Sick Leave?

I would like to suggest technical team to implement “Sick Leave” or “Emergency Leave” feature on fiverr only for 1 or 2 days leave on current orders. I know fiverr give us vacation mode features and that is awesome features on fiverr but this features only work for stop new order flow until last vacation day BUT after complete current pending 5 days orders.

So I just want request fiverr to implement “Sick Leave” or “Emergency Leave” features for sellers at least once in a order or once in a month for current order queue.

Please fiverr Sellers share your Thoughts!

I do not think pausing all orders without the buyers’ consent for emergency/sick leave is a good idea. What about a buyer who orders expedited 24-hour delivery, for example? Through this emergency leave system, their order’s deadline would be extended by days, which would likely cause problems with their own schedule and deadlines, as they probably ordered 24-hour delivery for a good reason, such as actually needing their delivery within a day rather than possibly having the order paused and the delivery timeframe extended unexpectedly.

If implemented, I think this suggestion may wind up putting your buyers in a bind that they did not foresee. Yes, I totally understand that emergencies and illnesses are unexpected, and everyone hates having to stop their normal routine to deal with those issues. However, if you encounter an emergency where you absolutely cannot work on Fiverr orders or meet delivery deadlines, I think simply requesting cancellations of your orders, explaining the situation to the buyers, would be best and more logical. No one likes losing orders (i.e., income) through cancellations, but unexpectedly extending existing delivery deadlines without buyers’ consent would not create happy customers, and the overall process just wouldn’t work out for the better.

Reply to @nickih: Okay. I can understand. You said “I think simply requesting cancellations of your orders, explaining the situation to the buyers, would be best and more logical.” but can you please tell me how many orders you can cancelled in case you sick? 1,2 or 5? I have, you have and i think more then approx. 70% seller have 10+ new order in queue per day. So it’s not good idea to cancel all orders at a same time but in this case if we send “Emergency pause” request to buyer then i think most of buyer accept our request and agree with us if they are good buyers otherwise buyer direct say us to cancel order and we have option to cancel few 1 or 2 order rather then 10 order at a time.

And this is “emergency/sick leave” not weekends leave so it will be happen once in a month or may be once in a year.

Anyways, thanks for your Thoughts.

I think it is a great suggestion. I am going through it right now, I offer voice overs and have problems with my voice …I do not want to blow all of my vacation days since I heard there is a limit of 60! I think a “sick” option would be a wonderful idea and should not effect the sellers account. Everybody gets sick once in a while or has an emergency in the family-nobody should be punished for that !!!

Reply to @nickih: Even though I understand as much as anyone about emergencies, I have to agree with you to a point. If buyers had their deadlines forced into extension without their consent, some would demands refunds and never come back and others would at least want refunds for any express deliveries. I am a seller but if I paid someone $50 for a 24 hour delivery and then got a message saying they are sick and get 24 more hours but I lose my $50 I would be pretty upset.

I could see a way to offer a bulk mutual cancel for all open orders. If someone was extremely ill or being hospitalized and have a large number of orders in queue, it may be tough to go through each one. When suspending all gigs at once, sellers could have a checkbox or dropdown option to extend emergency cancellation offers on all active orders. A family member could do it for someone who was very ill as well. Perhaps it could be limited to 2 uses per year.

There are probably more important fixes that need to be done first, but that’s my idea.

Reply to @fonthaunt: Thanks for suggestion. I have also express delivery order but ratio is only 10% to 15% and i am not say to directly pause all current order but we send “Emergency pause” request to buyer then i think most of buyer accept our request and agree with us if they are good buyers otherwise buyer direct say us to cancel order and we have option to cancel few 1 or 2 order rather then all orders at a time.

Like @fonthaunt said, there are other things I’d like to see addressed first. This would, however, maybe be another use for the “mutual extension” idea that many people have been suggesting over on the late deliveries thread. If you had express deliveries pending but were just too sick to get to anything that day, you could ask your buyers for a mutual extension, and if not, for a cancellation.

I know that my situation is not the norm, but I only very rarely have an order in my queue that is due urgently and if I’m going to be incapacitated for more than a week, I can get a friend or family member to log on, put me on vacation or just suspend everything, and then cancel the orders that are going to go late (or force them to take dictation so I could still deliver work anyway because I am just so type A).

I’d probably also send those buyers a picture of me in my double arm casts–because breaking both of my arms is probably the only unexpected event that would put me out of commission for more than a few days knock on wood and I wouldn’t want those buyers to think I strung them along and then just dumped them a few days before their orders are due for no reason (again, super type A).

Building a few extra days into their delivery timelines might not be possible/acceptable for all sellers, but always running down to the wire is not possible/acceptable for me, so from a very self-centered point of view, I think other features/business practices could be put in place that would cover this need.

Archived