Since last week I've been getting orders only from repeat customers. What's going on?

Hello guys! So basically, the thread name sums it up. Since last week I’ve been getting orders only from repeat customers and I’ve been getting 1-2 messages a day, while usually, I get 5-10 messages a day. Last month was and I was bombarded with orders/messages, some of the days I had to respond to 15+ potential customers but something’s not right since last week. The only orders I’m working on are from repeat customers. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Lot’s of us have noticed some big changes in our orders and number of messages leading some of us to wonder if the algorithm is being modified. I created some polls just out of curiosity about this possibility.

Who knows what’s going on; I sure don’t. It also could simply be a result of everyone sheltering at home, or being unemployed. Changes are in the air.

Do you know if your gig has changed it’s ranking/position?

From about exactly a week ago. I definitely think that it’s some modifications on the platform as throughout the whole pandemic I’ve been doing great. I’ve actually maintained solid 2-3 orders a day + 5-10 messages on average since day 1, this is the first time I’m experiencing something like this and I’m getting a little worried. I feel like we should definitely notify Fiverr if it’s a thing. If altering the algorithm is hurting the sellers and the platform I feel like they should be notified.

From about exactly a week ago. I definitely think that it’s some modifications on the platform as throughout the whole pandemic I’ve been doing great. I’ve actually maintained solid 2-3 orders a day + 5-10 messages on average since day 1, this is the first time I’m experiencing something like this and I’m getting a little worried. I feel like we should definitely notify Fiverr if it’s a thing. If altering the algorithm is hurting the sellers and the platform I feel like they should be notified.

But I’m actually watching my “Completed orders” so my estimate may be a bit off (by 2-3 days)

I feel like they should be notified.

I’m sure they are aware of what’s going on. They are changing things obviously on purpose. They know it all, things we will never know. After all it’s their site, their engineers, their managers doing it all.

They are getting ready for paid ads which is a big change in how things work.

I feel like they should be notified.

I’m sure they are aware of what’s going on. They are changing things obviously on purpose. They know it all, things we will never know. After all it’s their site, their engineers, their managers doing it all.

They are getting ready for paid ads which is a big change in how things work.

Probably, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s for the best and I feel like we should express our dissatisfaction with the new changes if they affect our businesses negatively. Before the gig impression stat bug appeared I actually saw quite a big change on my impressions which is crazy as it was all right after the best month I had on here which is a bit counter-intuitive.

I had the same issue in April. Now my gig is back and I have more orders than usual.

I believe they are rotating gigs. Did you cancel a lot of orders or delivered them late? It might be a reason…

I believe they are rotating gigs.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^… ⤴️

I had the same issue in April. Now my gig is back and I have more orders than usual.

I believe they are rotating gigs. Did you cancel a lot of orders or delivered them late? It might be a reason…

Not really. Here are my stats:

5 star seller rank

100% response rate

100% delivered on time

97% order completion rate

1 hour average response time.

Last month was probably my best month on the platform. Since last week the only orders I did are for repeat customers and that’s pretty much it.

5 star seller rank

100% response rate

100% delivered on time

Last month was probably my best month on the platform. Since last week the only orders I did are for repeat customers and that’s pretty much it.

I see

I still believe gig rotation is a thing. For me it lasted a few weeks, then it came back. Then again, I had surgery and I had to cancel some large gigs due to that.

I would say wait, deliver everything on time, don’t cancel and reply to people right away. I did that and it worked for me. So that’s all the advice I can provide for now.

5 star seller rank

100% response rate

100% delivered on time

Never think the way it is now or for a week or for two weeks is the way it’s going to be forever because it won’t be.

Something is definitely amiss, May has been really slow and I’ve been getting a lot less messages compared to the last 4 months. I didn’t do anything too wrong to have encountered such a huge drop in impressions. I’m also doing work for repeat customers right now basically. It’s definitely a cause of concern and I can’t really put a finger on what lead to this change (a rather negative one).

Something is definitely amiss, May has been really slow and I’ve been getting a lot less messages compared to the last 4 months. I didn’t do anything too wrong to have encountered such a huge drop in impressions. I’m also doing work for repeat customers right now basically. It’s definitely a cause of concern and I can’t really put a finger on what lead to this change (a rather negative one).

Exactly my experience. Maybe all of us who are experiencing this should contact CS and inform them of the issue?

Exactly my experience. Maybe all of us who are experiencing this should contact CS and inform them of the issue?

Well I talked with CS when I had that issue. And what they will tell you is the order is active, buyers can see it, and you are not guaranteed any particular spot in search. That’s what I was told, and I understand. All we can do is wait when it comes to this type of stuff, and work on the orders we get, then go from there onward

Well I talked with CS when I had that issue. And what they will tell you is the order is active, buyers can see it, and you are not guaranteed any particular spot in search. That’s what I was told, and I understand. All we can do is wait when it comes to this type of stuff, and work on the orders we get, then go from there onward

I’m trying to make a different point. What I mean is this - If a bunch of people are experiencing the same issue we should report it to them as their algorithm changes are not necessarily for the best. They need feedback on this stuff. I’ll put it as this - If a friend of mine gained weight and I cared for him, I’d probably tell him to exercise. Same dynamic should go on here. If we are unhappy with something we should inform the Fiverr team because we care about the platform and we care about our businesses.

I’m trying to make a different point. What I mean is this - If a bunch of people are experiencing the same issue we should report it to them as their algorithm changes are not necessarily for the best. They need feedback on this stuff. I’ll put it as this - If a friend of mine gained weight and I cared for him, I’d probably tell him to exercise. Same dynamic should go on here. If we are unhappy with something we should inform the Fiverr team because we care about the platform and we care about our businesses.

If a bunch of people are experiencing the same issue

A bunch of people are also experiencing the exact opposite but they are not here boasting about it. You only hear the ones who are going down, not from the ones going up.

Archived