect me? I am a New Seller.
Please help :pray:

4 Likes

mmmmm hard to say what will happen. For an honesty thing, anyway, I would pause.

1 Like

Use out of office feature.

3 Likes

You mean limiting gig queue? @sajedulshawon1

No this one from your profile page.
Capture

Sounds like you need to pause your gig. Best wishes your way.

2 Likes

But remember either option you would use that will affect your sales. I saw many sellers have thousand+ reviews but their sale became 0 after pausing their gig or editing their gig. Most important thing your gig impression, views,clicks will decrease and it will affect in your gig ranking

4 Likes

That is true. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

1 Like

I can’t weasel my way out of this one, I don’t think I actually have a choice. I’ll find a way to get back up.

1 Like

Another option could be that someone else is running your account temporarily, but I don’t know if that is possible. In the end it’s all about choices, what is more important? I think looking from my perspective - that solving your personal problems are priority number one.

2 Likes

Hello, if you cannot complete orders of course pause your gig. You have no choice.

3 Likes

You could extend your delivery times to 21-29 days and deliver when you return. If you choose this, put clear notes in gig/profile descriptions saying that deliveries will take much longer than usual. This helps you avoid cancellations or poor reviews over people who didn’t see the extended time.

2 Likes

But will I even get orders then?
That’s an excellent idea though, that way I won’t lose my views either. Thank you so much for your response!

I don’t know if you’ll get orders. I have used this method to stay visible and orders slowed way down, but I still received a few.

1 Like

I have to agree I think you should just put your gig on pause.

1 Like

You can put your gig Only on pause

& Best of luck

Best Wishes

1 Like

Well at least my ranking won’t change much. I guess I’ll try this method. Thank you for your advice.

1 Like

The disappointment is a curse
I hope you will succeed
Time should be at least for a few days
You will succeed

1 Like

It will damage your rank and possibility to get more orders. So I think you should be careful on it.

1 Like

Increase your price range to increasingly high, or maximum so that it will keep buyers away. When you are ready to take the orders again then decrease the price.

1 Like