Should I pause my gig?

aashishah

I need advice. I have some personal matters that need immediate attention and I will not be able to complete orders during this time. Could be a week or more.
But I’ve only recently started receiving orders on a daily basis so I do not know if I should pause the gig or not. Will pausing affect me? I am a New Seller.
Please help 🙏

If your personal matters need immediate focus and attention I would pause your gig or make use of the out of office reply. Pausing is clear to everyone that you’re not able to handle anymore projects. And in case of your personal matter, you should first fix that to have a clear mind.

If you don’t deliver Gigs it can affect your rating and reliability, plus it’s not fair to keep clients waiting in line thinking their project would be solved.

Can’t you refer them temporarily to a collegue or fellow Fiverr designer to make sure the clients are being helped/served with a solution to their problem?

If you need any further help, I am willing to help you finding a solution.

That is true. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

But remember either option you would use that will affect your sales. I saw many sellers have thousand+ reviews but their sale became 0 after pausing their gig or editing their gig. Most important thing your gig impression, views,clicks will decrease and it will affect in your gig ranking

I can’t weasel my way out of this one, I don’t think I actually have a choice. I’ll find a way to get back up.

If your personal matters need immediate focus and attention I would pause your gig or make use of the out of office reply. Pausing is clear to everyone that you’re not able to handle anymore projects. And in case of your personal matter, you should first fix that to have a clear mind.

If you don’t deliver Gigs it can affect your rating and reliability, plus it’s not fair to keep clients waiting in line thinking their project would be solved.

Can’t you refer them temporarily to a collegue or fellow Fiverr designer to make sure the clients are being helped/served with a solution to their problem?

If you need any further help, I am willing to help you finding a solution.

If you don’t deliver Gigs it can affect your rating and reliability, plus it’s not fair to keep clients waiting in line

Another option could be that someone else is running your account temporarily, but I don’t know if that is possible. In the end it’s all about choices, what is more important? I think looking from my perspective - that solving your personal problems are priority number one.

You could extend your delivery times to 21-29 days and deliver when you return. If you choose this, put clear notes in gig/profile descriptions saying that deliveries will take much longer than usual. This helps you avoid cancellations or poor reviews over people who didn’t see the extended time.

You could extend your delivery times to 21-29 days and deliver when you return. If you choose this, put clear notes in gig/profile descriptions saying that deliveries will take much longer than usual. This helps you avoid cancellations or poor reviews over people who didn’t see the extended time.

But will I even get orders then?

That’s an excellent idea though, that way I won’t lose my views either. Thank you so much for your response!

But will I even get orders then?

That’s an excellent idea though, that way I won’t lose my views either. Thank you so much for your response!

I don’t know if you’ll get orders. I have used this method to stay visible and orders slowed way down, but I still received a few.

I need advice. I have some personal matters that need immediate attention and I will not be able to complete orders during this time. Could be a week or more.

But I’ve only recently started receiving orders on a daily basis so I do not know if I should pause the gig or not. Will pausing affect me? I am a New Seller.

Please help 🙏

if I should pause the gig or not. Will pausing affect me?

It will damage your rank and possibility to get more orders. So I think you should be careful on it.

I took time off Fiverr in the past for one week and two weeks using the out of office feature (I did not pause my gigs).

Both times, when I returned, my gig views increased for some days, after that they went down to the same amount of daily views I had before using the out of office feature.

If I was in your situation, I would use the out of office feature. Because that is what the out of office feature does, it allows you to take a vacation, no matter if you make holidays or look after your family.

Archived