Sir, Sir/Ma'am, or Nothing?

How should we address buyers while sending an offer to a buyer request posted in the “Recent Buyer Requests” section? What do you guys do? There is no way to determine the gender of a buyer unless it is evident from the profile photo.

yes now way to identify but for me in a situation like this i’l just Hello or probably Hi.hmmmm

:slight_smile:

Just be polite and say Hello, or hey. Don’t use slangs or any ‘please hire me!!!I will do your gig!!!’ Just state your past experience, or put a link leading to your sample. That way you will get more sales!

Just avoid gender and also too-familiar terms like “hello dear” or worse. “Bro,” “friend” or similar. Keep it simple.

It’s an interesting question

I always start talking with a “new” buyer at inbox or via buyer request introducing myself, something like:

Hello, my name is Sergio from Spain

And here is where I start the discussion about the project

I think you gave the best answer so far.

Dear sirmaam.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It has always worked good to me so far

No.

Don’t be racist.

“To whom it may concern,”

Always start with hi or hello. After doing a few sales and with increased trust level, you may start with dear…

I always says Hi, (username )

This is better

Dear, never use dear, nobody is your dear, we are all professionals.

Happened with me Somtimes in past. That i addressed many females as sir

my indian people will dear you all the way

@supermandk hmmm every female in any force is normaly address has ‘Sir’

You cannot spell, yet sell writing services. I think we can safely discount your opinion on this issue. In any case, this is Fiverr, not the armed forces. Dear.