Should I report to Fiverr?

maddy4work

A buyer out of nowhere just messaged me the project and provided his contact details. I told him it’s against Fiverr ToS . Now I just want to know, should I report this buyer? He seems to be new to this platform and is insisting me to do the work. I have already blocked him.
Please help!

In the first instance, we don’t report. We just explain politely that we insist on all of our communication taking place within the Fiverr messaging system, and that if the buyer wishes to continue with an order, these rules would need to be adhered to. If the buyer continues to push for off-site communication, then sure, report away. But when we message back like this, almost all buyers agree to communicate via Fiverr.

As you say, often it’s a genuine lack of understanding of how Fiverr works, and not anything malicious. Also, there are some cases where off-site communication is permitted, but we prefer to avoid it altogether.

In the first instance, we don’t report. We just explain politely that we insist on all of our communication taking place within the Fiverr messaging system, and that if the buyer wishes to continue with an order, these rules would need to be adhered to. If the buyer continues to push for off-site communication, then sure, report away. But when we message back like this, almost all buyers agree to communicate via Fiverr.

As you say, often it’s a genuine lack of understanding of how Fiverr works, and not anything malicious. Also, there are some cases where off-site communication is permitted, but we prefer to avoid it altogether.

Thank you very much for the insights.

As you said, I politely told him about the Fiverr ToS and told him to be careful. But not knowing how to perfectly handle this situation, I immediately blocked him.

Shall I unblock him now?

Thank you very much for the insights.

As you said, I politely told him about the Fiverr ToS and told him to be careful. But not knowing how to perfectly handle this situation, I immediately blocked him.

Shall I unblock him now?

Yes unblock him and only report him if he does it again but as others have said, if he is new it is probably just that he doesn’t know how fiverr works.

Yes unblock him and only report him if he does it again but as others have said, if he is new it is probably just that he doesn’t know how fiverr works.

Hope Fiverr, in the very first instance provides guidelines to the buyers and make them aware of the ToS( that cannot be skipped)

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Archived